Thread: Genshin Impact

It's still really dumb though. Guess we'll have to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    In other news, Floor 12 is so Zzzz.

It's another situation where it doesn't feel hard, it simply feels like they wanted to suck absolutely all the fun out of it. Even when I'm clearing a floor I just feel irritated.
    I havent even tried too much. Not sure how to build a second team. I do have 4 dps at 70 and 2 60 healers. I also forgot talents are a thing so that's another issue I have to contend with lol
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Totally disagree, the abyss is the only "fun" content because you actually have to build your team around what you face and use elemental bonuses and such.
    Compared to the rest of the game (including all bosses), it's completely different and isn't just about left clicking and it's really easy to lose a character there too and unlike in any other content, you can't revive them.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-29 at 11:09 AM.

Remember that you only have today and tomorrow left for wishing on the current character and weapon banner. On the 1st they will the swapped for the Zhongli banner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh oh.......

... i hope this is fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Uh oh.......

... i hope this is fake.
    aww .

But what about the weapons?

Btw, if these leaks are correct: whoever thought that Ganyu is like Amber as Frost is wrong.

See her Constellation 4 - heavily implies that it's a 15s duration spell and not a 2s duration spell like Ambers.
    So it's basically more like Xinqiu/Klee.
    But she is supposedly a 5* character.

Dew Drinker - Constellation Level 1
    Taking DMG from a Frost Flake Arrow or Its AoE DMG decreases enemies Cryo Res by 15% for 6s. A hit regenerates 2 Energy for Ganyu.
    This effect can only occur once per Frost Flake Arrow.

The Auspicious - Constellation Level 2
    Trail of The Qillin gains 1 additional charge.

Cloud Strider - Constellation Level 3
    Celestial Shower by 3.
    Maximum upgrade level is 15

Westward Sojourn - Constellation Level 4
    Enemies standing within the AoE of Celestial Shower take increased DMG taken begins at 5% and increases by 5% every 3s, up to a maximum of 25%.
    The effect lingers for 3s after the enemy leaves the AoE.

The Merciful - Constellation Level 5
    Increases the Level of Trail of the Qilin by 3.
    Maximum upgrade level is 15.

The Clement - Constellation Level 6
    Using Trail of the Qilin causes the next Frostflake Arrow to not require charging.

Passives:

Passive

Undivided Heart
    If the initial hit of Frostflake Arrow is a Crit Hit, then the AoE DMG afterward will also be a Crit hit.

Harmony of Heaven and Earth
    Characters within the radius of Celestial Shower gain a 20% Cryo DMG Bonus

Preserved for the Hunt
    Refunds 15% of the ores used when crafting Bow type weapons.

also suggest a long duration Burst skill.

If that's true, she is amazing for superconduct and freezing stuff.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-29 at 01:25 PM.

Considering you've only just beaten it now, it's pretty hard?
    And the hard part is always the stars because you need those to advance to the next floor, not the floor itself.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-29 at 05:49 PM.

Curious that Barb and Kaeya costs 50 when they've been 34 each month prior.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the Chinese community will throw up enough of a storm for Mihoyo to bring the prices back down, and give us 100 Primos as an apology if they're really 50.

Holy shit, the new weapon banner is awful. I am really wondering how many people, not counting the completionist whales, that will actually try to wish for something there.

Almost all the 4* weapons are bad and the 5* weapons are incredibly lackluster compared to the other 5* versions that exist.

I've never bothered with it before. It's not like I've been grinding away at it or something, or that I'm super high level and waited until then to steamroll it. Like I said, chamber 1 took a few attempts, chamber 2 was first try, and I haven't gone into 3 yet.

It's not like, "Woah, this is so hard!" it's just "Ugh, I can't even do half the fun stuff in the combat system." so it actually feels even more like a pure left-click stat check than previous floors. Floor 11 was actually pretty fun in comparison.

when I try to left click @ floor 12-1 all my characters will die in about 2 seconds.
    You are correct in saying it's not really fun because the ice debuff is probably the most un-fun mechanic in the whole game (just like every mechanic that reduces "haste" or "stamina" in games that use attackspeed/stamina values.
    But that's also what makes it extremely hard and bothering to get like 2 starts on each stage without good fire chars is pretty much pointless.
    In fact, even Klee is pretty bad at it because she has very low attack speed and is stamina hungry. The only fire character I can use there are Xiangling and Bennett, and only Bennett can truely deal fire damage on a regular basis. Xiangling is awful for the flowers as her E won't hit anything most of the time (her Burst is good though)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-29 at 06:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Holy shit, the new weapon banner is awful. I am really wondering how many people, not counting the completionist whales, that will actually try to wish for something there.

Almost all the 4* weapons are bad and the 5* weapons are incredibly lackluster compared to the other 5* versions that exist.
    Well Favonius Warbow is pretty good on Diona for example. Lion's Roar only on characters that deal Pyro or electro damage.
    Favonius Codex is garbage more or less (crafted Prototype Malice is better as it also heals as support).
    Dragon's Bane is meh and only good for support damage switch on xiangling.
    The Bell is garbage for most of the characters. Beidou is only character that benefits a little from it...but crafted 4 is better 100%

Vortex polearm is meh:
    https://zilliongamer.com/genshin-imp...anks-ascension

Claymore is probaly ok for character that lack any shields to prevent being interpted:

Also i think this will come out in next patch as crafted weapon:

Yeah, heard lots of whales saying this banner is a hard skip for them. Kinda weird 5* weapons on that one, not sure if they're as bad as people are saying but we'll see.
    Assuming the stats are the same as what was leaked before then they are quite bad. We've already had a banner with a claymore before (wolf's gravestone) which is quite frankly better in almost every way.

The only positive thing about this banner is the polearm. We haven't had a polearm in a limited banner yet so it is technically easier to get this 5* polearm than the one in the standard banner. However the Primordial polearm is better in terms of DPS so if you already have it there is no reason to wish for something in this banner.
    Well Favonius Warbow is pretty good on Diona for example. Lion's Roar only on characters that deal Pyro or electro damage.
    Favonius Codex is garbage more or less (crafted Prototype Malice is better as it also heals as support).
    Dragon's Bane is meh and only good for support damage switch on xiangling.
    The Bell is garbage for most of the characters. Beidou is only character that benefits a little from it...but crafted 4 is better 100%

Vortex polearm is meh:

Claymore is probaly ok for character that lack any shields to prevent being interpted:

Also i think this will come out in next patch as crafted weapon:
    The Favonius Warbow is not good for Diona. The Sacrificial bow is infinitely better since every hit of her E can reset the CD which is almost guaranteed with 5 hits.

Same with the 5* claymore. Why would you use this one instead of Wolf's gravestone? The effect is simply worse.
    Last edited by Lindon; 2020-11-29 at 06:49 PM.

The 5* weapons are especially bad because they only have 46 base attack. The sub stat is ATK%, so when you compare it to a 48 base attack weapon with crit% substat (like the 5* weapon from last time) you are basically trading like 250-330 attack for 22-33% crit

You have around 800 ish Base attack @ lvl 90 and a lvl 90 weapon with 46ATK base

The ATK-Substat will roll to ~50% at 90.
    So +400 ATK
    The Crit%-Substat on a 46ATK Weapon (hi @ Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds) will roll 33%

33% crit > 400ATK
    Not to mention that 40%ATK (320 ATK) < 32% Elemental DMG in that particular case

If we are looking at Polearms, both other options are much better.
    If we are looking at Claymores, Wolf is much better
    If we are looking at Bows (Albedo probably?), the one currently in the banner is much better.

I don't really value shield strength much, because if you use geo characters, you have more than enough shields and if you use characters such as Niona, she can apply the shield often enough for it to not matter.
    And there is a good universal shield boost set for DPS anyway.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-29 at 06:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Assuming the stats are the same as what was leaked before then they are quite bad. We've already had a banner with a claymore before (wolf's gravestone) which is quite frankly better in almost every way.

The only positive thing about this banner is the polearm. We haven't had a polearm in a limited banner yet so it is technically easier to get this 5* polearm than the one in the standard banner. However the Primordial polearm is better in terms of DPS so if you already have it there is no reason to wish for something in this banner.

The Favonius Warbow is not good for Diona. The Sacrificial bow is infinitely better since every hit of her E can reset the CD which is almost guaranteed with 5 hits.

Same with the 5* claymore. Why would you use this one instead of Wolf's gravestone? The effect is simply worse.
    Not true. Her CD on a skill is already pretty low. Its only a sec or 2 till it refreshes to be used again. You just gota lvl it to 7 at least.
    Sacrificial bow is only good till you get her up to that lvl. Then it will just mess your rotation and you will waste shield.

