Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As long as I'm having fun playing WoW I couldn't care less who is working for Blizzard and who isn't.

And if I stop having fun then I will stop playing and move on.

Maybe I'm just too closed-minded, but there's just something about outing oneself as a blatantly racist, phobic bigot at every opportunity they get to type that makes it really, really hard to get behind any point the OP tries to make. Of all the legitimate and discussable ways one could make the point that Blizzard might be going in the wrong direction, or suffering some kind of conspiratorial inner turmoil, the best this guy can do is throw together a collage that, at worst, works entirely against him, and at best, doesn't do much more than foster and facilitate the very attitude he's trying to speak up against.

It's real sad. And it's probably not a goodbye. Because once this imminent ban runs its course, assuming it's not permanent, this guy will be back to put up another waiting room for his next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Maybe I'm just too closed-minded, but there's just something about outing oneself as a blatantly racist, phobic bigot at every opportunity they get to type that makes it really, really hard to get behind any point the OP tries to make. Of all the legitimate and discussable ways one could make the point that Blizzard might be going in the wrong direction, or suffering some kind of conspiratorial inner turmoil, the best this guy can do is throw together a collage that, at worst, works entirely against him, and at best, doesn't do much more than foster and facilitate the very attitude he's trying to speak up against.

It's real sad. And it's probably not a goodbye. Because once this imminent ban runs its course, assuming it's not permanent, this guy will be back to put up another waiting room for his next ban.
    Cry me a river. All I did was showcase the behavior of some devs online. They don't care about making a game, they care about spreading their message on a bigger platform, and saying you're tired of this blatant incompetence doesn't make me a bigot.

It also showcases how Morhaime didn't step down volunteraly, but probably of inner issues like this.

While I would totally agree that Blizzard is getting a little carried-away with pushing extremely Left perspectives, I think connecting that to Morhaime's departure is a pretty massive reach.

More than likely, he was given assurances during Activision's acquisition of Blizzard that they would still be able to operate independently. Thanks in large part to Kotaku, we know that wasn't the case, and it clearly put a ton of pressure on everyone. I think Morhaime probably bucked against the changes, causing Activision to cut him (giving him the opportunity to "retire" to save face, which is quite common for positions like his), so they could install J Allen Brack, who is clearly willing to do whatever Activision (or its shareholders) tells him.

I'm still eager to see whatever Bonfire Studios is working on, but it's pretty clear that in the case of Dreamhaven, Morhaime is taking some pretty obviously pot-shots at Activision, just in their mission statement.

Which, you know what? Good on him; he worked his ass off to make Blizzard the amazing developer it was, and at his age, to be willing to jump into the fray all over again is pretty fucking incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    It also showcases how Morhaime didn't step down volunteraly, but probably of inner issues like this.
    Actually the only thing your post showcases is that your arts and crafts skills need a bit of work.

Wouldn't be Allan Brack's first time running an MMORPG into the ground.

It is beyond me why that idiot got hired, let alone made CEO, in the first place. And yes, I genuinely do consider him an absolute idiot.

You are really reaching today. I clicked the link expecting some Mike Morhaime resignation letter, just got a handful of clips off employee's personal twitter accounts, and some NPCs race changing to help fit the newly available human customization options.

I don't even see how your link is even related to your disorganized rant that Blizzard is somehow a "weird cult."

You're the only person acting weird here, putting together a disorganized collage of random junk in a desperate bid to paint Blizzard unfavorably. Which shouldn't even be that hard, just go to something real, like how they had that whole scandal about not paying their employees enough.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-09-24 at 01:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Cry me a river. All I did was showcase the behavior of some devs online. They don't care about making a game, they care about spreading their message on a bigger platform, and saying you're tired of this blatant incompetence doesn't make me a bigot.

Wahhh the games bad because it's representative and inclusive wahhhh I dislike anyone that's not exactly like me wahhhhh

That's how this thread reads. Some devs choosing to make things that appeal to a wider audience isn't a reason the CEO leaving, nor is it a negative for the game. Just because the game now has some black NPC's (I know, black people obviously scare you, but don't worry they're just people too!) doesn't mean the game is getting worse. If you dislike the game, that's fine, the game won't always appeal to everyone. Just shut up and move on. Don't try and make it some homophobic race baiting topic. We get it, you dislike the game, blacks and LGBTQ+ people, thanks for letting us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Sheesh this thread is a low quality bait for sure.

I totally bet Morhaime left because Blizz pushed some female heroes in WoW.
    No man it was the non-toxic fathers and black people! The absolute horror! Obviously being non-toxic or black is political.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Yet another thread with manchildren showing just how fragile they can be.

If you're one of the people believing that representation in a game for 12+ people amounts to an " extreme leftist agenda", congrats, you a fucking racist pos and one of the reasons for why representation is important. Having it means fewer and fewer people will grow up to be like the OP.

- BuT MoSt Of ThEiR pLAyERs ArE WhItE HEtERoSeXUal GuYs cUz I KnOw THeSe ThInGs!!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-09-24 at 02:13 PM.

Probably, and I'm gonna enjoy watching these shits catch flak from the investigation into the company by the investors.
    And considering the imbalance in pay, I'd suspect we'll start seeing suites against some executives and developers in blizzard proper some time around spring next year.

Let them think they've won, the only thing they'll be left with is a crater and a mountain of punitive charges they'll spend the rest of their lives working to attempt to pay off.

I have my own problems with Golden and sometimes Blizzard's choices but don't make up shit just to try and push your narrative. It's honestly pathetic people would spread rumours like this.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2020-09-24 at 02:24 PM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

https://i.imgur.com/L2H7uUT.png

Well maybe you now know why Mike Morhaime left this cult and restarted a company. Activision took over this game and IP and is running it into the ground with incompetent people.

It is no longer a surprise Blizzard hires purely on political spectrum instead of competence, it should be no surprise either that the quality of their work has severely dropped.

The Activision is trying to destroy Blizzard to take over.

Goodbye.
    I think blizzard does a good enough job of fucking over blizzard ips that they dont need activisions help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Both Rob Pardo and Mike Morhaime "retired" and started their own company. What'd you think?
    Michael Jordan "retired" then signed up with Wizards. What do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

So what makes you think Morhaime agrees with your shitty views?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I think blizzard does a good enough job of fucking over blizzard ips that they dont need activisions help.
    which they do since activison is only interested in numbers

remember when blizzard cared about their games ? Yeah ? that was before Activision

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh neat, we playing spot the racist and/or sexist again!
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-09-24 at 02:46 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

What the actual hell?

No, Morhaim didn't leave the company cause of that.

Actually, i am uncomfortable cause this is hate speech.

His announcement said clearly that he wanted a development environment without short term financial pressures. You can blame Activision for that.
    Inclusiveness? No, that is not the reason and it's something to be happy about. You should be ashamed of yourself for pushing your twisted agenda.

Looks more like a post showing how Blizzard is pandering to the corrupt BLM zealots and alt-left pieces of shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    God fucking lord, the reactionaries are out in full force i see.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    Looks more like a post showing how Blizzard is pandering to the corrupt BLM zealots and alt-left pieces of shit.
    EDIT: Deleted my comment because i should not engage something like that
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2020-09-24 at 03:12 PM. Reason: frustration