Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    She better be a fucking savage if she's being lined up as the next Forsaken leader. A Forsaken racial is Cannibalize. Not a Cannibal? Not our Queen.
    Get a load of this guy.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    snip
    Well then there is also Kyrin
    You look... delicious.
    Come closer friend.
    Have you brought fresh corpses, hmm?
    Mmm, I hunger.

I'll offer what aid I can, <name>. Just promise you'll make lots of delicious Kor'kron corpses on your way to Garrosh.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shademaster_Kiryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursoc18 View Post
    It's not about it being fantastical or unbelievable, it's about the idea of "lightforged" undead being retarded and being something they pulled out of their asses in order to get to a point where they could establish Calia as the new leader of the Forsaken.
    Everything is essentially pulled out of their asses, though; it's a bit of a meaningless distinction. You could say "I just don't like Calia and she's not a thematic fit for the Forsaken," and that would be subjectively true, at least - although the theme of the Forsaken is something that's organically changed as WoW has gone on, for better or worse.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The entire point of Calia is to make the Forsaken less of a group of evil psychopaths that should have been exterminated years ago. Which is exactly why people hate her so much, so making her a cannibal is quite contrary to that idea...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    The entire point of Calia is to make the Forsaken less of a group of evil psychopaths that should have been exterminated years ago. Which is exactly why people hate her so much, so making her a cannibal is quite contrary to that idea...
    *yawn* who would even want such a boring thing?

In short: No.

Forsaken can cannibalize, but even they find it over all revolting if they have even a shred of humanity left. Of course, most choose to play that kind that is as monstrous as possible, but that is not how the whole race is. For some it's even the only way to not decay beyond recovery as that is the eventual fate of all Forsaken (as per the story where Blightcaller got his new body).

But Calia is not made the same way. I don't think she will ever decay unless the source of her existence, the light, gets snuffed out. She really has no need for cannibalism.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    you know what EVERY forsaken player in game, has as race ability ?

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=20577/cannibalize

Especially have a look at the tooltip part, that starts with „Only works on ...“

The best thing: They can do it EVERY 2 minutes !!!
    Ah yes, players are NPCs now.

What players can (Or can't) do usually isn't indicative of what the race does as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Ah yes, players are NPCs now.

What players can (Or can't) do usually isn't indicative of what the race does as a whole.
    ok... !?!

if i understand you right, you say a played character by real players aka THAT forsaken, has nothing in common with OTHER non player forsakens ? ok. why ? i dont get why a player character have canabalize, but ofc NPCs of that same race NEVER would canabalize anything. if i get that right.

sounds... logical. /sarcasm off

dont know what to say here anymore. good night.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-09-13 at 01:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ok... !?!

if i understand you right, you say a played character by real players aka THAT forsaken, has nothing in common with OTHER non player forsakens ? ok. why ? i dont get why a player character have canabalize, but ofc NPCs of that same race NEVER would canabalize anything. if i get that right.

sounds... logical. /sarcasm off

dont know what to say here anymore. good night.
    Having the ability to do something doesn't mean every individual does it?

We've never seen an NPC do it is my point. My point is just because they can do it doesn't mean they all do it, and having never seen them do it backs that up to an extent.

By your logic you must be a cannibal because humans have the potential to be cannibals.

7+ Year Old Account
    10/10 would get eaten by sexy undead mommy again.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    She better be a fucking savage if she's being lined up as the next Forsaken leader. A Forsaken racial is Cannibalize. Not a Cannibal? Not our Queen.
    Because we saw Sylvanas doing that all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    So with calia being pushed onto forsaken more and more, and her making claims how much she learned and how she understands forsaken more and more and how she is totally one of them i started wondering - what is her stance on traditional forsaken cuisine? How would she react if she was served fresh free-range paladin for dinner? Would she prefer them raw or cooked? Or would she go on the rant how she knows better and forsaken should abandon their culinary identity?
    euuuhh you do know she is between live and death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    euuuhh you do know she is between live and death.
    And how does that relate to eating delicious human meat?

euuuuhhh undead eat human meat. She is not 100% undead. So you ask why a person does not do what species X does. While that person is not completly species X.

