10+ Year Old Account

can we switch between old expansions while level leveling?

this is obviously about those of us who already have max characters, can we jump around between expansions? like can I level one character in both MoP and WoD content?

and on a unrelated except for it being about shadowlands note, is it 100% confirmed that artifacts can now be used cross-spec? I asked in the news post about it but didn't get a response.

thanks for any and all help!

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    and on a unrelated except for it being about shadowlands note, is it 100% confirmed that artifacts can now be used cross-spec? I asked in the news post about it but didn't get a response.

transmog yes, not actually equip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

this is obviously about those of us who already have max characters, can we jump around between expansions? like can I level one character in both MoP and WoD content?

My understanding is that it is not ALL unlocked for ALL - i could be wrong, but i really dont think there will be BM hunters running around with bows. I think normal weapon transmog restrictions apply, if that makes sense. As to your first question, im not really sure what you are asking, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    My understanding is that it is not ALL unlocked for ALL - i could be wrong, but i really dont think there will be BM hunters running around with bows. I think normal weapon transmog restrictions apply, if that makes sense. As to your first question, im not really sure what you are asking, tbh.
    There was a post literally yesterday confirming that all Legion artifacts are going class-wide, so yes, you can use the MM bow as a BM as BM can still use bows normally (thus the transmogrification rules have nothing to do with this). Should probably double check before spreading misinformation.

- - - Updated - - -

As to your first question, which isn't really so hard to comprehend (refering to the other user I quoted) - yes, you can mix and match different expansions to your heart's content. You can do the Warchief shuffle if you want, as they jokingly confirmed during BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    There was a post literally yesterday confirming that all Legion artifacts are going class-wide, so yes, you can use the MM bow as a BM as BM can still use bows normally (thus the transmogrification rules have nothing to do with this). Should probably double check before spreading misinformation.
    Blizzard
    With this week’s update to the Shadowlands Beta, players will have new options and availability for transmogrification of their Legion Artifacts.

Now, Legion Artifact appearances for all specs of your class are now available in their respective weapon categories. For example, Doomhammer will be found in “One-handed maces”.

The new Artifact appearances obey the usual transmogrification rules
    . For example, you can use the Ashbringer appearance on your two-handed mace, but not on a one-hand shield. Main-hand and off-hand Artifact appearances are granted independently in these tabs, so you can use Oathseeker appearances independently from Truthguard ones.

Now, a long as you possess the required proficiencies, there are no restrictions on duplicate appearances, and there are no restrictions on which hand they can be used in. For example, you can dual-wield Doomhammers or even Fury of the Stonemothers.

The existing transmogrification system for Legion Artifacts is entirely retained – the “Artifact Pair” tab still contains your spec-specific appearances, and you can still use the special rules allowing you to apply them over most other weapon types and combinations.

We look forward to hearing what you think of it after you’ve tried it out!

So BM was a poor example, however, everything i said about normal Xmog rules applying is absolutely correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    transmog yes, not actually equip.
    goes to show that I've not been very active as of late, I definitely meant transmogrify but that clearly skipped my mind.

- - - Updated - - -

As to your first question, which isn't really so hard to comprehend (refering to the other user I quoted) - yes, you can mix and match different expansions to your heart's content. You can do the Warchief shuffle if you want, as they jokingly confirmed during BlizzCon.
    thank you. crazy that the info has been available since blizzcon as I've seen others in conversation here unsure as well. I guess I could have asked outright before.

now if only blizz made flying / pathfinder wholly available at the start I would be 100% looking forward to shadowlands. but as these were two of my three biggest concerns / interests 66% will have to do.

Blizzard
    With this week’s update to the Shadowlands Beta, players will have new options and availability for transmogrification of their Legion Artifacts.

Now, Legion Artifact appearances for all specs of your class are now available in their respective weapon categories. For example, Doomhammer will be found in “One-handed maces”.

The new Artifact appearances obey the usual transmogrification rules
    . For example, you can use the Ashbringer appearance on your two-handed mace, but not on a one-hand shield. Main-hand and off-hand Artifact appearances are granted independently in these tabs, so you can use Oathseeker appearances independently from Truthguard ones.

