Leveling in Shadowlands

Does anyone know if completing the ZONE CAMPAIGN will be relevant at endgame? As in, does it have to be completed to unlock anything? I know flying is locked behind renown but it's not locked behind completing zone campaigns like previous expansions is it?

I don't like questing at all, so just wanted to know if I'd be able to just spam dungeons without having to go back to do them?
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

First time leveling you'll have to finish all 4 zone campaigns, even if you hit 60 before finishing Revendreth. As an alt, if you choose the Fate thing, you can do whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by PointerToAddress View Post
    First time leveling you'll have to finish all 4 zone campaigns, even if you hit 60 before finishing Revendreth. As an alt, if you choose the Fate thing, you can do whatever you want.
    Why would you have to? What's locked behind jt? I mean, if i didn't do it what would I be missing out on?
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    Why would you have to? What's locked behind jt? I mean, if i didn't do it what would I be missing out on?
    i think it works like this: one character finished all the zones and then picks his covenant. THEN and only then, other chars from the same acc will be able to pick straight away

not a 100% on this since i don't play PTR o BETA, but it's what someone told me in another thread
    "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
    — Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)

15+ Year Old Account
    i think you need to complete the story to unlock the end level content, but I could be wrong.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Making sure you've actually seen all the story content and also ensuring you've managed to test drive each of the different covenant abilities before you have to make a choice (which for your first time levelling isn't an unreasonable stipulation to put in).

Once you've levelled to 60 you can choose to skip the campaign on alts and just level through dungeons, world quests etc (which again, more than fair).

Thanks everyone.

I will just put up with quests because it's not a thing I'll have to continue doing.

You need to have all 4 zone campaigns completed AND be lvl 60 to even unlock endgame content (on your first char).
    It's a built in roadblock. No finished campaign, no covenant for you.
    Btw, there also is another roadblock in maldraxxus. If you're not lvl 56 by the time you're done with maldraxxus' story, the game will not let you move on to ardenweald.

The above mentioned also applies to alts with which you have chosen to level up as if they were your first character. Only characters that do the alternate leveling path (which allows them to choose their covenant at lvl 50) do not have to do everything all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Btw, there also is another roadblock in maldraxxus. If you're not lvl 56 by the time you're done with maldraxxus' story, the game will not let you move on to ardenweald.
    This has been fixed, you can go to Ardenweald at 54 if you want to. Now the next roadblock is in Ravendredth, the NPC you have to kill in the Maw for the campaign doesn't respawn once killed so everybody is stuck (US & EU).

I am a little bit scared about the leveling because it frankly sucks on the beta. The experience from quests is not enough to reach 60 (hopefully they can tune that) but they seem to take ages to fix bugs that are blocking the mandatory campaign quests.