Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Shield absorption doesn't stack, in case you weren't aware. That is, if you have two (or more) shields up and get hit, both shields lose that amount of HP. If you alternate them, that may not be an issue.

I haven't actually used any of those characters too much. I know Xingqiu and Bennett are considered great supports so probably can't go wrong with those.. I admit I don't know Xinyan too well, but I imagine you have enough defenses/healing that you might be able to get more out of someone else. Double Pyro does give you the +25% ATK resonance and I believe it will increase the amount of energy both Pyro users get, but is that more useful than say having a second Geo for its resonance and to increase the energy Zhongli gets?
    No way!! So sad! Shields dont stack???
    Im so sad now.

The idea is garbage then...

Can i get confirmation of this? I dont seem to find any information on the internet
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-12-05 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im so sad now.

Can i get confirmation of this? I dont seem to find any information on the internet
    Read a confirmation from customer service a month or two ago that all shields take damage at the same time.

I'd honestly go with 2 geo 2 fire if you play Zhongli because crystalize will mess up all elemental interactions anyway.
    That way you will at least get 15% elemental damage 25% atk and the extra energy recharge rates
    Since the new fire-shield girl actually buffs physical damage by quite a lot, she will fit zhongli's DPS role.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-05 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Read a confirmation from customer service a month or two ago that all shields take damage at the same time.

I'd honestly go with 2 geo 2 fire if you play Zhongli because crystalize will mess up all elemental interactions anyway.
    That way you will at least get 15% elemental damage 25% atk and the extra energy recharge rates
    Since the new fire-shield girl actually buffs physical damage by quite a lot, she will fit zhongli's DPS role.
    Thanks for the info TvT
    I really want to use Xingqiu...so ill just go back to playing with Diluc instead of the shield fire guitar girl

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    It's all local hosted stuff, like WC3 battle net was. If the people you match with are on the other side of the country with crappy PCs/phones/whatever, the game struggles to keep track and sync. Could be low ping rate, ONE person in the group on mobile with shit connectivity, etc. If it's not perfect, you get a bad time.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't even true.

Besides that, he absolutely has a place: coop. You don't need two dedicated healers, but one healer often times isn't enough because people build their supports last. Every time I've had a zhongli in my squad for pyro witch artifact farming, I get to use diluc and ignore the overload mechanic. He has better DPS than chongyun/kaeya/whoever else ice people exist that can do dmg, he has shields that basically negate the dumb mechanics in the game, which also enables WAY higher DPS on the team's part... Why would you not want 2.9 DPS and a healer instead of 2 supports and 2 mediocre DPS options? My fastest clear times have been with zhonglis and we've always ended in full HP.
    I'm sorry but it is true. The numbers just don't support him being that good.
    True, he can give shields, but that is also all he can do well. It is not something that i wanted nor needed in Genshin. Outside of that he is quite litterally a bad energy battery, he is a bad burst support due to his ability damage being awful and his physical dps is on par with Xiangling but since she has better skills he's still worse than her.

There is not a single instance where Zhongli would outperform most of the good 4* characters. Sticking your head in the sand and convincing yourself it is not true does not affect what he can actually do. He's bad, simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    she will fit zhongli's DPS role.
    Xinyan is not a good DPS. Her attack speed is abysmal in conjunction with her multipliers. The thing she can do however is function as a burst support IF you have C2.
    Last edited by Lindon; 2020-12-05 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im so sad now.

It was answered in the second half of this article, which is likely the one KrayZ33 mentioned: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/6085

I also at one point was planning to run a team that involved a few shields to help preserve Serpent Spine stacks, but yeah, that fell through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you guys know Venti is worse than Sucrose (or heck even Jean/traveler) in one simple thing.

His wind simply cant move anything like Klee bombs, Xiangling bear or Ambers doll.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post

Xinyan is not a good DPS. Her attack speed is abysmal in conjunction with her multipliers. The thing she can do however is function as a burst support IF you have C2.

I meant: She will buff Zhongli's physical DPS, who, as a DPS, will do mostly physical damage.

He wants to play with Zhongli + Crescent Pike. So he has to be the DPS.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-05 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So in everyone's opinion, what the easiest domain to farm to throwaway artefacts to feed to 5-stars?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Did you guys know Venti is worse than Sucrose (or heck even Jean/traveler) in one simple thing.

