Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Trueshot Changes

While Trueshot is active, all Focus generated is increased by 50% from abilities such as Steady Shot, and your passive Focus regeneration is also increased by 50% for its duration.

Thoughts on how much this will improve using Trueshot. I feel that it's not a bad change just don't realize how much positive change it will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll finally put it on my bars or macro it in if its off the GCD.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Galaar View Post
    While Trueshot is active, all Focus generated is increased by 50% from abilities such as Steady Shot, and your passive Focus regeneration is also increased by 50% for its duration.

Thoughts on how much this will improve using Trueshot. I feel that it's not a bad change just don't realize how much positive change it will be.
    It is a fairly substantial change. The lack of focus regen made the previous version significantly weaker than it in theory should be since we simply did not have enough focus to use our rotation.
    Now that we have more focus during Trueshot it should again be an attractive cooldown, and by extension make the talents and abilities buffing it more powerful.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Its the best change i could imagine for MM, until Blizzard figures out what is the MM theme and does a revamp. Im glad it happened.

I had the impression that Im lacking focus during Trueshot so this is great change.

I wonder if this makes talents "Calling the shots" more viable.
    Atleast I dont remember seeing anyone recommending this talent until now.

At this moment Im using Volley since MM doesnt have good aoe without such talents.

MM buffed even more even tho it sims #2 dps in the game even w/o this change? I just want to play BM.
    /sadface

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    MM buffed even more even tho it sims #2 dps in the game even w/o this change? I just want to play BM.
    /sadface
    Lol you could play BM in BFA and do 20% more damage, atleast in 8.3.

Not to mention its illogical because MM is harder to play then BM.
    MM has abilites which has to be casted while BM has all instant.
    Not to mentions procs and difficult rotation.

Tbh all I could see from the various rankings on different sites was that BM is #2 in dps not MM
    MM was just slightly above average.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadrak View Post

Tbh all I could see from the various rankings on different sites was that BM is #2 in dps not MM
    I never said anything about BFA, but yes, it's true it was better there. I didn't really play BFA until august this year so. I have been BM ever since they removed ranged survival and still want to be able to play it at a good level.

Interesting you should say that, the last 3 lists I saw MM was top 2 or 3, while BM was around ~10-15.

I guess we won't know anything until live is here with all the legendaries?

10+ Year Old Account
    how was trueshot not an attractive cooldown before? granted I'm too lazy to steady shot for the buff but mostly because most of my gameplay is world where stuff dies too quickly to make it a worthwhile part of my rotation but also compared to some of the wet blanket specs I play on other classes MM does enough damage playing at 80% to still outshine many others. makes me glad that I have zero interest in progressive play if recommended rotation are so strict they can't find a use for trueshot, let alone prefer BM which I haven't played since leveling during TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    While im glad with the trueshot aura buff, it worries me that the buff may put calling the shots as "mandatory" talent for ST, being significantly better than volley or worse, making volley only being a good pick for aoe.....

fingers crossed for that not being the case!

Quote Originally Posted by Wadrak View Post

That's some dogshit reasoning that the more complicated a rotation is, the better it should be performing, as if it's somehow the player's fault that their spec of choice is easy or hard to play.

There are stupid ass specs to play in this game, like destro lock, frost dk, havoc dh, and there are also pain in the ass specs to play optimally, like demo lock, unholy dk, feral druid, sub rogue. In a perfect game, they should all have equal performance regardless how easy or hard to play they are, and the only difference should be gameplay style.

so rather than implement a fix at a basic level, it's fixed for 15 seconds every minute and a half. wonderful...

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    how was trueshot not an attractive cooldown before? granted I'm too lazy to steady shot for the buff but mostly because most of my gameplay is world where stuff dies too quickly to make it a worthwhile part of my rotation but also compared to some of the wet blanket specs I play on other classes MM does enough damage playing at 80% to still outshine many others. makes me glad that I have zero interest in progressive play if recommended rotation are so strict they can't find a use for trueshot, let alone prefer BM which I haven't played since leveling during TBC.
    Without additional focus during Trueshot, almost the only benefit it was giving was Aimed Shot having a faster cast time, because there was zero way you could make use of the reduced cooldown because you simply did not have enough focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Anrakyr View Post
    That's some dogshit reasoning that the more complicated a rotation is, the better it should be performing, as if it's somehow the player's fault that their spec of choice is easy or hard to play.

