Page 32 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    the high number of pack buyers from the start should have been an alarm already...

oh they are going to give us 3 days crystalline aura to everyone that log in from the launch (already more than 5h late) until the same hour on the 13th... but what if they don't even launch at that date ?
    premium pack buyer get ever more for they money, F2P like us can just go cry somewhere else I suppose

nice politics from amazon : how to kill your playerbase and future revenues 101
    While I think this is a complete shitshow on various levels as far as F2P launch day went, ultimately this and all will be a small unnoticeable blip down the road.

I played this game quite a bit on RU and IMO playing pure pure F2P is not really viable, unless you want to down ungodly amount of hours into the game daily.

Now sure viable varies for people, but for me wasting a dozen hours of my time to get something like ~15 USD worth of benefits is simply not something reasonable. And that's how it is with Crystalline Aura - you really want it if you want to do anything more than just mess around in this game.

And then of course you have various other ways to goad people into paying $$, like Pheons. So ultimately if people want to play this game even little bit seriously - expect to toss 20 bucks a month at it the least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    ... your surprised they don't give FREE players compensation for downtime?
    Your playing for free, how fucking entitled can you be?
    I actually don't think it's entitled at all, AGS wasted people' time out of schedule and time is the most valuable thing you can have.

Now, if it was just some indie studio/publisher launching some freemium title, you could say "ok, these are the good guys, give them their fuckup or two".

But it's fucking Amazon (and SG execs are not exactly living off stale bread either). So yes, as fucking AGS, who chill bought Twitch with their spare change and have a huge history of fucking up just about everything they touch - could as a matter of fact offer a little bit more than something pathetic like 3 days of Crystal Aura as a gesture of good will.

Like legit - give a month. It's ok I'm sure Jeff would handle it somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

And before you say I'm some miser for extra Crystalline Aura time, check out my DLC section. It's fine, I don't really give a fuck, but some things need to be set damn straight and AGS needs to respect players' time a bit more than some shitty $1 worth of compensation. Even for the F2P players, because their time is worth the same.

The nerd raging is getting pretty amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    The nerd raging is getting pretty amusing.
    I know right?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

They wanted to lock creation for new players on early access servers, they locked all players out of the servers

10+ Year Old Account
    lol they wiped all the characters
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

That's how you fix the duping, delete everything LOL.

I like this style of management.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I would laugh my ass off if all characters are indeed poofed. I mean I'd be hella done with the game, but I'd laugh.

Another delay cause founders characters are missing...DAMMIT...i just want to make new character and play

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Wipe as in entirely deleted or just their inventories and such? I really hope they just nuked them, cheaters deserve it, and anyone who did it was probably no-lifing so they lost a lot of time.

Edit: Seen two things now, one saying people who duped the founders stuff got nuked, but I guess all characters are gone? Damn. That's quite the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Wipe as in entirely deleted or just their inventories and such? I really hope they just nuked them, cheaters deserve it, and anyone who did it was probably no-lifing so they lost a lot of time.

Edit: Seen two things now, one saying people who duped the founders stuff got nuked, but I guess all characters are gone? Damn. That's quite the fuck up.
    They tweeted 5 minutes ago that they gonna restore the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    rofl they're gonna delete the boobs too!!

Basically you try to go to your server and you cannot get in because it shows 0 characters. You can't go there because it treats you as a new player and you cannot create characters on the heavy populated servers. As far as them missing or deleted? Who knows what the reality is. I just know I cannot log on to my server and then they took down the servers.

This is the worst game launch since error 37

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They tweeted 5 minutes ago that they gonna restore the characters.

I assumed they would restore legit characters if that was the case, but I also heard there was a big dupe glitch, so when I saw that they wiped characters my brain immediately related it to that because it'd be great if they literally just deleted the characters that did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Basically you try to go to your server and you cannot get in because it shows 0 characters. You can't go there because it treats you as a new player and you cannot create characters on the heavy populated servers. As far as them missing or deleted? Who knows what the reality is. I just know I cannot log on to my server and then they took down the servers.
    Nothing deleted. Tweet threatened to delete characters and boobs from lostark official to retaliate against the nerd raging.

edit nvm got fooled by top meme on reddit.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2022-02-11 at 10:50 PM.

I assumed they would restore legit characters if that was the case, but I also heard there was a big dupe glitch, so when I saw that they wiped characters my brain immediately related it to that because it'd be great if they literally just deleted the characters that did it.
    Most likely they didn't delete anything and this is more likely a database bug.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    This is the worst game launch since error 37
    Nah, nothing beats TBC Classic

"5 more hours"

after 4 hours

"4 more hours"

after 3 hours

"just 3 more hours"

it didn't come up until like 3 am.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Nothing deleted. Tweet threatened to delete characters and boobs from lostark official to retaliate against the nerd raging.

edit nvm got fooled by top meme on reddit.
    Yeah I saw the meme reddit, it was pretty well done and quite timely as well.

Why's there a 3.8GB patch..? Love coming home to be met with a huge ass patch that'll take an hour to download...

game dectypted, patched, and ready to go, but servers still in maintenance/not released yet then ?
    let's wait a couple more hours then ^^