His wind simply cant move anything like Klee bombs, Xiangling bear or Ambers doll.
    Honestly that sounds like a win, I can't imagine every using any of those 3.

Venti is also one of the best characters in the game, so I'm guessing you're just trying to be funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Honestly that sounds like a win, I can't imagine every using any of those 3.

Venti is also one of the best characters in the game, so I'm guessing you're just trying to be funny.
    Venti: What is my job?
    Me: To spam Wind's Grand Ode and switch
    Venti: Oh my god.

He is usless as damage dealer tho. (even if he has better stats)
    https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/char/venti/
    https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/char/fischl/

Yeah, you don't run Venti for damage. You run in to pull the entire room in a domain and then light it on fire or charge it with electricity and be done with the domain.

He's not good as a carry dps. He is broken as a support dps though.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    So in everyone's opinion, what the easiest domain to farm to throwaway artefacts to feed to 5-stars?
    I don't know why you'd do that but the geo-sets and the black/blue ones are easy.

But... just farm the sets you need and want? Every domain drops throwaway-loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends entirely on what characters you have.
    Imo, the geo, viridescant, and lightning are all super easy, but I also run with some pretty good characters.

But just do the ones you need to do for gear anyway

Edit: On a related note I just got chungus.. Probably going to spam the fire dungeon for a bit now so I can gear my Diluc
    Last edited by Temp name; 2020-12-05 at 07:53 PM.

Yeah at this point I'm gonna need to see some of these "the numbers just aren't there" proof.

Zhong has the single highest scaling ult I've seen on a character's tooltip.
    His shields are the strongest in the game.
    His AAs are just fine dmg wise.

That person that said "people just want everyone to be the 'diluc' of <insert element here>" is probably right. That's what people really want from 5*s. They can go fuck themselves. Diluc should be the only Diluc. Not everyone needs to hemorrhage damage. That should be a unique characteristic.

Well, that video basically shows that he is a great support character

But not taking damage is not a hard thing on floor 12.
    Diona shield absorbs like 15k HP every 6-15s too since all damage is ice there and the only Fatui you can't really dodge is ice too.

But I agree.

His press-E could do more damage OR have a wider radius, that's where I would critique him. Although it's a simple fire-and-forget off-field damage source, which fits with his design. Also, his Q does a ton of damage without needing a reaction setup.

The CC is useful, and his shielding is potent, and both of these are good examples of effects that are hard to quantify
    This pretty much sums it up what I think about Zhongli.
    I was very disappointed in the resonance-range. That's not hitting a lot for the amount of time you spend setting that up.
    Especially when mobs keep spawning in all edges of the room.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-05 at 10:16 PM.

Well on Floor 12 her shield is stronger because it's ice.
    And I have no idea how much picked up shields actually hold up for.

With Zhongli, it's basically "really good survivability for everything - but no element"

the other shield characters:
    With "Diona/Insert element shield character here", it's basically "really good survivability for ice enemies - and ice/X element"

That basically means that he is one of the best F2P characters btw (you don't have to spend 4x the amount of ressources for each element shield-character). And that's something some lesser viewed youtubers said from before his release because they already saw his potential with the Geo Traveler (who is also underrated) and the fact that he can use polearms - and I agree with that.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-05 at 10:25 PM.

Any domain you're already farming for artifacts imo. There are also a ton all over Liyue in treasures. 30k artifact exp a day if you find them all

- - - Updated - - -

Her constant swirl damage to me seems like a good reason for her higher dmg imo
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Yeah at this point I'm gonna need to see some of these "the numbers just aren't there" proof.

Zhong has the single highest scaling ult I've seen on a character's tooltip.
    His shields are the strongest in the game.
    His AAs are just fine dmg wise.

That person that said "people just want everyone to be the 'diluc' of <insert element here>" is probably right. That's what people really want from 5*s. They can go fuck themselves. Diluc should be the only Diluc. Not everyone needs to hemorrhage damage. That should be a unique characteristic.
    I'd say in a game that is currently all about dishing as much damage as possible as fast as possible, I'd say it's pretty logical for people to expect an expensive character (yeah, potentially free, but also potentially stupidly expensive) to be at least relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

As someone who "mains" Diluc, I don't want 4 of him. I want the one I have and 3 people that best support him.