Solution for the upcoming warmode problem?

As we move into BfA, we move away from the AP system for character progression.
    This was for the overwhelming majority of alliance players the only reason to turn WM on in the first place however (because of the 30% buff).
    My source for "overwhelming majority" is the fact, that the scaling buff had to be implemented in the first place.
    In addition to that alliance permanently got the quest "against overwhelming odds".
    This also goes away now.
    In addition to that, the WQ system changes a lot in SL, which much less, much longer WQs, that only offer cosmetic rewards (for the most time).

Looking back at the history of warmode this means that it will most likely be nearly 100% horde with almost no alliance participation. We had this situation in BfA already.

What do you think is a good way to fix this? What could be used as motivation for Alliance to turn WM on with the new equipment and character progressuon policies in mind?

Given it doesn't really offer much of anything in the way of power, & the stuff required for covenant progression comes in at a fairly decent pace anyway, I don't think there needs to be an incentive. After all, cowards get what they deserve.

There is no fix. It is a fundamental difference from the players. It won't change unless you give the alliance such a ridicoulus adavatage, that not playing with WM on would cripple them.

In the last patch i have seen way more alliance players btw.

I don't really see a problem given Blizzard's current implementation of warmode. Any warmode phase that has alliance in it will either be balanced or alliance will outnumber horde. The rest of the warmode phases will just be unopposed horde. The only thing unopposed horde gain is 10% world quest rewards and access to pvp talents. Meanwhile the alliance with warmode active have +20-30% world quest rewards.

It's never gonna be balanced anyway since there's simply more horde players around than alliance, so I think this compromise works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Given it doesn't really offer much of anything in the way of power, & the stuff required for covenant progression comes in at a fairly decent pace anyway, I don't think there needs to be an incentive. After all, cowards get what they deserve.
    Then you are missing the point of warmode. It does not matter if you hate alliance or think "cowards deverse nothing" and "there don't need to be an incentive".

The point of warmode is to let players engage in PVP combat. If no alliance plays, neither the horde nor the alliance are able to engage in PVP combat.
    This would mean that warmode fails.

The question therefore is not IF a incentive is needed, because this question has already been answered. An incentive is needed. The question is what it could be.

Please try to not approach this issue with the mentality that
    - Warmode has failed either way
    - It does not matter if one faction is not using it

Both are not productive assumption that do not help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I don't really see a problem given Blizzard's current implementation of warmode. Any warmode phase that has alliance in it will either be balanced or alliance will outnumber horde. The rest of the warmode phases will just be unopposed horde. The only thing unopposed horde gain is 10% world quest rewards and access to pvp talents. Meanwhile the alliance with warmode active have +20-30% world quest rewards.

It's never gonna be balanced anyway since there's simply more horde players around than alliance, so I think this compromise works fine.
    Same here.
    Also please read again the OP as to why 20-30% warmode rewards are not going to work out anymore in Shadowlands.

Besides that, the numbers for Alliance VS horde players are fairly even. There is just a huge discrepancy in the high end PVE community and most likely the avarage horde player has more "skill" in general, but this should not affect open world PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    As we move into BfA, we move away from the AP system for character progression.
    This was for the overwhelming majority of alliance players the only reason to turn WM on in the first place however (because of the 30% buff).
    My source for "overwhelming majority" is the fact, that the scaling buff had to be implemented in the first place.
    In addition to that alliance permanently got the quest "against overwhelming odds".
    This also goes away now.
    In addition to that, the WQ system changes a lot in SL, which much less, much longer WQs, that only offer cosmetic rewards (for the most time).

Looking back at the history of warmode this means that it will most likely be nearly 100% horde with almost no alliance participation. We had this situation in BfA already.

What do you think is a good way to fix this? What could be used as motivation for Alliance to turn WM on with the new equipment and character progressuon policies in mind?
    I turn it on and leave it on as its the only PVP I get in the last expansion since I did not Q for a single BG. That and the exp bonus is why I turned it on cannot stand leveling so any way to speed it up is a bonus for me.