Is my desktop good for Shadowlands?

Was taking a break and just starting to get back into understanding Shadowlands. Any inputs / help appreciated.

In WoW (only game I play); I am looking to get 60+fps (1080p) on graphics setting of high / +. I would be raiding and M+, world content. PvP very minimal.

Current desktop specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tJDDp8

Please do yourself a favour and at least get a 120hz monitor. You might also get stuttering with only 8GB's of RAM

Raedy yes...kinda.

I mean you can play it but it will not be pretty

Edit: Its not that bad but be ready to turn down some features. Also prepare to raid with 30fps.
    Last edited by Exkrementor; 2020-09-15 at 07:47 PM.

1080p 60 fps should be doable. If you dont have any other program i would say it should deliver .8gb RAM is the recommended dont listen to the other guy, 16gb is nice to have but with only wow open 8gb should be more than enough (possibly can handle discord open too).
    GPU and CPU are on the lower end though , so you will have to play on lowest settings

hmm Thanks! I was hoping just by upgrading the RAM things might work out! ohh well.. I can't afford to pay $4-500 for the cpu and gpu atm so will likely have to take the hit.

No, thats not a good build. I used the same site you did, and this is what i would recommend for low entry 1080p gaming.
    Now ofc, we could add more, do different setups. But if i understood your goal, not too much for 1080p gaming, and not to low budget.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4gVhn7

| Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Sorraxe View Post
    No, thats not a good build. I used the same site you did, and this is what i would recommend for low entry 1080p gaming.
    Now ofc, we could add more, do different setups. But if i understood your goal, not too much for 1080p gaming, and not to low budget.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4gVhn7

From my understanding he is just showing us his build, not the build he wants to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    From my understanding he is just showing us his build, not the build he wants to buy.
    correct. Sorry if I didn't mention that explicitly.

I built this desktop about 4-5 yrs back (having had to change the cpu cooler and the psu 2 yrs back). Looking to continue to use this for another yr or two unless something crashes / breaks
    Last edited by palthis; 2020-09-15 at 08:34 PM.

Honestly everything is like 10 years you really need to upgrade how can you even enjoy gaming like that

Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    correct. Sorry if I didn't mention that explicitly.

Oh, then iam sorry. Then i hope you can manage to build your self a new setup to enjoy Shadowlands.
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Honestly everything is like 10 years you really need to upgrade how can you even enjoy gaming like that
    I have a couple rigs, one with way less specs than those (except the rig has 16GB ram)... and the beta runs fine at the OP's specified resolution and FPS. While the minimum specs for WoW are going up with SL, the hardware requirements for an enjoyable experience are extremely low compared to what many AAA games are asking of you.

OP's rig will run SL just fine. Can't guarantee you'll be at solid 60 fps in all scenarios with your requirements, but you'll probably be fine.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Just upgrade ram dude and you can then save up for a new build instead. Upgrading your current build will only take you so far without having to replace everything anyways.
    You could be smart about it though, things like power supply, if you buy a gold rated one for example that will last like 10 years easily. So think about stuff like that when you're doing your build.

I bought an 1000W power supply a couple of years ago wich was fully modular. So I dont have to worry about my PSU when I'm going to buy a new build later on this year.
    I'm currently running 2 cards in SLI with an over clocked system otherwise 1000W would be very overkill. You should be able to do fine on 750W.

Why.. Is... A 60Hz... 1080p...... 24".............. TN PANEL.............................monitor.. at $200 on Amazon????

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    Why.. Is... A 60Hz... 1080p...... 24".............. TN PANEL.............................monitor.. at $200 on Amazon????
    well 5 yrs back I paid $110

7+ Year Old Account
    try this - http://www.pickgamer.com/games/world...s/requirements

think it is accurate enough.

DDR4 are quite cheap in Europe / UK right now. Hope it is the same at your place.
    CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB
    HDD: Crucial MX500 500GB + 1TB WD Blue lCooling: Corsair H110i
    PSU: Corsair RM 1000 80+ Gold l Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro White
    MB: ROG Strix B-350 F Gaming | RAM: Dominator 32GB @ 3000MHz