Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    And on top of that, the one thing he does do okay at is survivability, which we don't need. Nothing in the game is gated behind it. Only damage. It's all making sure to kill things before the timers end or even faster to get better rewards.

Survivability is a huge thing in abyss and high level domains.
    Shields basically increase your DPS output by immeasurable amounts. Diona in Abyss 12 is basically better than using a Pyro character - honestly (at least if you have a well equipped damage dealer).

It's the same with Xingqiu's E/Q ability.
    Depending on what team you run, you actually need his interrupt resistance which also directly translates into survivability unless you like being pushed around and exploding every 0,5s while standing in Bennetts ult when you fight CinCin Mages, effectively dealing 0 dmg to them.

Not to mention that some things literally one shot a very well equipped DPS character.
    Especially characters like Klee who have low base health amounts.

If Zhongli would be a pyro character, everyone would run him as sub-dps btw.
    If he were Ice/Water, everyone would run him as aura support.
    They need to buff Geo, unless a geo-character is strictly overpowered, you might as well just run Ning.

Shields should work like the new guitar-girl shield.
    They should deal element damage (of the type of the shield) to surrounding enemies.
    That way Geo-characters would be great aura-support and it would actually be useful to use elemental mastery (at least it wouldn't be useless) if it buffs that damage.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-04 at 08:30 AM.

Im using Zhongli with crescent pike

Cescent pike needs to catch particles to be the best DPS weapon on the entire game for him...
    So im using Xingqiu with sacrificial sword and 4 piece Noblesse Oblige...Burst and switch to Zhongli crescent pike...UGGGHHH so good!!!!

I made a small video :3 im so excited for him <3

Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-12-04 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im using Zhongli with crescent pike

Cescent pike needs to catch particles to be the best DPS weapon on the entire game for him...
    So im using Xingqiu with sacrificial sword and 4 piece Noblesse Oblige...Burst and switch to Zhongli crescent pike...UGGGHHH so good!!!!

I made a small video :3 im so excited for him <3
    Meanwhile my Klee bursts this mob in seconds...

Managed to beat floor 10 with 0 stars (lol). I realy lack in relics and it shows. Childe was doing patetic damage, but at least any type of shield went down super fast.
    But at least my Noelle got a pretty good upgrade from a box.

Lvl increase realy hinders the damage from characters. (and i am sure you need at least every relic lvl 18 for this)

Oh, he was still lvl 70 on the video and without talents leveled i really hope he gets better with time and care
    But i agree i wished he was more overpowered

His charge attack is so awesome to dodge attacks

Anyone else notice how hard it is to get those gemstones for acension? Like, the highest tier ones always seem to be hard to get. The chunks for example. They say they can drop from bosses, but across all of the bosses I have done, which has to be near 80 by now, I haven't seen a single chunk actually drop. Only ever the fragments. Makes me worried trying to farm for the gemstones when that time comes. It may end up being that I need to farm 54 chunks, with only a few per boss kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, he was still lvl 70 on the video and without talents leveled i really hope he gets better with time and care
    But i agree i wished he was more overpowered

His charge attack is so awesome to dodge attacks
    Well i am holding my primos to see what is the next banner. Dont want to roll him out by accident.

Also next patch for every lvl 70 ascended character we get 3 free rolls on normal banner, so dont waste to much on shop.
    29 rolls for me so far

Travelers will be rewarded with 1 Acquaint Fate each time they ascend a character at level 20, 50, or 70!

So i think i will lvl the rest of my backup characters to at least lvl 20 ascension. Its pretty cheap. (10 in total)
    Amber will finaly be usefull for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I do think people are being overly dramatic about Zhongli.

Everyone expects every new character to just be "Geo Diluc" or "Electro Diluc" or whatever, and not every character is going to be (or needs to be) that.
    The problem is that Zhongli is worse than the majority of 4* characters at their specific role. There is no reason to ever use him unless you're massively overgearing the encounters and can do whatever you want.

Is it just me or is co-op like...completely broken. Everything is just so janky. Enemies teleporting all the place, sounds being all distorted...And no it's not lag on my part.

What do you guys think of this team? Is it overkill?
    Double fire with heavy HEAVY shielding going on...all to support Crescent Pike Zhongli...particle generation with Xingqiu burst and switch to Zhong long dong.

ok, coop is legit garbage.

Double fire with heavy HEAVY shielding going on...all to support Crescent Pike Zhongli...particle generation with Xingqiu burst and switch to Zhong long dong.
    Shield absorption doesn't stack, in case you weren't aware. That is, if you have two (or more) shields up and get hit, both shields lose that amount of HP. If you alternate them, that may not be an issue.

I haven't actually used any of those characters too much. I know Xingqiu and Bennett are considered great supports so probably can't go wrong with those.. I admit I don't know Xinyan too well, but I imagine you have enough defenses/healing that you might be able to get more out of someone else. Double Pyro does give you the +25% ATK resonance and I believe it will increase the amount of energy both Pyro users get, but is that more useful than say having a second Geo for its resonance and to increase the energy Zhongli gets?

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    ok, coop is legit garbage.
    It's all local hosted stuff, like WC3 battle net was. If the people you match with are on the other side of the country with crappy PCs/phones/whatever, the game struggles to keep track and sync. Could be low ping rate, ONE person in the group on mobile with shit connectivity, etc. If it's not perfect, you get a bad time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    The problem is that Zhongli is worse than the majority of 4* characters at their specific role. There is no reason to ever use him unless you're massively overgearing the encounters and can do whatever you want.
    This isn't even true.

