15+ Year Old Account

Assassination stat priority?

OK so I'm totally lost here. I usually use the ClassSpecStats addon to quickly see what stats are needed for any particular class for any particular spec of the class because its more convenient than tabbing out and looking it up on icy-veins or other websites. I should note that ClassSpecsStats pulls their data from the icy-veins website for their addon and was just updated on 10/14/2020. What I'm confused about is icy-veins shows that for raiding its vers > crit > haste > mastery for secondaries (doesn't show where agility fits in like other classes show where their primary stat fits in stat priorities) for raiding and crit > vers > mastery > haste for mythic+. The icy-veins changelog shows updated 10/12/2020. WHy I'm so confused is even the icy-veins gem & enchant section for assassination shows 1 of each agi gem and then the rest vers gems with vers ring enchants. Can anyone set me straight on what stats an assassination rogue should be using?

sim your own stat weights

if you dont want to do that, go Haste>crit
    Last edited by valky94; 2020-11-04 at 10:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    sim your own stat weights

if you dont want to do that, go Haste>crit
    I'm basically working with 2 different rogues. One is leveling up and the other will be a fresh 50 tomorrow which means I'll be buying/making gear for him and want to know what stats I should be looking for on each. The ClassSpecStats addon actually has agi as the LAST of the stats for an assassination rogue for raids or mythic+ set ups. It goes haste > crit=mastery > vers > agi for raiding and crit 45-50% > mastery > vers > haste > agi for mythic+ so you can see why I'm confused. They literally contradict each other because one is saying to use both a leviatan and kraken then use vers if there are any other gem slots when you look at the icy-veins site but then if you look at the addon which is supposed to use the icy-veins data you would infer that you should be using haste or crit gems depending on what type of set up you're going for NOT agi gems. There are actually class specs like Blood DK that is supposed to not gem strength but instead vers in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm basically working with 2 different rogues. One is leveling up and the other will be a fresh 50 tomorrow which means I'll be buying/making gear for him and want to know what stats I should be looking for on each. The ClassSpecStats addon actually has agi as the LAST of the stats for an assassination rogue for raids or mythic+ set ups. It goes haste > crit=mastery > vers > agi for raiding and crit 45-50% > mastery > vers > haste > agi for mythic+ so you can see why I'm confused. They literally contradict each other because one is saying to use both a leviatan and kraken then use vers if there are any other gem slots when you look at the icy-veins site but then if you look at the addon which is supposed to use the icy-veins data you would infer that you should be using haste or crit gems depending on what type of set up you're going for NOT agi gems. There are actually class specs like Blood DK that is supposed to not gem strength but instead vers in everything.
    This information is outdated.

The current prio is:

Agility > Versatility > Critical Strike > Mastery > Haste

But all the secondary stats are pretty close, so aim for as much agility as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    go Haste>crit
    Bad outdated advice.

There are actually class specs like Blood DK that is supposed to not gem strength but instead vers in everything.
    Well, you can't gem main stats anyway, can you?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Don't know if with the squish some old gems are suddendly incredibly good because they give you enough main stat to win over the newer ones.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Don't know if with the squish some old gems are suddendly incredibly good because they give you enough main stat to win over the newer ones.
    Now that would be an incredibly funny and sad consequence of the squish.
    -Voltaire
    winning

OK so I'm totally lost here. I usually use the ClassSpecStats addon to quickly see what stats are needed for any particular class for any particular spec of the class because its more convenient than tabbing out and looking it up on icy-veins or other websites. I should note that ClassSpecsStats pulls their data from the icy-veins website for their addon and was just updated on 10/14/2020. What I'm confused about is icy-veins shows that for raiding its vers > crit > haste > mastery for secondaries (doesn't show where agility fits in like other classes show where their primary stat fits in stat priorities) for raiding and crit > vers > mastery > haste for mythic+. The icy-veins changelog shows updated 10/12/2020. WHy I'm so confused is even the icy-veins gem & enchant section for assassination shows 1 of each agi gem and then the rest vers gems with vers ring enchants. Can anyone set me straight on what stats an assassination rogue should be using?
    Haste is always best.
    Stab things more faster 2: the stabbening.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I can sim for you when servers are back up. Granted this will be my gear set up and my azerite traits/neck which are more tailored to BfD raiding (for assassination). It's still viable and does 75 percentile-ish logs, but it's not fully optimized.

