Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    What expectation was that asking for relative balance between covenants? Yeah totally absurd I mean look at how you talk to people you don't know. I also had the absurd expectation that I can hold a civilized conversation without insults flying. Absurd.
    Your expectation that all options will be balanced at the top end. They can't be. They never will be. It's not going to happen in any game ever. Competing at the top end means min maxing. That's the game fundamentally. It is unavoidable. Expecting differently is like expecting money to fall out of the sky.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Not sure what feelgood happytime game some of the people here are playing but in the WoW I play, covenant choice WILL (and already HAS) get people passed over for groups. WTF dreamworld are you living in "It's only a slight difference you can choose what you like".. the fuck outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by kucerakov View Post
    Not sure what feelgood happytime game some of the people here are playing but in the WoW I play, covenant choice WILL (and already HAS) get people passed over for groups. WTF dreamworld are you living in "It's only a slight difference you can choose what you like".. the fuck outta here.
    So does class, spec, gear, talents, etc.. This isn't new. The question isn't "Will you ever get passed over?" That's a silly question. Everyone gets passed over at some point for some reason. The question is "Will you be excluded from the content?" and the answer is no.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It's not just one active. If it were, I'd probably agree with you. Covenant choice is 2 actives and a set of 3 soulbinds, all providing unique bonuses, plus conduits which modify the unique active in different ways. These things in isolation might be fine, but added together there's a real chance of a significant difference between covenants.
    Well sure, if we're expanding past the single active ability, then there's likely even less of a chance that there is a "BiS" that is leaps and bounds better than other covenants.

I don't see the reason for your aggressive tone but whatever.
    That's because you think you have a sound argument. To me, you just keep repeating the same fallacy, which is tiresome.

I won't reply to the rest because @Hitei already more than covered it.

Day in day out people come and tell us that the disparity between covenant skills exceeds 20-30% and thats the main complaint. NOONE will choose better mogs vs a 30% increased dps/healing on a skill.
    I'll believe it when I see it in game. This sounds like total hogwash at best, immediate nerf bat target at worst.

Ever heard of R.io? Have you got any idea whats going to happen once players have access to data about what covenant is "bis"? This is not about you or me being wrong you are too personal about it. This is about whether I have a choice but to play as expected by others.
    That's what guilds are for.

I love subtlety. You think I have a choice to play it as a pvp player at 2400+? Absolutely no choice whatsoever. You play the bis spec or you get replaced/blacklisted/isolated until you delete.
    Then your choice is play sub or play something else because you want to be 2400+ more than playing sub. It's a choice.

Your problem is you want one decision to not affect any other decision and you keep ignoring this point. Unfortunately, reality doesn't just disappear that easily.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broombot View Post
    I want to play Kyrian and my wife is interested in playing Night Fae, aside from the campaigns for each covenant, how restricted is our game play together going to be? I know we can run dungeons and raids together, but how will this effect world quests and other general free play?
    You will have separated:
    -Campaigns
    -Fast Travel points in the locations of your covenants
    -Covenant Specific WQ that will be opened up by upgrading the Renown
    -All Covenants-specific stuff (Sanctum stuff).

There is actually quite a lot of stuff that will devaluate the presence of teammate from another Covenant.
    Like be prepared that if you decide to help your wife with her Covenant specific WQ, you will get nothing out of it and vice versa.
    Be prepared to walk around your Covenants locations via mounts because your Covenants transport system wont be available for you wife, and her Covenants transport system wont be available for you.
    And Campaigns, obviously, are single experience.

You can do regular WQ together, do dungeon, raids, pvp, torghast, maw.

See what you do? You start your phrases with "your problem is" ASSUMING that I have any sort of problem.

There is no "decision" when you re on the high end. Decisions are for the weekenders and the casuals. At the high end there is the right path and the wrong path. If they make similar to equal paths we can discuss again. Thanks for the chat.
    There never will be equal to similar paths at the top end. There will always be the best. There will always be tiers of capability. Playing that system and manipulating it IS the top end. That's what being at the top end means. This is the equivalent of saying "I want to be a professional boxer, but I don't want to manipulate my weight to ensure maximum performance in the best weight division for me." Well, ok, then you aren't going to be a professional boxer, because maximizing gains without leaving your optimal weight division is a fundamental part of professional boxing.

The top end ONLY EXISTS because some players are willing to go that extra mile and some are not. That's what makes the top end the top end.
    -ynnady

Ever heard of R.io? Have you got any idea whats going to happen once players have access to data about what covenant is "bis"?
    Based on what we saw in BfA? A whole lot of nothing. R.io score matters, Covenant choice is irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Closing this thread as essentially "asked and answered." It's devolving into more of a squabble about Covenants in general, which we already have a few threads about.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead