Thread: Genshin Impact

My 14 year old daughter loves this game lol. All she asks for is money to buy "gem packs" in game for part of her Christmas gifts. Is it worth it to buy these packs? I've never played it obv and just noticed this thread lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    My 14 year old daughter loves this game lol. All she asks for is money to buy "gem packs" in game for part of her Christmas gifts. Is it worth it to buy these packs? I've never played it obv and just noticed this thread lol.
    As it is now, you spend the gems to basically gamble for items with different rarities. legendary items (5*) and epic (4*) items is what you are aiming for usually. The rates for receiving those are not good. You have a 0,6% chance to get a 5* and a 15 something percent to get a 4*. You however are guaranteed to get a 5* on your 90th roll if you haven't gotten one before that. You basically need to spend 150 dollars to get one 5* item guaranteed.

I think it depends on what your daughter expects and hopes for. If she is "fine" with not getting a 5* with the gems you bought for her then I'd say it might be fine. Just make sure she knows that getting anything in this game is pure luck and expensive as hell (for a game).
    Last edited by Lindon; 2020-12-02 at 02:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Answer is easy. NO!!!!!

Teach her that this game uses a gambling mehanics and its very dangerous to young people as they dont realize the value of money.
    Buy her a full game (that doesnt come with microtrash).

Also hide your credit card somewhere safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Then you are either shit at math or you've barely played the game.

You got roughly 40 rolls free directly from Mihoyo via mail and if you've played since the start of October you've received way, way more than 10k primogems from quests, events and chests.
    lets just correct you on something, the 'free rolls' you get from mihoyo were for the permanent banner and/or the noelle new player banner, if i add up ALL the wishes i have had across ALL banners then sure it comes to just shy of the number i quoted, i'm talking just on premium banner/weapon banner and it's literally impossible as a F2P account to have that many wishes with the free rolls and primogems offered to get that many rolls without some next level RNG luck, furthermore i have bought the 5 wish tokens from the store every month since the game released on top of the ones i have earned through playing and it doesn't even come close on the rotation banners, just counting my history right now and i have (as of this morning) 107 wishes on the rotating character banner, 6 on the rotating weapon banner and 37 on the perpetual banner not counting the few that were available on the noelle banner with the discount at the start because i don't remember how many it took for that but add those in and yeah, i must be doing something really wrong or maybe, i'm just not as lucky as this person i quoted and have not had anywhere near the amount of characters/weapons that could facilitate buying more wish tokens from the shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    How do you get primogems, again? (hint: buying it AND playing the fucking game)
    i have played since the 29th of septemeber, i have bought all the limited wish tokens from the shop each month for 2 months, i have not had enough stardust to get more than that, i have also completed almost 100% of currently available achievements in the game missing only the rng ones tied to specific daily commissions or some of the more time intensive ones tied to the spiral abyss, everything else i have done and i have said what my wish numbers are in another post, so you tell me how in the hell a F2P player like me who is AR 47/48 right now with some of the best geared characters the game has to offer is able to have the currency to buy all these wishes that you people seem to have no issue getting get then? because i'm at a loss honestly.

The chance is high that she doesn't get what she wants and asks for more money.

Depends what she wants, it can be between 100 dollars to thousands of dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i guess its time to get my world to next lvl (every character is lvl 79 -- that i play -- exept barbara)

Last edited by Yunru; 2020-12-02 at 05:08 PM.

Everytime I try leveling a new character it makes me hate the game more and more. Used condensed resin in rec lvl 88 skill book dungeon and get 4 blues and 5 greens. Should be getting atleast 8+ green books with a condensed at that lvl range if a purple isn't going to drop. Yay! 4 and 4 now...... and a 4 and 5 again /wrists.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-12-02 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Everytime I try leveling a new character it makes me hate the game more and more. Used condensed resin in rec lvl 88 skill book dungeon and get 4 blues and 5 greens. Should be getting atleast 8+ green books with a condensed at that lvl range if a purple isn't going to drop. Yay! 4 and 4 now......
    Eh i have to resist lvling anything new that i get. Heck i just got a 3th Ningguang from normal rolls. Even more now when i have to ascend 8 characters, before i hit ar 50 (-1 traveler as it doesnt need farming).

x20 boss items per character (they drop 2-3, maybe more on new world lvl, but not sure), so 8 runs at least per character (320 reshin) and then 8 times that.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    lets just correct you on something, the 'free rolls' you get from mihoyo were for the permanent banner and/or the noelle new player banner
    Let's correct your correction.