As of right now in pre-prepatch, AGI is king by a wide margin, followed likely by vers and crit. Haste has been slightly replaced by SnD, where attack speed and energy gains are minimal compared to neck effects and other gear level factors.

But assassination is currently an incomplete spec, Shiv doesn't currently have it's toxic blade effect. Also Mythic+ depends entirely on your build and dungeon. IE: bigger pulls vs smaller pulls, garrote build, use of Poison Bomb vs Crimson Tempest, etc... Also the biggest deciding factor is how long these mobs are living, if you are running M+ where the packs are dying before you get full value out of garrotes or multiple ruptures, you may want to run a more single target or ~3 mob set-up to get positive DPS usage. This has always been a bit of an assassination issue because they are relatively slow to multidot (vs examples as warlock with seed of corruption).

- - - Updated - - -
    @gaymer77

Patchwork (7 minute)
    Weapon DPS 14.00

Agility 2.83

Critical Strike 2.06

Off Hand Weapon DPS 1.87

Versatility 1.83

Haste 1.79

Mastery 1.55
    Hectic add cleave with 3 target up all the time
    Weapon DPS 29.74

Agility 5.54

Critical Strike 3.29

Versatility 2.89

Mastery 2.80

Haste 1.89

Off Hand Weapon DPS 1.43
    My current stat levels which these are based on:
    Agi - 468
    Crit - 104
    Haste - 189
    Mast - 180
    Vers - 166

Like I mentioned earlier, these stat weights are more tailored to my stat levels, but they should hold decently ok outright, considering my stats are sort of balanced except for Crit... which is likely driving up crits value.

Edit: ohh and build is a bit odd because I was seeing how much value I could get out of white damage and poison attacks that would increase SND's value.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2020-11-04 at 04:09 PM.

Now that would be an incredibly funny and sad consequence of the squish.
    Well, there are trinkets right now that are op as hell because the proc is so strong given the reduced coeffiecients etc. I am pretty sure though that at 60 we won't have any of these issues.

I'm gearing a hunter for herald of the titans - right now it's lvl30 char max ilvl 35. Which means basically ANYTHING from EVERY EXPANSION since you can make it scale. 99% of the items are the multi socket ones that you can fill up with main stat gems.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Well, there are trinkets right now that are op as hell because the proc is so strong given the reduced coeffiecients etc. I am pretty sure though that at 60 we won't have any of these issues.

I'm gearing a hunter for herald of the titans - right now it's lvl30 char max ilvl 35. Which means basically ANYTHING from EVERY EXPANSION since you can make it scale. 99% of the items are the multi socket ones that you can fill up with main stat gems.
    As previously seen in any scaled content. Trinkets and gem slots scale badly.
    -Voltaire
    winning

15+ Year Old Account
    You can add 2 BFA main stat gems (+18 and +12) but there's still a +6 from Legion and +3 from other expansions that could go in there. The +3 ones all have no limit to how many you can place in gear while everything else is unique equipped. The secondaries are +7 epic & +6 rare for BFA and Legion gems and +3 or +4 for all other expansions. So you can see how if your main stat has a weight of more than 1.17 that it could make more sense to slap in a primary stat of old expansions than to put in a secondary stat epic from BFA

Blizzard have already nerfed that weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Blizzard have already nerfed that weeks ago.
    well shit, there goes my fun for playing for this class. I'm already demotivated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so happy I don't play serious anymore. I've stacked Mastery to the fullest, cause it's the most fun stat, but apparently it's not that good, but hey, gotta play for fun