Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    for future ref, can I suggest you put a disclaimer or note about that on the OP post since I just accidentally opened a can of worms but didn't know it was illegal based on the initial posts of this thread
    It's not illegal and you think buying the Dead Space remake is immoral so who cares what you think?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    A game with a trans character in it is anti-woke now? Wouldn't the game be being brigaded and hated for being "woke" if it was any other IP? You're better off just not listening to idiots with agendas and looking at the video game for what it is- a video game
    The character creator also basically is gender neutral (as in, everyone can use all options) and you can set your sex independend from your body type (so you could make f.e. a female looking char that sleeps in the boys dorm etc).

Btw, only played the tutorial so far but it's quite awesome!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Where is the Gamespot review?

https://www.gamespot.com/games/hogwarts-legacy/

I HOPE they aren't boycotting a review for this game. Especially with all the affiliate links, guides, and how to Save On Hogwarts Legacy Preorders on their website....I kinda wanna see that review now. Anybody know anything about Gamespot review being late for this game? I've seen their reviews come late before, so it may be nothing.

They're probably just running late with it or something. Would feel a bit hypocritical to, as you said, plaster the site with links, guides, and pre-order instructions to turn around last second to boycott.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    They're probably just running late with it or something. Would feel a bit hypocritical to, as you said, plaster the site with links, guides, and pre-order instructions to turn around last second to boycott.
    Gotta be, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

I HOPE they aren't boycotting a review for this game. Especially with all the affiliate links, guides, and how to Save On Hogwarts Legacy Preorders on their website....I kinda wanna see that review now. Anybody know anything about Gamespot review being late for this game?
    Doubtful. The site's a mess honestly, they've been sold like 3 times in the last 3 years and each time it's included staffing changes and reductions in overall teamsize, now they're part of Fandom. There's still a fair amount of mess/fallout internally from that apparently, and it wouldn't surprise me if it meant that finding a freelance reviewer for this fell through the cracks or their reviewer is otherwise delayed as it sounds like keys weren't sent out to media very early. Their guide writers clearly have keys though given that they've been churning out guides and did a "first 35 minutes" playthrough. Kinda hard to "boycott" a title you're covering the shit out of : P

Real though, the gaming media landscape is a massive mess right now, mirroring a lot of the layoffs and closures in the tech world and with GaS titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching this being streamed it looks good. Might get it some day if it goes on sale.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I HOPE they aren't boycotting a review for this game. Especially with all the affiliate links, guides, and how to Save On Hogwarts Legacy Preorders on their website....I kinda wanna see that review now. Anybody know anything about Gamespot review being late for this game? I've seen their reviews come late before, so it may be nothing.
    It's probably less on gamespot and more on it's hard to find a reviewer willing to take internet harassment for reviewing a game. That seems to be the case with the outlets not covering it right now.

Don't be surprised if you see a lot of reviewers or streamers that might play the game in their private time and not mention it at all because they don't want to deal with those loons. It's not that easy to ignore when part of their job is actually reading their chats and looking at twitter or reddit so they have to actively see these hate mob lunatics.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1730206909?t=6h58m8s Hasan basically explained this last night. Don't assume someone not playing or covering the game is boycotting it they just might not want to deal with the bullshit.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-02-07 at 10:00 PM.

It's probably less on gamespot and more on it's hard to find a reviewer willing to take internet harassment for reviewing a game. That seems to be the case with the outlets not covering it right now.

Don't be surprised if you see a lot of reviewers or streamers that might play the game in their private time and not mention it at all because they don't want to deal with those loons. It's not that easy to ignore when part of their job is actually reading their chats and looking at twitter or reddit so they have to actively see these hate mob lunatics.
    I am once again here to remind folks of that time Eurogamer had a reviewer with the GALL to give Uncharted 3 an 8/10, citing some very reasonable critiques including how insanely on-rails the game felt.

And ended up getting death threats over an 8/10 score. This was like, 12 years ago even.

