Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I really WANT to like Lost Ark. The game has really staisfying combat. And the story has a good vibe, nothing fancy but still a good vibe.

I got to like ilvl 1300 and I had no idea what to do next.

That's a common theme to me in the game. What is this and what do I do next?

They have some new catch up realms released the past week where you skip to ilvl x. I tried to use it, and while it had a good recap on all I am skipping, I get thrown into a world with a literally full inventory of crap I have no idea what does, and no indication what I am supposed to do next.

"just watch a youtube video on how x system works", "just follow a google docs spreadsheet on what to do next". It's not good design IMO.

Sounds like a fun game at some point with some community events where you do some silly stuff together event, and very creative dungeons with crazy mechanics like gravity changing etc. But I don't know how to get to those points.

I guess I am asking, how do you guys understand what to do next in this game? And how do you get rid of dumb cluttered inventory space?
    I would say, if you are a casual player then don't bother with Lost Ark at all. Let me explain:

As a casual player, the biggest issue I found with Lost Ark is that it doesn't account for the casual player in terms of power progression. On one hand, you have/had (I haven't played in ages) to grind your arse off in order to get as many and as high (or more accurately, not as low) chances when rolling the dice for an upgrade. Then there was the difficulty curve: from the final dungeon, never mind raids, they had the last boss with both one-shot AND group wipe mechanics, and you needed to clear that boss repeatedly in order to chance gear drops to roll the dice to upgrade to get into raids. I never ever managed to get that boss down in a pug unless a massively overgeared player just deleted him in seconds, because any one of four players screws up then it's game over.

On top of that, by not releasing expansions like traditional MMOs, the difficulty is never reset unless they put those catch-ups every few months that shower you with gear to bypass certain stages/tiers. But guess what? You just land on an ever more difficult raid/tier and you are still SOL in terms of doing group content other than the same guardian raids and chaos dungeons for the millionth time.

On the other hand, they have absolutely nailed some of the classes and "specs", which is the only reason I spent 3-400 hours on this game. Peacemaker(?) gunslinger is probably my favourite ranged spec I have ever played in an MMO, hands down. Shame about the rest of the game.

Anyway, rant over. If you stick with it then hopefully you will have fun, if not then hopefully you will find something else to do so

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with Lost Ark is that it gets too elitist too fast and it's not players' fault, but it's how the game is made.

It seems the game director is aware of that and they are trying to relax some of it, but it will take a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The problem with Lost Ark is that it gets too elitist too fast and it's not players' fault, but it's how the game is made.

It seems the game director is aware of that and they are trying to relax some of it, but it will take a long time.
    What I ran into and what I'm hoping to see them move away from.

If I understand correctly, Pleccia will not help if I am already ilevel 1490 and don't raid.

I don't understand why this game stuck at Tier 3.
    I guess it doesn't want to upset the people who spend lots of money and reset their gear.

If you're still at 1490 and don't want to raid, honestly unless you want to make alts or just want to do the story content (like Pleccia), you are done with the game. You need the Brel gear, to go over that point. Even Voldis story you wont be able to do, as its 1520. Just do Brel normal gate 1-2, it's easy, youll get enough to craft 2 piece first week, after that it will be one piece per week, and the weapon might be 2 or 3 weeks can't remember. But yea, if you refuse to do Brel, you might as well uninstall.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    If I understand correctly, Pleccia will not help if I am already ilevel 1490 and don't raid.

I don't understand why this game stuck at Tier 3.
    I guess it doesn't want to upset the people who spend lots of money and reset their gear.
    The raids are un-fun and very casual unfriendly.
    Single mistake raid wipes. One member doing an oops will cause 14 other people to die and be very upset because "Didnt you watch the video???"

It goes from easy and fun, to over the top annoying real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Single mistake raid wipes. One member doing an oops will cause 14 other people to die and be very upset because "Didnt you watch the video???"
    There are two problems.
    1 Not many people make these videos. It is not like WoW and FF14 have a huge playerbase.
    2 Different players have to stand at different locations. It is not like "I understand" is enough.

I am at gear level 1490.
    The new chaos dungeon requires 1540.

Is there a way for me to reach 1540 without raid?

I bet the answer is no.
    It is a really strange game.

I am at gear level 1490.

I bet the answer is no.
    It is not. That is standard over monetized waifu simulator trap.

At this point I'm just waiting for them to add a male caster to the game and at that point I'll be inclined to give Lost Ark another look.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    At this point I'm just waiting for them to add a male caster to the game and at that point I'll be inclined to give Lost Ark another look.
    You are very much barking up the wrong tree. This game was not made for you.

I am at gear level 1490.

I bet the answer is no.
    Although my wait is finally over, the game is dead.
    All servers are merged into one, and barely anyone here cares.

Not really, the game has the same number of players for the past year with some fluctuation with release of new content/class and downtime period. Its just the normal evolution to merge the servers, should have been done sooner actually. The fact that no one cares here doesn't mean shit.

I finished Road of Lament.
    I think it dropped a select any card item.
    2 people bid each other for 24000 gold. I got 8000 gold.
    Is this normal? Where do they get that many gold?

24k gold is nothing, selector were selling for more than that a year ago. Hard Akkan gives 10k gold, normal Akkan gives 7500; Hard Voldis gives 14500 gold, normal give 9000. Yes, its more than normal, you make more than that per week on a single gold earner now.

The Road to Breaker starts at 1580.
    The Mokoko Express doesn't give gold.
    How do I get 1560 to 1580?

Even with the event, the honing success rate is only 10%. That is crazy.
    I guess that I have to wait for the next event.

I finished Road of Lament.
    I think it dropped a select any card item.
    2 people bid each other for 24000 gold. I got 8000 gold.
    Is this normal? Where do they get that many gold?

24000/3 = 8000, everyone gets an equal share - the person who bid as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, remember that "finally a game that respects your time"? I remember.

Such a shame.

Such a shame.
    It is getting worse.
    I remember the first express event, the honing success rate is 50%+. Even 30% is acceptable.
    Now it is +3%. Even with the material, I hit pity time every time.

The event is useless, because you hit pity time anyway.

Such a shame.
    Was that ever the case in LA? I only played for a few months and didn't get too much into discussions about the game, but as far as I remember it was seen as a standard Korean grindfest at the end-content from the very beginning. Players were even promoting farming with additional chars just to funnel to your main. But, I'm not getting any younger, so my memory is not what it used to be.