Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    it wasnt supposed to be a Warhammer game - they had discussions about it but in the end choose not to file for a license because they wanted to controll their own product.
    In other words, it was supposed to be a Warhammer game. They just didn't go through with it.

I like how you act like i spout opinions as facts when its LITERALLY the other way around.
    Prove it, then.

There is no getting around that jrr is the progenitor of the elves and orcs as we know them.
    Prove it, then.

You not liking that doesnt make it an opinion.
    It's not about "liking" it or not. It's about you making a statement of fact with zero evidence to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    In other words, it was supposed to be a Warhammer game. They just didn't go through with it.

Prove it, then.

Prove it, then.

It's not about "liking" it or not. It's about you making a statement of fact with zero evidence to show for it.
    No it wasnt supposed to be a warhammer game. If it was they would have filed for the license. They where in the process of fleshing out the game, throwing oround probably a lot of different ideas and in the end they chose to hold on to their own IP. They never acted on the notion that it would be a warhammer game so it wasnt "supposed" to be one.

Prove it, then.
    Just did

Prove it, then.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elf

As i said earlier, tolkien build upon pre existing folklore and the elves as we know them today from games and pop fiction is the elves that tolkien created.
    Basically beautiful humanoids as opposed to fey like small flying creatures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orc

Tolkien took the name ork from the beowulf fictional novel and turned it into what we know today.

"olkien's concept of orcs has been adapted and imported into the fantasy fiction of other authors, and into role-playing and strategy games such as Dungeons & Dragons, Warhammer, and Warcraft."

ez
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Do you even know how to read? Before you write, read properly.
    No, I don't. Please explain why you think so.

No it wasnt supposed to be a warhammer game.
    "[Blizzard co-founder] Allen Adham hoped to obtain a license to the Warhammer universe to try to increase sales by brand recognition", Wyatt says. "Warhammer was a huge inspiration for the art-style of Warcraft, but a combination of factors, including a lack of traction on business terms and a fervent desire on the part of virtually everyone else on the development team (myself included) to control our own universe nixed any potential for a deal. We had already had terrible experiences working with DC Comics on "Death and Return of Superman" and "Justice League Task Force", and wanted no similar issues for our new game."

So, yeah. Warcraft was supposed to be a Warhammer game. The fact that they decided otherwise in the end does not change that fact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elf

As i said earlier, tolkien build upon pre existing folklore and the elves as we know them today from games and pop fiction is the elves that tolkien created.
    Basically beautiful humanoids as opposed to fey like small flying creatures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orc

Tolkien took the name ork from the beowulf fictional novel and turned it into what we know today.

"olkien's concept of orcs has been adapted and imported into the fantasy fiction of other authors, and into role-playing and strategy games such as Dungeons & Dragons, Warhammer, and Warcraft."

ez
    Funny how those lines about Tolkien, especially the one you quoted, completely lack citations, making them highly likely to be the opinion of the one who wrote the Wikipedia articles.

I have absolutely no incentive to spoon feed you information everyone knows just because you are deteermined to be obtuse.

I've done the minimum effort required. This is common knowledge.

The other side is one giant Old God eyeball. We were screwed from the beginning!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkimpact View Post
    The other side is one giant Old God eyeball. We were screwed from the beginning!
    I mean a Old God infested continent wouldn't be too bad.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I have absolutely no incentive to spoon feed you information everyone knows just because you are deteermined to be obtuse.
    Information that does not exist aside from your opinion, and the opinion of someone who wrote the wikipedia articles.

I've done the minimum effort required. This is common knowledge.
    And that's your problem: you did the minimum effort. You didn't even bother to check your sources.

Information that does not exist aside from your opinion, and the opinion of someone who wrote the wikipedia articles.

And that's your problem: you did the minimum effort. You didn't even bother to check your sources.
    I think you will find that you are the only one horribly unionformed on this subject. As i said, its common knowledge. I'm not going to spend more then the minimum amount of time teaching you. You seem to be resistent to learning

I think you will find that you are the only one horribly unionformed on this subject. As i said, its common knowledge.
    Just like it was once "common knowledge" that the sun revolved around the Earth? That witched existed and should be burned at the stake? That epilepsy was the result of demon possession?

I'm not going to spend more then the minimum amount of time teaching you. You seem to be resistent to learning
    In other words, you don't want to do your job properly because it's too much work, and are mad that I'm not taking your opinion for it.

