Page 69 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's not what he's saying. If you want to progress and stay "current" you might need to spend and that's fine. But you don't need to. Like, I'll probably drop cash on the game but I have no reason to spend money on progress as I play at my own pace and don't care much for staying "current" with content. Does it bother me others can get the best gear more quickly by spending money? Not in the slightest, they enjoy the game how they want and I'll enjoy the game how I want, everyone is happy.
    Yes, but the primary complaint still isn't about any of that. It's the fact that the progression content was cut so that it would just be harder to get to Argos - which they then drop as the first new content.

It'd be like Blizzard making WotLK classic but not including Naxx, only having OS, skipping Ulduar and ToC, then dropping ICC and saying, "Good news, we're selling gear!"

It wouldn't even be about staying current, or the people who do buy the gear, it'd be about the progression just feeling shitty for most players. Which T3 kinda does right now. At least they did add the Grand Prix and new login rewards to help out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Yes, but the primary complaint still isn't about any of that. It's the fact that the progression content was cut so that it would just be harder to get to Argos - which they then drop as the first new content.

It'd be like Blizzard making WotLK classic but not including Naxx, only having OS, skipping Ulduar and ToC, then dropping ICC and saying, "Good news, we're selling gear!"

It wouldn't even be about staying current, or the people who do buy the gear, it'd be about the progression just feeling shitty for most players. Which T3 kinda does right now. At least they did add the Grand Prix and new login rewards to help out, though.
    It only feels shitty because you want to be there with the others though.
    What would you have said if they just released everything?
    Just curious.
    All the T3 content for us to do. The raids and stuff.

I don't understand why content has to be paced and slowed down, even though I'm nowhere near 1370 (I'm 1355~)
    In fact, I find it shitty that they said something like that and are going to stop releasing new content.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-03-17 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Just curious.

I don't understand why content has to be paced and slowed down, even though I'm nowhere near 1370 (I'm 1355~)
    In fact, I find it shitty that they said something like that and are going to stop releasing new content.
    I guess I don't really understand what people are missing about the concept here. Maybe I didn't explain it enough or something.

There's literally an intentional gap in content between the start of T3 and the latest released content. As in, the content exists on other regions servers but was not included here. As in they chose to not release the content that would give people that progression from 1340-1370.

Whether you think that's a problem or not is one thing, but it seems like the concept just isn't sinking in with people.

Just curious.

Well, I am happy that they are slowing down new content. I am nowhere near 1300 as I have a life outside the game. Imo, they should have staged the T1/T2/T3 a few month each.

I guess I don't really understand what people are missing about the concept here. Maybe I didn't explain it enough or something.

There's literally an intentional gap in content between the start of T3 and the latest released content. As in, the content exists on other regions servers but was not included here. As in they chose to not release the content that would give people that progression from 1340-1370.

Whether you think that's a problem or not is one thing, but it seems like the concept just isn't sinking in with people.
    Yes, but why is that a problem. The point made is that this would only really bother you if you want to be at the top with the others.
    I don't understand why YOU think we don't understand what you mean or are saying.

The fact remains that people are baby-raging and feel "pressure" to be where the whales are, even though they could simply pace themselves and get there a few weeks later or whatever.
    Or even a month.

You said yourself that you aren't the speaker for all these people, so why do you act like you are right now. You too were quoting people saying that some guys need to chill and take their time, even though they never actually quoted you beforehand or whatever and didn't react to YOUR comments at all.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-03-17 at 07:56 PM.

Yes, but why is that a problem. The point made is that this would only really bother you if you want to be at the top with the others.
    ....what?

No, it bothers people because there's literally missing content. Content that you would be doing on your way to 1370.

Like I said, it'd basically be like if WotLK Classic ships without Naxx, Ulduar or ToC and then drops ICC. It would have nothing to do with, "uR jUsT mAd Ur NoT aT tHe ToP" it's that the progression and content were intentionally made to feel like shit for some reason. (In this case, to encourage people to spend more, most likely.)

....what?

No, it bothers people because there's literally missing content. Content that you would be doing on your way to 1370.

Like I said, it'd basically be like if WotLK Classic ships without Naxx, Ulduar or ToC and then drops ICC. It would have nothing to do with, "uR jUsT mAd Ur NoT aT tHe ToP" it's that the progression and content were intentionally made to feel like shit for some reason. (In this case, to encourage people to spend more, most likely.)
    So now you speak for all the people after all, ugh... whatever.

And your example with ICC is bad btw, since you played WoW, you should know why.
    You can't compare "slow progress" (LA) with "no progress" (WoW).
    If I don't have Ulduar or ToC, I can't reach ICC no matter what I do unless I buy the gear from the shop. Doesn't matter if it's a week, two, three, or a year. In LA you are just missing out on a few materials.
    I mean, they quite literally released the additional honing material event thingy alongside Argos.