The free rolls you got from Mihoyo were: 20 limited banner rolls, 10 standard banner rolls and 1600 primogems. That was what you got. Nothing you received was limited to the Noelle banner.

Everytime I try leveling a new character it makes me hate the game more and more. Used condensed resin in rec lvl 88 skill book dungeon and get 4 blues and 5 greens. Should be getting atleast 8+ green books with a condensed at that lvl range if a purple isn't going to drop. Yay! 4 and 4 now...... and a 4 and 5 again /wrists.
    Uh, it can drop 2-3 greens and blues in one run, so why should it ever drop 8 with condensed resin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Everytime I try leveling a new character it makes me hate the game more and more.
    Getting the character you were hoping for or one you ended up liking always feels like a Pyrrhic victory. You then have to make the choice of either turning around and slogging your way back through upgrading the new character, or just gritting your teeth and pushing ahead with the characters your already have.

Can you imagine if they ever decided to raise the current world level and character level cap? Leveling a new character would become exponentially more tedious over time, unless they added some sort of catch-up mechanic.
    Last edited by RadasNoir; 2020-12-02 at 06:13 PM.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Can you imagine if they ever decided to raise the current world level and character level cap? Leveling a new character would become exponentially more tedious over time, unless they added some sort of catch-up mechanic.
    They definitely will, you can see up to AR60 on AR rewards bar. It's going to happen at level 55 or 60. But then that's months away, anyone will be able to level plenty of characters they want and stockpile for the mains by that point.

I'd say the $5 month pass for 30 days of gems is worth it. Shell still have to wait. The packs aren't that great. 1 time double bonus
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Getting the character you were hoping for or one you ended up liking always feels like a Pyrrhic victory. You then have to make the choice of either turning around and slogging your way back through upgrading the new character, or just gritting your teeth and pushing ahead with the characters your already have.

Or you really like the look of the character but don't like their voice or playstyle.

They really need to change shit if they want people to stick around and/or spend more money. Like why would anyone bother spending a hundred bucks trying to get super cool dude number 90 when it takes 4 months of farming to get him to lvl 200. Even right now there are people who wont invest in new chars because the resource cost is so ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Uh, it can drop 2-3 greens and blues in one run, so why should it ever drop 8 with condensed resin?
    I'm saying if you don't get a purple it should give you like double the greens or blues. You cant even turn 4 greens into a purple. At least you could craft a couple blues out of 8 greens. You no longer are investing 40-80 resin to level a skill but two or three times that at that point.

I'm saying if you don't get a purple it should give you like double the greens or blues. You cant even turn 4 greens into a purple. At least you could craft a couple blues out of 8 greens. You no longer are investing 40-80 resin to level a skill but two or three times that at that point.
    Well, I don't really disagree, but talents are the least oppressive of all the levelling systems as they are (aside of weapons, I guess). Like, you can level 1 skill to level 6 in 1 day even if you only drop 2 green/2 blue books every time (assuming you run 8 domains, you get 3 greens + 21 blues, which is exactly what you need for 1-6). Levelling 1-9 will take 3 days IF you don't ever drop 3 or a single purple. 3 days to get 3 skills to level 6 in the absolutely worst case isn't much, and anything beyond that is not guaranteed, since you need the drops from weekly bosses.
    And for 10 you need the crown, which we only got 1 so far, so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh nice:

Dear Travelers,

Thanks to everyone's love and support, Genshin Impact has recently received multiple awards, including the App Store's iPhone Game of the Year, as well as Google Play's Best Game of 2020.

