Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    you wold think with this game being #1 pre ordered game also being 70$ --- that the "economic anxiety" thing i hear so often as being a reason people hold certain beliefs might not be a thing

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never watched the movies or paid attention to this franchise at all but the game looks good enough from somebody that knows jack shit about this universe to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I've never watched the movies or paid attention to this franchise at all but the game looks good enough from somebody that knows jack shit about this universe to try it.
    Might honestly benefit from giving the movies a watch prior to playing. Doubt it's at all necessary, but it's one of those things where the additional context would probably make for a much richer experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    you wold think with this game being #1 pre ordered game also being 70$ --- that the "economic anxiety" thing i hear so often as being a reason people hold certain beliefs might not be a thing
    Greenmangaming if you are on PC. Legit Steam key seller at - 15%.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    she doesn't think trans women and biological women are the same, because biological women produce breast milk, give birth, deal with abortions, menstruate, etc. She doesn't think they should have the same rights and is concerned about shared spaces, such as prisons and bathrooms for safety. You know like a dude committing a crime, then deciding he is a women right before he goes to prison and getting put into a female prison because of it.
    These are transphobic talking points. Should be no surprise that people labeled her a transphobic.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Streamers being harassed for playing the game. Gotta love the Twitter mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    The experience is better if you are a fan of the franchise. Imma buy the game after the streamer thing to see how its looking. So far so good

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    These are transphobic talking points. Should be no surprise that people labeled her a transphobic.
    Talking sense and living in reality is "transphobic"? You TRA/MRA lot are hilarious.

Anyway, I can't wait to buy and play this game. It looks great.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Man sorry not sorry. Gonna play is regardless of the authors views.

The trans community picked the wrong game to protest lol, If anything they helped advertise this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Talking sense and living in reality is "transphobic"? You TRA/MRA lot are hilarious.

Anyway, I can't wait to buy and play this game. It looks great.
    While they are legitimate concerns worth talking about, by the very definition of the word it is technically transphobic.

Y'all, while Rowling and her opinions are relevant to the overall discussion, keep things to Hogwarts Legacy and not those other topics as they're out of bounds for this forum.

Is there any sort of multiplayer or co-op?
    I <3 JK Rowling.

One thing I hope they patch is the ability to hide UI elements when they aren't in use. There needs to be a middle ground between Always On or Always Off.

I'll probably turn off a few things I don't really need but stuff like the mini-map and spell hud have to stay. Having all these UI elements on my OLED screen all the time just makes me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Might honestly benefit from giving the movies a watch prior to playing. Doubt it's at all necessary, but it's one of those things where the additional context would probably make for a much richer experience.
    The story and cast, aside from a single Weasley professor, is so disconnected it may be more distracting than anything. Even Hogwarts is redesigned in places (and Hogsmeade looks almost entirely different).

Unfortunately one of my favorite streamers got dog piled and harassed out of streaming this game. What I was able to see seemed pretty fun though! Looking forward to playing this in a few hours when I get off work!

15+ Year Old Account
    Game looks really good. I've not seen all the movies, read all the books or really ever cared too much about Harry Potter in general, but back in the late 90's or early 2000's I remember playing a Harry Potter game at my then neighbour's house, and seeing some of the footage of this really brings back nostalgic memories of that.

The last years I'm very much against preordering games, but I cannot lie that I'm tempted with this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to be an interesting day on Twitch
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Thanks god, no.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    I'm getting a new PC and it will probably be the first game I play on it. I saw some people saying you can't kill people around the school? I don't know how true that is, but I'm sure someone will mod it on the PC version later.
    As far as i know, you can delve deep and actually learn those spells. What i don't know is what you need to do to reach that. I also assume you cannot just go in a killing spree in Hogwarts, but i'm pretty sure the regular enemies are a different thing.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's a fully single player game. Which is fine imho. I don't see the need for it being online right now as the first real game of a killer franchise - you really don't want to break the spell of feeling inside that world due to unwanted interactions with other players.

This said, next installments if they are going to be a thing could be with an online part, but i think a central hub + istanced areas is going to work better than a fully shared world like an mmo. Again, the fantasy is for you to be the wizard basically.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    As far as i know, you can delve deep and actually learn those spells. What i don't know is what you need to do to reach that. I also assume you cannot just go in a killing spree in Hogwarts, but i'm pretty sure the regular enemies are a different thing.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's a fully single player game. Which is fine imho. I don't see the need for it being online right now as the first real game of a killer franchise - you really don't want to break the spell of feeling inside that world due to unwanted interactions with other players.

This said, next installments if they are going to be a thing could be with an online part, but i think a central hub + istanced areas is going to work better than a fully shared world like an mmo. Again, the fantasy is for you to be the wizard basically.
    Yeah I'm glad it's pure SP. I love a good single player experience. Nice break from all the multiplayer stuff.
    I <3 JK Rowling.