There is just... more. But again, that's not what everyone is mad about. You, and some others, maybe...

And it doesn't even change the fact that this is only an issue because they actually released that Raid. If they didn't, we wouldn't even have this discussion, and that's what bothers me the most.
    Because:
    "uR jUsT mAd Ur NoT aT tHe ToP"
    I find it funny how that is still the essence of the whole thing. Not sure why you don't see that.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-03-17 at 08:08 PM.

So now you speak for all the people after all, ugh... whatever.

And your example with ICC is bad btw, since you played WoW, you should know why.
    You can't compare "slow progress" with "no progerss".
    Ok, so you're not interested in actually discussing what's going on here, you just want to be obnoxious and contrary about everything.

Like I said, if you don't have a problem with the removed content causing the progression to be significantly worse for no other reason than to get people to buy things, then that's fine. But if you won't even discuss it, then why are you bothering?

Ok, so you're not interested in actually discussing what's going on here, you just want to be obnoxious and contrary about everything.

Like I said, if you don't have a problem with the removed content causing the progression to be significantly worse for no other reason than to get people to buy things, then that's fine. But if you won't even discuss it, then why are you bothering?
    Oh man... the "you don't agree with me and thus you don't want to discuss things"-card.
    I'm discussing this with you all right.. I just find it rather pathetic that you latch onto people and act like "WhY dOn'T yOu UnDeRsTanD WhAt I'm SaYinG", especially when they don't even talk to you.
    On top of that, I don't think I have to take that shit from someone like you considering what you said in the last two pages.
    Your strawmen were pretty disgusting earlier.

First you said that one guy wanted to flex his mental fortitude, then you said Kenn said "LA did nothing wrong".
    Neither was actually said. Just in your head.

Before you can properly explain as to why the issue is not about
    "uR jUsT mAd Ur NoT aT tHe ToP"
    we have not much to discuss though. The ball is still in your park.
    Because what you just said earlier boils down to exactly that again.

Heck, I just took a look again. That one guy Kenn quoted was literally saying "Argos shouldn't have been released before more mats were available" and said how F2P had a chance to/did get world first.
    And now YOU say this isn't about "being at the top" and acted like everyone is dumb for not realizing.

Pffff.. don't tell me that people don't take issue with others being there when they themselves can't be there yet then. TYVM.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-03-17 at 08:21 PM.

Oh man... the "you don't agree with me and thus you don't want to discuss things"-card.
    I'm discussing this with you all right.. I just find it rather pathetic that you latch onto people and act like "WhY dOn'T yOu UnDeRsTanD WhAt I'm SaYinG", especially when they don't even talk to you.
    On top of that, I don't think I have to take that shit from someone like you considering what you said in the last two pages.
    Your strawmen were pretty disgusting earlier.

First you said that one guy wanted to flex his mental fortitude, then you said Kenn said "LA did nothing wrong".
    Neither was actually said. Just in your head.

Before you can properly explain as to why the issue is not about
    we have not much to discuss though. The ball is still in your park.
    Because what you just said earlier boils down to exactly that again.
    What in the hell are you on about?

It's a simple concept. The complaint I'm addressing is the intermediate content was cut - presumably to make the progression tougher and get people to spend money.

If you're ok with that, then that's fine. That's all you have to say, and I'm not going to argue your opinion on it.

But the rest of this is just confrontational nonsense. It's like you just want to talk down to someone.

snip
    See my point above with Kenn quoting someone taking issue with F2P not being able to participate with the others (in the world first race, so to say). It's you who latched onto that btw. not the other way around.
    And again... taking this
    It's like you just want to talk down to someone.
    from you is just golden. But whatever.

The complaint you are adressing is not the complaint others are adressing and trying to argue against. But you still act like they are all the time. I feel like you should get some distance between you and the community and don't automatically assume that someone who doesn't like a thing for whatever reason, is agreeing with you if you also don't like a thing for some other reason.

I'd bet a lot of money that most people who are "stuck" in t3 and complain about Argos are those, just like me by the way, the made a personal decision to sell all their unbound mats for weeks now because it was a big profit, which the whale used to get to Argos.

The difference is I know I've been sitting at 1340 for 2 weeks on my main, and my alt just hit 1300 today. I'm not complaining that I'm not 1375, because I made my choice. My 2 RL friends I play with used that mats, and they both did argos last week, and never bought gold.

So yeah, I'd bet a good chunk of money that this is the case for most people, they just cash out on the unbound mats, and now they dont live up with their choice

See my point above with Kenn quoting someone taking issue with F2P not being able to participate with the others. It's you who latched onto that btw. not the other way around.
    And again... taking this from you is just golden. But whatever.