To thank all of our Travelers for their support, we will be issuing a total of 800 Primogems during the period of December 3–6. Thank you for joining us on this journey!

*Reward details:

A reward of 200 Primogems will be sent daily via in-game mail from 2020/12/03 –⁠ 2020/12/06 at 00:00 local server time.

The rewards will be available to claim until the end of Version 1.1. Travelers at Adventure Rank 7 and above can collect the rewards via in-game mail, for a total of 800 Primogems.

Thank you all once again!

All in all, I suppose the biggest mark against her is she's not Diluc or Klee, and is much more defensive-based than either. I guess that doesn't bother me quite as much, since I tend to prefer tankier characters anyway.
    I'm actually planning to use Xinyan as my "downtime" dps for klee. Klee's damage comes from charged attacks mainly and unfortunately it's not really viable to spam it all the time and it also is really boring when you can. Definitely not the most optimal usage of her, but it's the best I got lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I might level Xinyan now that I got her, but damn I am sick of fire characters. I get zero cryo or anemo ones (because there's only one four star), they're all fire and electro (I would have rather gotten Razor, I did the test run with him and he feels much more fun).
    Razor is an absolute beast. However, he's 100% solo type character, so if that's your thing he's your guy. I prefer more reaction style gameplay so I benched him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    But the way you get to spam Klee's charge attack (and how you get the buff for it) is by keeping her on the field and hitting things.
    Yea you're right. I forgot to add that one part. I think her normal auto attacks are just...meh. I just don't find klee that fun to play. I don't really have a viable alternative to her though in that party (which consists of diona, klee, sucrose, venti currently). Having both sucrose and venti seems a bit overkill so was gunna take one of them out and get the pyro buff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    They definitely will, you can see up to AR60 on AR rewards bar. It's going to happen at level 55 or 60. But then that's months away, anyone will be able to level plenty of characters they want and stockpile for the mains by that point.
    I'm not so sure about that, but maybe Mihoyo is legit insane.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2020-12-02 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Yeah, lets math this out a little then...

Assume you get all 10 3* weapons from a 10 wish. 10 wishes = 150 dust. So you'd need to do 54 wishes to get that 800 dust, and that's assuming ALL weapon pulls.

So if you really only get 25 wishes for 2 months like zantos says, it would take you 4 months to get that 800 dust (again, assuming only shit weapons). That would put you at 50 wishes + the what... 12? 15? from the dust?

65 wishes. Wow. So many rolls.

Nah, what's more likely is that person paid the $5 for the daily gem bonus.
    Just to clarify, I haven't spent a single dollar on the game. I'm not opposed to it at some point in the future, but tbh the returns for spending aren't great and I don't particularly want any of the limited units atm. And the permanent 5 stars don't have a good way to get them yet.

I didn't math out my gems or anything, but I started at launch and they gave away quite a lot of gems for free at the start. I think I started too early for the 30 free rolls, but we probably got the equivalent in primogems. You're also missing a lot of the other sources of gems: login bonuses, events, chests, achievements etc. They're all small individually, but they add up.

My 200 rolls figure was an estimate, my history is showing 40-50 rolls on standard banner (mostly from acquainted fates from battle pass, monthly shop, level up rewards etc..). I was at about 70-80 rolls on Venti banner when I got him. And I've got roughly 70 rolls into pity on the limited banner atm. So call it 70 + 70 + 40 = 180 rolls. Then I did 20 rolls on the beginner banner for 200ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well i guess its time to get my world to next lvl (every character is lvl 79 -- that i play -- exept barbara)

why wait? I just increased mine last night with 2 dps at 80 a healer at 70 and another support at 70. No real difference in killing power that I saw. Nothing really got more challenging. Still drop like flies.

What stats do people think the new people character needs? She seems to scale with defense, but her skillset doesnt seem to be focused on support. Unless her shield can be used on others.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?