To the returning or new Protection Warriors because of SL, stop using Whirlwind.

I cant be bothered to see another poor soul pressing it or returning friends asking me if you are supposed to use it.

Dont even put it on your bars.

Thanks.

But its so fun to press
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I will not follow your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    But its so fun to press
    Funny enough my friend had the same argument about the animation of both.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya its worthless

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I cant be bothered to see another poor soul pressing it or returning friends asking me if you are supposed to use it.

Dont even put it on your bars.

Thanks.
    dont fucking backseat game, asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Funny enough my friend had the same argument about the animation of both.
    It honestly makes me sad how gutted the ability is across the board. Even the DPS specs aren't using it for its own sake, its just because of other things like fury using it to make your other abilities aoe.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Whirlwind used to be so satisfying to press, now it's pathetic regardless of the spec you play. I don't really understand why they added back useless spells to these specs, I get the idea is for flavour and "class" (not spec) identity, but they aren't flavour spells to begin with.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Whirlwind used to be so satisfying to press, now it's pathetic regardless of the spec you play. I don't really understand why they added back useless spells to these specs, I get the idea is for flavour and "class" (not spec) identity, but they aren't flavour spells to begin with.
    I used it at low levels, but have since shelved it.

I don't know if this is wrong think or not, but here's what I discovered after leveling a prot warrior last week.

Devastator to turn auto-attacks into a proc chance.
    Shield bash procs constantly, revenge procs constantly, and thunderclap whenever either of those two are somehow not procced.

Because of the AOE cap, there's not much reason to be hitting more than 5 targets anyway, and Revenge covers that and does more damage than Thunderclap anyway, as well as sometimes spending rage(which also heals with the talent based on rage spent).

The only reason I can actually think of to use whirlwind is because it's a true AOE. It hits 360 degrees, while revenge only hits up to 5 targets in front of you. So I guess if you're lazy and let enemies get behind you constantly...maybe?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-11-11 at 01:55 AM.

There is a time period while leveling as prot where WW is your only aoe spell (it is like levels 10-12). Since you don't get revenge until level 12 (where it replaces slam), and thunder clap is a few levels after.

But yeah, once you get revenge, stop using WW.

Honestly though, it feels weird how revenge replaces slam (a single target ability) and not WW (an aoe one).

Not even on my action bar. Such a waste. Sigh.