There are stupid ass specs to play in this game, like destro lock, frost dk, havoc dh, and there are also pain in the ass specs to play optimally, like demo lock, unholy dk, feral druid, sub rogue. In a perfect game, they should all have equal performance regardless how easy or hard to play they are, and the only difference should be gameplay style.
    No I didnt say MM should be performing better. I said MM shouldnt perform worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Without additional focus during Trueshot, almost the only benefit it was giving was Aimed Shot having a faster cast time, because there was zero way you could make use of the reduced cooldown because you simply did not have enough focus.
    does it not have increased crit chance as well? (maybe through azerite) whatever the case the reduced cast time for my two openers was always nice and it seemed to always last long enough to get at least one more in after casting a couple other abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anrakyr View Post

I know this is off-topic, but is Demo really supposed to be hard to play? Seems pretty easy to me but I'm only lvl 45 :-/

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    does it not have increased crit chance as well? (maybe through azerite) whatever the case the reduced cast time for my two openers was always nice and it seemed to always last long enough to get at least one more in after casting a couple other abilities.
    No crit baseline. The spell only reduced the cast time of Aimed Shot by 50% and reduced the cooldown of Aimed Shot and Rapid Fire by 60%. MM has a strong opener through talents and whatnot, but beyond that Trueshot was an incredibly underwhelming damage cooldown.

I welcome the change, but remain sceptical. I don't "get" Trueshot, still. I don't have it on my bars at the moment. That said, I am someone who actively dislikes cooldowns, because as a Vanilla baby, I am still in the mindset of "saving it for a rainy day", and I just never want to press Trueshot.

I mained Arms Warrior through BFA, because of Anger Management and Colossus Smash being short baseline.

I miss Legion Marks, but it was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    so rather than implement a fix at a basic level, it's fixed for 15 seconds every minute and a half. wonderful...
    What is there to fix at the base lvl? MM does not have focus problems outside of Trueshot, AiS is recharging at a rate that allows you to spend all of your Precise Shots.

I suspect in SL, during Trueshot you will still ignore the second PS if it procs (i did this all of BfA, since the first PS will just be spent at the same global as AiS). Infact, i would just remove the second PS rng alltogether, and maybe buff the proc.

Anyway, with this change, my last gripe with the spec is gone, and i honestly think MM is in a great place. It is incredible how much i have missed Kill Shot - it is so welcome in our kit.

Yes, we need to manage focus a bit more, but that was the case before 8.3. anyway, before stacking haste (in combination with azerite) made focus management obsolete. So yeah, time to hoover around 70 focus again, while not capping AiS charges. The spec is not overly complicated, but movement planing, timing and focus management should keep people engaged.

Binding Shot being baseline allowing us to safely pick Posthaste (and Binding Shackles will get use in PvP against melee training and in solo content) and not needing pet to dispel enrage/magic anymore are great QoL changes.

Can't w8 to pick Kyrian for my MM, even if they nerf Pelagos binds to oblivion (which they already did, the 4% versa is about the only thing that keeps Kyrian BiS for a lot of specs). Not only is Resonating Arrow one of the prettiest, most unique abilites they have introduced in this game, it complements our toolkit and makes for some amazing plays in PvP.

A thing that would deffo turn me off MM is if they made AiS castable on the move - please, keep the distinction compared to BM. I also know many people would love if MM had a stun, but with current lvls of dmg, it would be overpowered.

Peace all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I know this is off-topic, but is Demo really supposed to be hard to play? Seems pretty easy to me but I'm only lvl 45 :-/
    It's really hard at max level.

The difficulty comes from needing to keep track of the imps' durations and their numbers because it really impacts dps if you don't play it optimally.