The complaint you are adressing is not the complaint others are adressing and trying to argue against. But you still act like they are all the time.
    So I gave you an extremely simple thing to address and you still won't do it. You just want to argue with me about things that other people have said, apparently just for the sake of arguing with someone.

Well, have a nice day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    I'd bet a lot of money that most people who are "stuck" in t3 and complain about Argos are those, just like me by the way, the made a personal decision to sell all their unbound mats for weeks now because it was a big profit, which the whale used to get to Argos.

The difference is I know I've been sitting at 1340 for 2 weeks on my main, and my alt just hit 1300 today. I'm not complaining that I'm not 1375, because I made my choice. My 2 RL friends I play with used that mats, and they both did argos last week, and never bought gold.

So yeah, I'd bet a good chunk of money that this is the case for most people, they just cash out on the unbound mats, and now they dont live up with their choice
    Oh, I definitely parked and just started selling mats. Because there's really no reason not to, and there's really not much to do in T3 right now.

For now, it seems like time is better spent working on alts if I want to do something. There's no reason for me to push 1370 and I'm not interested in doing so.

So I gave you an extremely simple thing to address and you still won't do it. You just want to argue with me about things that other people have said, apparently just for the sake of arguing with someone.

Well, have a nice day.
    Are you out of your mind? I don't WANT to adress your point about the "missing content" because I NEVER ACTUALLY TOOK ANY ISSUE WITH THAT STATEMENT.
    It's about YOU assuming OTHERS are ALL ABOUT THAT, when in fact they are NOT.

Will you realize that the world isn't about you? Wtf.
    You backed people up with YOUR statement when they had a completely different issue... which for some reason *you* are now not adressing at all and avoiding like a plague.
    *Yes*, I'm trying to point out that you acted like a dick back there and I'm discussing this with you but you get all defensive about it like a drama queen.

I can't believe how much "the pot calls the kettle black" atm.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-03-17 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because that's not how the game is in other regions. Argos should not have been released til the means were in to get there reasonably.

When the hardest raid was released in Korea it was a f2p team that killed it first because if you wanted to be there you could be there, that is not our version, our version is "spend money or give your life to the game if you want to see content as it's released".
    The reason F2P were able to do it is because they're sitting on content farming for 8 months straight, nothing else. The Grand Prix event on right now has Alaric in it for a reason, it's a joke/pun to how tired people were of doing that content. That's just one example.

Also, they released Argos only and they've acknowledged their mistake. It's not like we're sitting on Vyakis or Brelshaza or Valtan while you can't participate.
    What else do you want from them to be happy?

In every other version the game at least somewhat respects your time, this is why people making videos said it was ok to play one character, you'll be slower but you'll still be able to do things. And that you don't need to spend money, only if you want to get there a little faster.

Our version is borked.
    The "play one character"-strategy has always been overwhelmingly subpar to having alts. It's the main reason why they put in the 6-character gold limit on accounts. As I mentioned before, the only thing that enables F2P and "one-toon" players to keep up is huge gaps in content. We'll get there eventually, it's a natural thing once you become up-to-speed with content. It's unreasonable to expect it before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    The reason F2P were able to do it is because they're sitting on content farming for 8 months straight, nothing else. The Grand Prix event on right now has Alaric in it for a reason, it's a joke/pun to how tired people were of doing that content. That's just one example.

Also, they released Argos only and they've acknowledged their mistake. It's not like we're sitting on Vyakis or Brelshaza or Valtan while you can't participate.
    What else do you want from them to be happy?

The "play one character"-strategy has always been overwhelmingly subpar to having alts. It's the main reason why they put in the 6-character gold limit on accounts. As I mentioned before, the only thing that enables F2P and "one-toon" players to keep up is huge gaps in content. We'll get there eventually, it's a natural thing once you become up-to-speed with content. It's unreasonable to expect it before then.
    There was huge gaps yes, but recently they actually had to slow down in korea too as they were releasing too quickly. They still have something like 5 raids planned for this year.

Not really going to beat alts to death, as that's really more of a personal preference, if you're ok with going slower on one character that's perfectly ok

How is the game doing? Is it more New World 'success' or Elden Ring?

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    Nowhere near new world, amazon doesn't get to do any development on it lol. It's good, just got a post about things next thursday that's pretty massive, and should get the roadmap soon.

It's extremely successful, at least as far as Steam numbers and such go.

As for myself, I'm pretty burnt out on just farming now. That and I haven't been impressed by any of the content thus far - and there's definitely a lack of it overall.

Still seems like a fine game, but I'm pretty much done with everything I would want to do for now.

Its on a crash course to be new New World. Basically Smilegate and Amazon team up on a western whale hunt.

Gameplay is good, mechanics are abyssmal.