Just like it was once "common knowledge" that the sun revolved around the Earth? That witched existed and should be burned at the stake? That epilepsy was the result of demon possession?

In other words, you don't want to do your job properly because it's too much work, and are mad that I'm not taking your opinion for it.
    Teaching you is not my job. You arent paying me, and even if you did, you couldnt afford me.

Being resistant to facts isnt the same as thinking for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    With all the magic and whatnot at our disposal it is a bit stupid that we keep "discovering" new areas. That said...it would be interesting if some geographics nerd worked out how big Azeroth is based on our travelling times in game. (like..if it takes me 10 minutes to fly from Isle of QD to Booty Bay - then my mount is either going at super sonic speed or Azeroth is indeed tiny - considering that it takes a plane in RL to go from Munich to Hamburg 1 hour or from Frankfurt to Seoul 8 hours)

So the world does seem small and should offer loads of unexplored places.
    They just scale everything down because no one wants to fly more than two days to get from one zone to another one. Same reason why Orgrimmar and Stormwind are so tiny.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny how those lines about Tolkien, especially the one you quoted, completely lack citations, making them highly likely to be the opinion of the one who wrote the Wikipedia articles.
    Come on man, everyone knows Tolkien created "modern" fantasy elves.

Teaching you is not my job. You arent paying me, and even if you did, you couldnt afford me.
    Ah, so adhominem, implying I'm poor. Either that, or you're posing yourself as super-arrogant, thinking only kings could "afford you".

Being resistant to facts isnt the same as thinking for yourself
    Facts... of which you failed to provide even a single one. To say "it's inspired in Tolkien" just because it's medieval fantasy is just naive, and rather fanboy-ish. It's fine if you like Tolkien. I do too. But I don't go around saying everything fantasy comes from Tolkien.

Ah, so adhominem, implying I'm poor. Either that, or you're posing yourself as super-arrogant, thinking only kings could "afford you".

Facts... of which you failed to provide even a single one. To say "it's inspired in Tolkien" just because it's medieval fantasy is just naive, and rather fanboy-ish. It's fine if you like Tolkien. I do too. But I don't go around saying everything fantasy comes from Tolkien.
    No i'm saying YOU couldnt afford me, because i'd see no reason to work for you.

And the point you didnt adress still stands. I have no obligation nor desire to teach you anything. Especially when you are just being obtuse.

I dont have to provide any more proof then i already did. Just like i wouldnt have to provide proof that 1+1=2. Its common knowledge. Just like everyone else is telling you.

Its common knowledge.
    "Common knowledge" does not equal "truth". There has been a number of things that are or were "common knowledge" and therefore held as true, and yet, unsurprisingly, were not true. "Egg is bad for you". "Shaving hair makes it grow thicker". "We only use 10% of our brain". "Herbal medicine is better than regular medicine". Etc, etc...

"Common knowledge" does not equal "truth". There has been a number of things that are or were "common knowledge" and therefore held as true, and yet, unsurprisingly, were not true. "Egg is bad for you". "Shaving hair makes it grow thicker". "We only use 10% of our brain". "Herbal medicine is better than regular medicine". Etc, etc...
    There are plenty of evidence out there and i encourage you to go find it. But saying its not true based on not accepting the given arguments and it being common knowledge, while having 0 arguments against it and refusing to look up the evidence yourself doesnt exactly speak well for your case.

I wish you good luck with the flat earth theory aswell mate

There are plenty of evidence out there
    Again: there was also "plenty of evidence" even to the examples I mentioned.

I wish you good luck with the flat earth theory aswell mate
    Sorry, but I'm not the one who takes "common knowledge" as gospel, here.

Again: there was also "plenty of evidence" even to the examples I mentioned.

Sorry, but I'm not the one who takes "common knowledge" as gospel, here.
    Difference is this isnt tied down to science. Its a static bool unlike science that make new discoveries. This is not an example of "well you know Tolkien invented elves as we know it but maybe tolkien was actually a deer".

You are using faulty analogies and at this point its getting close to personal incredulity

Difference is this isnt tied down to science. Its a static bool unlike science that make new discoveries. This is not an example of "well you know Tolkien invented elves as we know it but maybe tolkien was actually a deer".

You are using faulty analogies and at this point its getting close to personal incredulity
    It's rather amusing that you accuse me of faulty analogies.

It's rather amusing that you accuse me of faulty analogies.
    1. Please address the rest of the post.
    2. I'd love to see you argue how thats a faulty analogy. Its clearly a joke.