But real, that's on top of finding someone who will review a massive game where they probably spend at least 40-50 hours playing through it, taking notes, and writing/editing their review for like $200. Folks don't seem to realize how pathetically little gaming media get paid in general, and how freelancers still basically work for "exposure" most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre ordered the deluxe edition , but when i went to play it steam had issues after the download and was still saying it wasn't out yet, so have refunded it and will just get the normal edition in a few days >.<

As an rpg it's looking like a 7, like average enjoyable rpg but nothing memorable or great. But people are salivating buckets of nostalgia so I reckon most critics will rate it a 8 to compensate for the fanatics that see it as the second coming of christ.

I haven't played it, this is just my opinion on what I've seen so far..
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

This is the article they link in their weekly? news email:https://www.gamespot.com/articles/jk...NLS-04-10aaa1d

With the last part of it saying: "if you are not willing to give up a piece of entertainment in solidarity against the harm JK Rowling continues to enact; then how can trans people feel assured you’ll be willing to fight for us in more important areas, such as anti-trans violence, be it physical, mental, personal, systemic or legislative, especially as the discrimination continues to rise? So while I will say you are not a transphobe or a bigot if you buy Hogwarts Legacy, do not also claim to be a trans ally if you do buy the game. Being an ally means being willing to give something up, and what's more, to stand up for those who are vulnerable."

I suspect there's probably a conflict going on in the office atm as to whether they should review it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    This is the article they link in their weekly? news email:https://www.gamespot.com/articles/jk...NLS-04-10aaa1d

With the last part of it saying: "if you are not willing to give up a piece of entertainment in solidarity against the harm JK Rowling continues to enact; then how can trans people feel assured you’ll be willing to fight for us in more important areas, such as anti-trans violence, be it physical, mental, personal, systemic or legislative, especially as the discrimination continues to rise? So while I will say you are not a transphobe or a bigot if you buy Hogwarts Legacy, do not also claim to be a trans ally if you do buy the game. Being an ally means being willing to give something up, and what's more, to stand up for those who are vulnerable."

I suspect there's probably a conflict going on in the office atm as to whether they should review it or not.
    It's just an opinion article from a person who only has 2 total articles on the entire gamespot website. I don't imagine it has much to do with the review situation at all, it's just extra hard to find someone to review this game it's already hard to begin with but then throw in having to deal with hate mob loons on top of normal difficulty and it's not going to be easy. They have covered the game with various news articles so it's definitely not banned on their platform- I'd wager they just didn't find a reviewer yet or found one late who has yet to finish it.

I don't usually buy games anymore but this one I bought because of how vile the woke movement is.

There really, really isn't. If this was a topic for discussion they wouldn't have a dozen guides and the first 35 minutes of gameplay posted already.

Folks just seem desperate to see drama everywhere.

It's just an opinion article from a person who only has 2 total articles on the entire gamespot website. I don't imagine it has much to do with the review situation at all, it's just extra hard to find someone to review this game it's already hard to begin with but then throw in having to deal with hate mob loons on top of normal difficulty and it's not going to be easy.
    It may be an opinion article but its the article they chose to promote and put first in their news email so someone higher up thought it should be promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    There really, really isn't. If this was a topic for discussion they wouldn't have a dozen guides and the first 35 minutes of gameplay posted already.

Folks just seem desperate to see drama everywhere.
    come on man desperate to see drama everywhere? The first article about the game they sent me is drama. One that specifically states if you buy the game you aint an ally.

Pffff what to say about this game. I dislike ( even as a "member" of the lgbtq+ community) the hate towards streamers, devs etc...let them be.
    And all the youtubers/twitchers reacting like this is something new...i played games since i was little. and since the nud 1990 hate towards games for being to x, y or z is normal. Only difference this time is that its comming from the "right".

