New mastery: Shadow Weaving stacking?

The flavor text says as follows: "Your damage is increased by X%
    for each Shadowword: Pain, Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague on the target.
    During Voidform, all targets receive the maximum effect."

For the first part mentioning "for each *dot* on the target" -- does this mean it stacks with other shadowpriests dots?
    Last edited by Aizo; 2020-08-26 at 11:52 PM.

I really don't think so.

The second part mentionn a "maximum effect" so it must be capped at 3xdot (SW:P, VT and DP)

I know that it only stacks up to 3. But does SW:P, Vampiric touch and Devouring Plague of others also are included in this: because the text would normally include "your".

When has it ever been intentional that things scaling with stacks would be scaling off of other's debuffs? I'll eat my words if it turns out not to be the case, but ooooobviously the new mastery is based on your own dots exclusively - it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I know that it only stacks up to 3. But does SW:P, Vampiric touch and Devouring Plague of others also are included in this: because the text would normally include "your".
    yeah that's what I mean - other similar talents/spells/abilities would be more specific about it

So this new mastery encourages full uptime of DP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    So this new mastery encourages full uptime of DP?

That is weird considering Blizzards initial reason for bringing DP back to begin with. Didn't they say they intend for DP to be used for short length encounters with small HP targets - like leveling, maybe PvP, trash mobs - and not boss fights?

Along with Void Eruption, Devouring Plague will be the only other spell that costs Insanity. Our intent with Devouring Plague is for it to be used on enemies who die quickly, such as common creatures while leveling, or on simple trash pulls, while Voidform is more powerful on longer combat encounters.

Unless they have since changed their philosophy on DP. I know it was 21 seconds and now it's been tuned down to a 6 second duration, so I'm not sure if it's worth putting up on a boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    That is weird considering Blizzards initial reason for bringing DP back to begin with. Didn't they say they intend for DP to be used for short length encounters with small HP targets - like leveling, maybe PvP, trash mobs - and not boss fights?

Unless they have since changed their philosophy on DP. I know it was 21 seconds and now it's been tuned down to a 6 second duration, so I'm not sure if it's worth putting up on a boss fight.
    You about pre-work or post-rework?