Not true. Her CD on a skill is already pretty low. Its only a sec or 2 till it refreshes to be used again. You just gota lvl it to 7 at least.
    Sacrificial bow is only good till you get her up to that lvl. Then it will just mess your rotation and you will waste shield.
    I think the deal is more about it dishing out more damage and regenerating just as much energy (for her at least) due to using 2 skills, which means double the amount of orbs.

Sacrifical has 44 Base attack compared to Favonius which has 41 Base attack.
    Infinitely better is a vast overstatement though, they are pretty much equal for what most people will do with her. Sacrificial is slighly ahead on all terms though and saying the Favonius Warbow is "not good" on her is just wrong.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-29 at 07:13 PM.

No, her cooldown is the same regardless of level. The only thing leveling does is increase the duration of her shield. I also think you are misunderstanding how to use her correctly. When you have the Sacrificial bow, you should use both charged instantly. The reason for this is the energy recharge. You will gain such a massive amount of energy that you almost keep her elemental burst active for extreme lengths of time.

The favonius is shit because you will not build Diona for crit. And even if you are, the energy you get from the proc is worse than the energy you gain from the sacrificial.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I think the deal is more about it dishing out more damage and regenerating just as much energy (for her at least) due to using 2 skills, which means double the amount of orbs.

Sacrifical has 44 Base attack compared to Favonius which has 41 Base attack.
    Infinitely better is a vast overstatement though, they are pretty much equal for what most people will do with her. Sacrificial is slighly ahead on all terms though and saying the Favonius Warbow is "not good" on her is just wrong.
    It entierly depends on how you define it. To me the Sacrificial is "infinitely" better.

Let's compare them:

Favonius (llvl 80):
    427 ATK
    55,9% Energy recharge

60% chance on crit to get 6 energy (12 sec cd)

Now considering you will basically never build Diona for crit the effect will almost definetly not provide anything. Even if you are building for crit then that would average out to 12 energy every 30 sec considering you'll never swap to her before the CD of E is over (15s).
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Sacrificial:
    523 ATK
    22,7% Energy recharge

40% chance to reset CD of E (30s cd)

This is quite simple to explain. Your E hits 5 times each hold which means you will almost always reset the CD of her E. That would mean you get 5 ice energy particles every 30 sec (15 energy) that also provides energy for your team.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

So you get roughly 100 less ATK, 25% more energy recharge and an effect that you will most likely not get any use out of from using the favonius over the sacrificial.
    This, in my book, means that the Sacrificial is infinitely better.
    Last edited by Lindon; 2020-11-29 at 07:46 PM.

If you don't build Diona with at least a bit of crit I wonder why you care for the ATK difference.

The orb from Favonius also generates 3,6 energy for your team too btw, not just 6 for Diona

And 22,7% vs 55,9% is 33% in my book, and not just 25%.

Considering that you aren't looking for damage if you ignore crit, that statgain alone is worth alot even if the bow had no talent at all.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-29 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    If you don't build Diona with at least a bit of crit I wonder why you care for the ATK difference.

The orb from Favonious also generates 3,6 energy for your team too btw, not just 6 for Diona
    Ye sorry, forgot to add that.

The thing is that you're getting to many different stats that don't work well together. If you build for HP for the shield and heal then crit won't do jack shit. If you build for crit then you're making her heal and shields be way worse. Even if you also do get a bit of crit on her you won't get enough crit to make her consistently crit with her 5 E hits all the time, further making the favonius worse than sacrificial.

If I look at her for support then I can certainly get enough crit% with HP% and or Healing% (Healing % is relatively useless though, at least on high and frequent healing numbers such as Bennetts and Dionas)

If I want her to deal damage with all support abilities however I can not. But the latter is god-roll gear, the other is "everyone has that gear".

I mean, my Bennett has 800atk and is still the most insane support character I currently own.
    Same thing could be used/done for Diona.

edit: don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pull for that bow in that banner, but it's like the next best alternative for a character such as her and you will hardly notice a difference if you use her as support only.
    The 33% extra energy recharge compared to sacrificial is worth a lot because it's pretty much all you want from her weapon.
    Most energy will come from your other party-characters anyway, depending on passives/chosen characters of course.

Unless energy recharge doesn't work on character passives/skills such as Klee's for example?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-29 at 08:59 PM.