Now, a long as you possess the required proficiencies, there are no restrictions on duplicate appearances, and there are no restrictions on which hand they can be used in. For example, you can dual-wield Doomhammers or even Fury of the Stonemothers.

The existing transmogrification system for Legion Artifacts is entirely retained – the “Artifact Pair” tab still contains your spec-specific appearances, and you can still use the special rules allowing you to apply them over most other weapon types and combinations.

We look forward to hearing what you think of it after you’ve tried it out!

So BM was a poor example, however, everything i said about normal Xmog rules applying is absolutely correct.
    Yes, I know the usual transmog rules apply, but that has nothing to do with the OP's question and your example was all the more inadequate.
    The OP's question was if you can use artifacts cross-spec now. And the answer is yes. Simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, we can bounce around as we want. Blizz confirmed that a while back.

And yes, artifact appearances are 100% confirmed as cross-spec. Here's my Fury warrior using 2x arms artifact appearances:

- - - Updated - - -

"So I was wrong, but I found a way to make myself feel like I was right."

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I know the usual transmog rules apply, but that has nothing to do with the OP's question and your example was all the more inadequate.
    The OP's question was if you can use artifacts cross-spec now. And the answer is yes. Simple as that.
    Well said.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

No, the answer is SOMETIMES, however, as i said, standard transmog rules apply. So in some situations, the answer is still no, you cannot. I realise you are just trying to be a clever little chap, but you are just coming across as a pretentious little brat. This isnt a competition, just give your answer and move on.

Trying to claim that the fact standard transmog rules are not relevant is just plain disingenuous. There are multiple situations where although the restriction is removed, cross spec transmog is still completely off the table. You need to take a step back from the keyboard and relax - forums are not a competitive sport.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

"So I was wrong, but I found a way to make myself feel like I was right."
    Look at you go - so cute. I openly admitted i was wrong about BM - i even linked the quote from Blizzard to help shed more light on the situation - something you competitive forum users didnt bother doing. If you take out the BM example, which i said i was wrong about and was a poor example to use, everything i said was 100% accurate.

What i absolutely LOVE about both of you, is that my comment literally stated that i wasnt completely sure, and could be wrong. But you complete lack of social and communication skills couldnt compute what was being said. Since you clearly didnt read it the first time, let me quote it again:

"My understanding is that it is not ALL unlocked for ALL - i could be wrong,"
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-08-29 at 05:20 AM.

No, the answer is SOMETIMES, however, as i said, standard transmog rules apply. So in some situations, the answer is still no, you cannot. I realise you are just trying to be a clever little chap, but you are just coming across as a pretentious little brat. This isnt a competition, just give your answer and move on.

Trying to claim that the fact standard transmog rules are not relevant is just plain disingenuous. There are multiple situations where although the restriction is removed, cross spec transmog is still completely off the table. You need to take a step back from the keyboard and relax - forums are not a competitive sport.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at you go - so cute. I openly admitted i was wrong about BM - i even linked the quote from Blizzard to help shed more light on the situation - something you competitive forum users didnt bother doing. If you take out the BM example, which i said i was wrong about and was a poor example to use, everything i said was 100% accurate.

What i absolutely LOVE about both of you, is that my comment literally stated that i wasnt completely sure, and could be wrong. But you complete lack of social and communication skills couldnt compute what was being said. Since you clearly didnt read it the first time, let me quote it again:

"My understanding is that it is not ALL unlocked for ALL - i could be wrong,"
    If you are a protection Warrior, you normally wield a 1H weapon (say a mace) and a shield. Can you transmog your 1H mace and Shield to the Arms 2H artifact sword? No.
    BUT can you transmog the Arms 2H artifact sword? Yes. You can equip a 2H weapon (sword/mace/axe/spear/staff) and transmog it to the Arms 2H artifact sword.

So yes, in that sense, the transmogrification rules apply. But that is so obvious, that even the OP who hasn't played since WoD did not bother to ask it. They only asked if artifacts are cross-spec now. While it would have been helpful if you had said "Yes, but the usual transmog rules still apply", the "No, since the usual rules still apply" was misinformative and unnecessary. The only person who needs time off the keyboard here is you.