Poll: Who Wins in a Real Fight Steven Seagal or Jean Claude Van Damme?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Who Wins in a Real Fight Steven Seagal or Jean Claude Van Damme?

Steven Seagal

Jean Claude Van Damme

Who Wins in a Real Fight Steven Seagal or Jean Claude Van Damme?

My Money is on Van Damme

The reason is between him and Seagal Van Damme has Kick Boxing experience.

I asked my wife and she said Medicare . I was this close to adding it as an option.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2020-09-11 at 02:41 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

LOL! Your wife's answer was gold.

But if taking it seriously, Van Damme.
    He's such a shit actor... it's a draw on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    LOL! Your wife's answer was gold.

But if taking it seriously, Van Damme.
    He's such a shit actor... it's a draw on that one.
    Van Damme is not a great actor...but he's streets ahead of Seagal.

considering the weight i would bet on seagal

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Steven Seagal pooped his pants when being choked by a guy half his size. That’s really all I have to say on the topic... aside from Aikido being bullshit.
    Aikido is a great martial art...if the only thing your opponent knows how to do is to run straight at you over and over again.. :P

Seagal all the way.
    Guy had his own dojo in Japan. That was no mean feat.
    Article from 1997; Rumble in Hollywood

Arnold or Chuck? Van Damme or Chan? Who’d win the Ultimate Ultimate Fighting Championship?
    Me, I’m a Seagal man. Don’t tell me about Van Damme’s fancy kicks–Van Damme’s a ballet dancer, a girl! Here’s how the fight goes: Van Damme simpers around the ring like Baryshnikov for a few minutes. Finally, he throws a kick at Seagal’s head. Seagal snatches the foot out of the air, twists Van Damme’s leg 180 degrees, and tears half-a-dozen knee ligaments from the bone. End of story. Van Damme is Van Damaged. He hops around the ring, begging for mercy. Seagal pounds his pretty face into a mushy pulp–just for fun.

In a real fight they would both pussy out. Fighting for points who cares really?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    In a real fight they would both pussy out. Fighting for points who cares really?
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Same answer as who would win in a fight between a Lion and a Tiger. Both are capable fighters, but neither want to risk the massive damage involved in a full on fight, because it would end both of their careers if they get massively hurt (Even if they win). So they will do a lot of growling, snarling and slap fighting, and in the end both will strut away and pretend they won. "Who would win" usually relies on a no holds battle that isn't actually in character for the participants.

Now if the scenario is a sports style showdown in a ring before a televised audience, it depends on whose preferred martial art is favored. McGregor couldn't beat Mayweather at boxing, but Mayweather has zero chance at beating McGregor at MMA. Same here.

7. Van Damme. Not as good as he looks. The Muscles from Brussels is fabulous on screen. He claims to be a karate champion, but the judges doubt his credentials. “He’s a ballet dancer, not a fighter,” says Ultimate Fighting champ Ken Shamrock. “In a real fight, he’d probably panic,” says fight historian Eric Perret. “He’d be lucky if he got one kick off before a real fighter took him down and had him for lunch.”

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    7. Van Damme. Not as good as he looks. The Muscles from Brussels is fabulous on screen. He claims to be a karate champion, but the judges doubt his credentials. “He’s a ballet dancer, not a fighter,” says Ultimate Fighting champ Ken Shamrock. “In a real fight, he’d probably panic,” says fight historian Eric Perret. “He’d be lucky if he got one kick off before a real fighter took him down and had him for lunch.”
    If you're going to keep quoting from that one article:

But doubt lingers. Seagal’s a braggart; most great fighters are quietly arrogant. He has the mannerisms of a bully, someone who abuses the weak and is cowed by the strong. “I don’t think he has the heart or stomach for a real fight–it might mess his hair up,” says Perret. Another handicap: Aikido is too stylized for a real showdown. Blauer says, “It’s a wonderful movie system, but you have to be fighting a very sloppy opponent to make it work.”

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    If you're going to keep quoting from that one article:
    Yeah, that was when the description went between Bruce Lee and Seagal;

And Lee would not be a sloppy opponent. The Jesus Christ, Elvis, and Abraham Lincoln of martial arts, Lee would be a flea next to Seagal at 5 feet 7 inches and 130 lbs. But he was immensely strong. He trained more fanatically than anyone in the history of martial arts, mastering grappling, boxing, karate, kickboxing, footfighting, and other styles. Unlike the other actors, Lee loved to fight, instigating street fracases as a teen-ager in Hong Kong. And he was ruthless: He would as soon break an opponent’s arm as let him submit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah, that was when the description went between Bruce Lee and Seagal;

And Lee would not be a sloppy opponent. The Jesus Christ, Elvis, and Abraham Lincoln of martial arts, Lee would be a flea next to Seagal at 5 feet 7 inches and 130 lbs. But he was immensely strong. He trained more fanatically than anyone in the history of martial arts, mastering grappling, boxing, karate, kickboxing, footfighting, and other styles. Unlike the other actors, Lee loved to fight, instigating street fracases as a teen-ager in Hong Kong. And he was ruthless: He would as soon break an opponent’s arm as let him submit.
    The part about "Aikido being too stylized for a real showdown" applies to any fight...

Also it's just hard to take an article seriously when it discounts Chuck Norris because he's too old...but allows Bruce Lee...who had been dead for 20 years...

7+ Year Old Account
    Van Damme for sure.

Fighting for points who cares, thats what i said.

I would want to see a real fight between them, but it would never happen.

And if we are in pretend land, Chuck Norris would come and beat them both.
    Last edited by Bodonius; 2020-09-11 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Steven Seagal pooped his pants when being choked by a guy half his size. That’s really all I have to say on the topic... aside from Aikido being bullshit.
    Aikido vs MMA the bitch slap really makes this video.

Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Fighting for points who cares, thats what i said.

I would want to see a real fight between them, but it would never happen.
    You're the only person talking about "fighting for points"...

You're the only person talking about "fighting for points"...
    Well i guess im the only realist and boring person that took the topic serious.

The part about "Aikido being too stylized for a real showdown" applies to any fight...

Also it's just hard to take an article seriously when it discounts Chuck Norris because he's too old...but allows Bruce Lee...who had been dead for 20 years...
    Yeah but if this was Lee vs Norris...they fought in a movie...and the result was Norris getting his ass kicked and dead. I don't think anyone would think the result would be any different were Lee alive then.

I vote for whoever isnt vegan right now....