But i also dislike the praise this game has gotten. Like dislike it a lot. Cyberpunk 2077 got thrashed and was better as this game. They all give it a 10 out of 10 or a 9 out of 10....and i wonder why that is? are they afraid of the anti woke mob? or something else.

things i notice from the game reviewers do not bring up:
    - npc's have little to nothing to do ( like worse then cyberpunk at launch...thats saying enough).
    - invisble walls
    - questing having that 10 seconds before you "die" out of bounds screen
    - the world seems dead. From what experience. For a open world game it sometimes seems very dead. Not much happening. the town seems pretty much "empty" . almost feels like they have a slider for how densely populate the world could be and its stuck at 2 out of 10.

also the amount of bugs, after cyberpunk you would think they ( game companies) would have learned.
    i have had more bugs in this game than i did in cyberpunk 2077

gameplay wise, i wished it had more games to do.
    I like the combat and the story.

I find the houses empty...and dull.

Is this not me hating the game because of political reason or something like. ( believe me i have been trashed about this game)

I like the game. and would advice to any Harry potter fan to play it. For a open world game fan i would hold off for a little while.

And i really think the scoring is wrong. 8 out of 10 ( maybe a 8,5)...but not a 10 out of 10 ( or 9). Not with the state of npc's, lack of immersion like missing outside the main story a lot of things to do. and the world really feels not so lively.

to make my point even more clear:

Red dead redemption 2 a much better game: got between a 8,8 and a 9,8
    cyberpunk 2077 any thing between a 4 and 10. mostly a 8. < a game with more flair and things to do as hogwarts legacy
    gta 5 between a 9 and 10
    skyrim between a 8 and 10. avarage 8
    fallout 4 between 8 and 10. avarage 9
    the witcher 3 between 8 and 10. on avarage 9.....< this game was way better build etc as hogwarts
    zelda 10 out of 10.....<<< hogwarts is according to reviewers on par with this....like hell it is. the bugs alone cause it to drop
    assasins creed valhalla ( or odyssy) between a 7 and 10. mostly 8....so its way better as these 2 games....nope.

With some fixes of npc stuff, added content and some major bug/optimization fixxes it will go up. But in current state its not as good as they make it out to be.

why am i so worked up about it. "my" community gets a lot of hate and flack for some very minor extremist. people burned games for including stuff for lgbtq+ ( like that hate for the transgende poster/player option in cyberpunk). Yet this game does not even get realistic reviews. And i have seen people giving the same kind of reviews online. ( like its a great game, but not the best open world. it has bugs, and feels empty at times) are being trashed by the anti woke crowd.

But again in short: love HP, then play it
    Love open world: only play it if you have nothing to do in other open world games. otherwise wait until some more content/fixes

do not care about the above 2, but like story games or rpg's: wait or play it...depends on your choice if you like games with bugs that feel not 100% done. If that does not bother you. play it.

Do not care about questing/rpg: wait until its on sale.

- - - Updated - - -

i also hope thats not the case.

But in the end...its a company. If the CEO of the share holders chose not to review something...its their choice.

I do think they need to review it. And i think people need to seperate the pro/anti woke stuff from the discussion about this game.
    Because 1 side wants the game to go away from the face of the earth.
    and the other gives it 12 out of 10's.....yes that is not a typo.

Both are wrong. its a cool, nice, semi "open world" game. with a nice theme.

The game looks good, but I dunno if it is 75 euros good.

Fuck games on consoles are expinsive outside of Game Pass. And GTX 1070 with 1440p screen ain't just happening.

come on man desperate to see drama everywhere? The first article about the game they sent me is drama. One that specifically states if you buy the game you aint an ally.
    GameSpot is not a hive-mind, and their editors (as editors at every site) have a wide variety of opinions. One freelancer writing a lengthy article on the topic doesn't mean that article is now Gospel Opinion for everyone at GameSpot. Sure they're going to chase some of them outrage clicks to a point, they need to since ad-revenue is garbage and they just got sold - again. But every outlet is doing that, literally every outlet. Same reason why guides and SEO garbage articles have become so widespread: Because they want them clicks.

I haven't read the full article myself, but if that's the gist of it then cool. I'll continue to not care about the opinions of others.