Besides that, he absolutely has a place: coop. You don't need two dedicated healers, but one healer often times isn't enough because people build their supports last. Every time I've had a zhongli in my squad for pyro witch artifact farming, I get to use diluc and ignore the overload mechanic. He has better DPS than chongyun/kaeya/whoever else ice people exist that can do dmg, he has shields that basically negate the dumb mechanics in the game, which also enables WAY higher DPS on the team's part... Why would you not want 2.9 DPS and a healer instead of 2 supports and 2 mediocre DPS options? My fastest clear times have been with zhonglis and we've always ended in full HP.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    It's all local hosted stuff, like WC3 battle net was. If the people you match with are on the other side of the country with crappy PCs/phones/whatever, the game struggles to keep track and sync. Could be low ping rate, ONE person in the group on mobile with shit connectivity, etc. If it's not perfect, you get a bad time.
    It's their servers and they are absolute trash. I have a friend in the same state I play all sorts of games with and we typically have next to zero latency and no lag issues when either of us hosts something and the other is playing, but Genshin just constantly desyncs and lags to all hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Also next patch for every lvl 70 ascended character we get 3 free rolls on normal banner, so dont waste to much on shop.
    29 rolls for me so far

Travelers will be rewarded with 1 Acquaint Fate each time they ascend a character at level 20, 50, or 70!
    Good news for folks like me whose long-term goal is to eventually level up everyone anyway. I might park at my current World Level/Adventure Rank and just get everyone up to 70, at least. Already my sole motivation for advancing through the Adventure Ranks was primogens and free Acquaint Fates. One can already get a decent amount of primogens from doing dailies and the non-stop events, and it's sounding like it will be quicker and easier to get Acquaint Fates from leveling characters, as opposed to slowing grinding through Adventure Ranks.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's their servers and they are absolute trash. I have a friend in the same state I play all sorts of games with and we typically have next to zero latency and no lag issues when either of us hosts something and the other is playing, but Genshin just constantly desyncs and lags to all hell.
    The last Co-op event went perfectly fine for me.
    Didn't even have the de-sync issue where enemy position is different for each player.

I don't know why you are looking at particle generation so much.
    Zhongli can probably do that on his own for the pike.
    But the supports aint bad - I'd put in an electro-aura support like Fischl though.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-05 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post

Besides that, he absolutely has a place: coop. You don't need two dedicated healers, but one healer often times isn't enough because people build their supports last. Every time I've had a zhongli in my squad for pyro witch artifact farming, I get to use diluc and ignore the overload mechanic. He has better DPS than chongyun/kaeya/whoever else ice people exist that can do dmg, he has shields that basically negate the dumb mechanics in the game, which also enables WAY higher DPS on the team's part... Why would you not want 2.9 DPS and a healer instead of 2 supports and 2 mediocre DPS options? My fastest clear times have been with zhonglis and we've always ended in full HP.
    Last time I ran with a Zhongli, they were the first, and only one, to die in the group. One before that died too. So either how to play him isn't well known or his shield isn't as strong as they believe and just eat it.

My team is Sucrose, Barbara, Fischl and Xizngling. Sucrose has 2pc anemo artifact set and mapa mare, so she hits like a truck. Combine my high level Xianglings fire damage and Fischl with high elemental mastery, and my team just wrecks anything. Xianglings E is on such a short cd that Sucrose is basically always causing some type of reaction damage. Though my Sucrose is C6 so that may attribute to it.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2020-12-05 at 09:49 AM.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Good news for folks like me whose long-term goal is to eventually level up everyone anyway. I might park at my current World Level/Adventure Rank and just get everyone up to 70, at least. Already my sole motivation for advancing through the Adventure Ranks was primogens and free Acquaint Fates. One can already get a decent amount of primogens from doing dailies and the non-stop events, and it's sounding like it will be quicker and easier to get Acquaint Fates from leveling characters, as opposed to slowing grinding through Adventure Ranks.
    This is what I'm doing. Got 4 80's 3 70's, and a 60 I'm working on. Once I get characters and weapons up to where I want, farm a bajillion artifacts. I really really want Ganyu when she shows up though, so I should probably save for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well i am holding my primos to see what is the next banner. Dont want to roll him out by accident.

29 rolls for me so far
    Where did you find this info? Also, is it only for those at 70 at the time the patch goes live or some kind of continuous reward for anytime you hit level 70 with someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's literally unplayable. I can't even dodge properly cuz shit does dmg 10 seconds before it actually appears. It's so bad that I see players attacking the fcking air 50 miles way from where I see the mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Where did you find this info? Also, is it only for those at 70 at the time the patch goes live or some kind of continuous reward for anytime you hit level 70 with someone?
    https://forums.mihoyo.com/genshin/article/97951

There was also a leak a while ago that had a screenshot on this system. Its not just those as reward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    It's literally unplayable. I can't even dodge properly cuz shit does dmg 10 seconds before it actually appears. It's so bad that I see players attacking the fcking air 50 miles way from where I see the mobs.
    I have to leave any russan groups as soon as i see they have a low ping as i know they will lag me.