Exclamation What spec are you going to use to level up in Shadowlands?

Curious what people are going for and why?

I'm thinking of maining resto so feel like elemental would be optimal in terms of gear once I hit 60, but enhancement feels like it has so much more mobility and sustain with instant cast heals on the move, instant lightning bolts to pull mobs etc.

It'll be the first time I go through a new expansion with my shammy so curious what people with more experience are going for? I'm not looking for hardcore leveling speed, more from a perspective of having a fun and a fluid leveling experience
    MW Monk - Bilgamesh
    Resto shaman - Hexxtra - UI on Wowinterface
    Holy paladin - Kaytemoss - UI on Wowinterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhance. I've never leveled as anything but. If you plan on resto, ele is a good segue into it. Kill speeds are pretty good for both specs

Enhance is the best.

I'll also go resto, but I level enhancement. Like previous expansions, the gear you get while leveling is really quickly replaced at max level. Around level ~55 I'd set my loot spec to resto and pick up the right weapons and trinkets. Everything else will work well enough to start doing heroics and then mythics.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I'll also go resto, but I level enhancement. Like previous expansions, the gear you get while leveling is really quickly replaced at max level. Around level ~55 I'd set my loot spec to resto and pick up the right weapons and trinkets. Everything else will work well enough to start doing heroics and then mythics.
    That's a good tip! Think I'll go for that
    Been trying to go around and kill some mobs as Ele and it's such a pain compared to enhance...

Good luck tomorrow fellow shamans!
    MW Monk - Bilgamesh

I don't play Shaman anymore, but isn't Ele really good with AOE? As a mage main now, killing one mob at a time is literally the worst way to go about leveling. I would imagine elemental works kinda the same way, using Earth Elemental and Earthbind Totem to hold down groups of 5+.

Except for elites of course.

Resto like always, i dont care to bear tank, and feral and balance feel squishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    I don't play Shaman anymore, but isn't Ele really good with AOE? As a mage main now, killing one mob at a time is literally the worst way to go about leveling. I would imagine elemental works kinda the same way, using Earth Elemental and Earthbind Totem to hold down groups of 5+.

Except for elites of course.
    I mean enhancement is very decent as well... And while Ele is indeed good at burning down packs of mobs in a dungeon, it lacks the toolkit to set-up good AOE pulls... It doesn't even have a spammable spell that you can cast while moving to pull mobs a bunch of mobs.
    MW Monk - Bilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    A 'normal' leveling mob in SL lives for about 5-6 gcds or ~8 seconds (before dots or cleave) in 'appropriate' gear for a given zone (i.e worst gear then most people will be wearing for most of the leveling experience if they played bfa).

Because of the sheer triviality of leveling content (solo) leveling massively favors mobile burst specs over dot specs* or casters. IF you're leveling in a premade with a tank who can pull half a zone, superior aoe from casters would probably dramatically rise in value.

*Dot specs can kind ago either way, if you can survive pulling half the zone while dots burn the mobs down they can be solid but still inferior to pure burst in terms of speed.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?