10+ Year Old Account

That she most likely, 99.9% probability, would not eat human flesh.

Understanding the lore of her character up to this point would illustrate this as such.

I still haven’t gotten an answer, but how are The Forsaken going to keep going? With Sylvanas gone and her Val’kyr with her then there is no one to raise new Forsaken. Is Calia just going to be able to do this now with no outside influence, or is a Naaru just going to go against the light and raise current Forsaken as an abomination? Or do they just die out?

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I still haven’t gotten an answer, but how are The Forsaken going to keep going? With Sylvanas gone and her Val’kyr with her then there is no one to raise new Forsaken. Is Calia just going to be able to do this now with no outside influence, or is a Naaru just going to go against the light and raise current Forsaken as an abomination? Or do they just die out?
    Forsaken don't die from old age, they're essentially immortal, unless you put a lot of effort you can't kill them easily... So it's not like they'll be dying out anytime soon. This forced issue of Forsaken worrying about "reproducing" like they're some living species with culture and traditions should be dead and forgotten. The dumbest fucking idea that Blizzard came up with and I hate them for it.
    Last edited by bagina; 2020-09-14 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Forsaken don't die from old age, they're essentially immortal, unless you put a lot of effort you can't kill them easily... So it's not like they'll be dying out anytime soon. This forced issue of Forsaken worrying about "reproducing" like they're some living species with culture and traditions should be dead and forgotten. The dumbest fucking idea that Blizzard came up with and I hate them for it.
    Except as Sylvanas put it they have no way to reproduce and keep their numbers up. Now, with Sylvanas gone, any Forsaken that is killed from whatever can not be replaced. Therefore, they are a dying race. They also die in war, whether with the Gilneans, the Alliance as a whole, any random ambush, or fighting the next big bad, such as Shadowlands enemies.
    Just because something doesn’t age and die from that doesn’t mean that it is never at risk of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Except as Sylvanas put it they have no way to reproduce and keep their numbers up. Now, with Sylvanas gone, any Forsaken that is killed from whatever can not be replaced. Therefore, they are a dying race. They also die in war, whether with the Gilneans, the Alliance as a whole, any random ambush, or fighting the next big bad, such as Shadowlands enemies.
    Just because something doesn’t age and die from that doesn’t mean that it is never at risk of death.
    It makes absolutely no sense for Forsaken to want more undead. Forsaken are not actually a race. They're called a "race" purely for gameplay reasons. They've been a thing for barely 15 years ffs. That's not even a one generation. We don't need a retarded lore justification for gameplay mechanics. They're a band of misfits, a found family. Especially now, when Blizzard are pushing this narrative of Forsaken reconciling with their families and humanity in general. They can't be pushing that and simultaneously paint Forsaken as a separate entity. They never stopped being humans/elves/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    It makes absolutely no sense for Forsaken to want more undead. Forsaken are not actually a race. They're called a "race" purely for gameplay reasons. They've been a thing for barely 15 years ffs. That's not even a one generation. We don't need a retarded lore justification for gameplay mechanics. They're a band of misfits, a found family. Especially now, when Blizzard are pushing this narrative of Forsaken reconciling with their families and humanity in general. They can't be pushing that and simultaneously paint Forsaken as a separate entity. They never stopped being humans/elves/etc.
    Been saying this for a couple months, coupled with the fact they're an unnatural abomination that technically only exists for gameplay reasons. Their story practically ended when Arthas died, but obviously they have to keep existing in-game due to player characters. However, they should have never been the continued focus in lore, and should have been ignored or pushed aside lore-wise like Pandaren were, but nerds like their zombies/Undead, so that was never realistic even though it would have been the most logical step for the story to maintain the integrity of the Forsaken story.