Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Aside from the combat which so far looks like the weakest link the rest is close to exactly what I would like to have in a HP game. Inject it into my veins!
    Though the timers on those potions brewing/plants growing... just like in mobile games with the crystal shops. That one left a bad taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Super excited for this, looks great to me.

For some reason when they announced it I thought it was multiplayer. Oh well, hope it sells well but not for me.

Looks awesome.

Naturally, Val hates it, reinforcing good decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Needing to translate Morse code, needing to find websites for fictional companies to get information about them, needing to reference the Bible or other texts etc. SUPER INTERESTING STUFF THAT WAS WAY OUTSIDE THE BOX AND COOL

But that's hard to make, and very costly. That being said there have been huge advances over the years so I'm not sure you're very on-point with this criticsm.
    And also boring / uninteresting / a pain in the ass for most people. There's nothing wrong with liking niche things, but you (not necessarily you specifically, just the colloquial you) should recognize that your taste is niche and not act confused about why it's not catered to.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It was bad otherwise, but TSW's investigation missions are still some of the coolest, most unique and interesting things I've done in any game. Needing to translate Morse code, needing to find websites for fictional companies to get information about them, needing to reference the Bible or other texts etc. SUPER INTERESTING STUFF THAT WAS WAY OUTSIDE THE BOX AND COOL

But that's hard to make, and very costly. That being said there have been huge advances over the years so I'm not sure you're very on-point with this criticsm.
    I have to ask... Is it this kind of content more costly to make? Okay, the Fake Company Websites have some financial costs associated with them, but you're going to have a website for the game already, hosting them within it isn't too much of a stretch. The biggest up front cost would be in designing them, which yeah... That'll cost you.

The hook for this content, as I understand it, is doing the investigative work yourself outside of the game. And I agree - That blending of the game world and the real world sounds awesome. A lot of what they're relying on to create this content, from what you've said, is public domain and doesn't have a financial cost for its use.

The biggest cost, from what I can see, would be in developer time in coming up with this content. You're going to have devs designing content anyway, and if this kind of content is going to be the primary game play loop then it's not an extra cost, just the cost of employing in the first place.

I'd assume there are other kinds of clues that need to be added into the game too, textures, NPC dialog etc etc. The game needs those anyway, with a bit of forward planning and some solid research to know what you need doing before hand and you're not looking at paying any more for this stuff than normal.

It strikes me as something that you could make for no more than the baseline cost of game development if you build around it from the outset. I'm curious to know your thoughts on it though. I've not played TSW or have any real experience working in the game industry. I could well be missing something obvious here.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    The biggest cost, from what I can see, would be in developer time in coming up with this content. You're going to have devs designing content anyway, and if this kind of content is going to be the primary game play loop then it's not an extra cost, just the cost of employing in the first place.
    That's largely why. It requires a TON more time to concept out these types of missions, build them, and test them to ensure that they're giving players enough hints/clues to figure it out while not holding their hands through it. It's a lot easier to just send someone out to kill a bunch of enemies/farm drops from them, not a ton of design work to do in that.

Yeah, not the biggest Harry Potter fan, but this honestly looks pretty cool. Looks like a kind of game I won't necessarily be playing myself, but would have fun watching someone else do a playthrough on the TV.

I think it looks great. The combat seems fine - I don't understand people saying it looks boring or bad. What else would you expect from a Harry Potter game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks bretty good, but I wish they would have cut the stupid player housing gimmick for quidditch

The motion capture, many animations, and lip sync were awful.

Everything else looked great.

The artists deserve a lot of credit in this one. Really well done.

Right...kind of looks boring.
    Sounds like a standard old fashion RPG with not enough story overal so they added allot of other stuff.

Hope I'm wrong and that the story will be better then "something is corrupting X" but to me RPG's are only as good as the presentation of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Looks bretty good, but I wish they would have cut the stupid player housing gimmick for quidditch
    My hope is that quidditch is included(because it was such a big part of the movies), but it wasn't in a gameplay-preview state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    It's so cringe people always feel the need to complain about something, nobody cares.

The game looks fucking amazing, I would've loved to see more of the combat though

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Right. That looks so much better and feature packed than I was expecting. I'm actually really excited for this now, game looks like it might just be the HP RPG I've wanted for years. If combat is going to be an "Arkham-series but with wands" I'm all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Honestly looks fucking incredible to me. Hope it delivers on what this trailer is promising.
    This.

Game looks fantastic. Insta buy for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, looks pretty fun. I was hoping for even more adventure game style puzzle solving but there does seem to be a fair bit. The timers on some of the things like growing plants gives me bad open world game vibes but it still looks what I expected.

Damn, forgot this was coming out this year. At the very least it’ll be super fun to explore.

Man, I can remember well the old HP games on PC/PS, how times have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This is looking like Dragon Age but with a thin veneer of Harry Potter over it.

Well, I've said this before, but... they really should have explored one of those other wizarding schools. Not Hogwarts, which has been overexposed for two decades. It's not exciting anymore. A brand new location could bring a sense of genuine discovery, of excitement. Something fresh.
    Speak for yourself. This looks incredible. That gameplay reveal was so far beyond my expectations, I cannot wait to play this.

I see you iframe dodge lol. I dont like hp much, but this game looks solid. Will give it a shot. Very good idea to move it away from anything movie/book. The school area itself is link enough.