Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Let's talk about something else yea? No new 4* in this next banner apparently. Easy pass for me then, unless it's going to have at least 2 4* that I care about which at this point is very unlikely.
    Well wait i guess. Its possible we will see this info tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well wait i guess. Its possible we will see this info tommorow.
    Wasn't it leaked it's Albedo/Fischl/Bennett?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Honestly...i heard about 2 different leaks.

1 says there will be new 4 stars
    The other one i mentioned in my post i think it was suspiciously from 4chan or whatever that sites name.

so im kinda lost now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    None of the leaks provided any datamined info.. so hard to say. And they can always change it on last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Honestly...i heard about 2 different leaks.

1 says there will be new 4 stars
    The other one i mentioned in my post i think it was suspiciously from 4chan or whatever that sites name.

so im kinda lost now
    It's been confirmed that there's no new 4 star. No confirmation on what 4* there will be though I don't think. I guess it depends on how Albdeo is if I'm gunna roll on this or not, he does look pretty strong burst dps...like really really really strong.

I wouldnt mind at all if the leak of Kaeya, Amber Sucrose was a thing for Albedo banner.
    Kaeya was my first main
    Amber is known to be F tier so i naturally like her
    Sucrose is just amazing
    Amber is great imo. Easiest archer to disable golems for me. For some reason I miss on Diona like 10 plus times before I can disable em while on Amber I can land my 2 shots right away. Too many people use archers as base attack users instead of their charged shots and so think she's bad because her attack isn't as fast. Unfortunately I haven't been able to use her much lately as all my teams are set up atm to farm specific things.

Kaeya is great also my lvl 60 lvl 3 talent one is the brunt of my cryo interactions for lvl 90 pyro artifact dungeon. I should start investing more in him. If there is a banner with him in it and I get a few copies I probably will then.

MiHoYo does a good job stop at leak.
    We still don't know the 4 stars for the next banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    None of the leaks provided any datamined info.. so hard to say. And they can always change it on last day.
    Alright, the banner artwork I saw seemed pretty legitimate, so I thought this might be it. Also, Fischl seems to be a very good choice for a banner with no new 4*, since she's very popular and just had an event, and with her huge constellations many people may be willing to roll more for C6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I still don't know if I should pull banners with Kaeya, Amber and Lisa.

With my unbelievable luck, I bet that I will get C6 on them with no other 4 stars.

Don't think we got the 4 stars until a day or two prior to the new banner last time, I wouldn't mind Kaeya. I'd like a Cyro primer.

I wouldnt mind at all if the leak of Kaeya, Amber Sucrose was a thing for Albedo banner.
    Kaeya was my first main
    Amber is known to be F tier so i naturally like her
    Sucrose is just amazing
    I wouldn't want any of those. Sucrose was already in a very recent banner with Klee. I already have her at c6 thanks to trying for klee.

So, how does crystalize work? Im trying to make a 100% uptime on Noelles Q build and I cant figure out crystalize. Never really done anything with geo before, so I have literally no idea how to activate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I wouldn't want any of those. Sucrose was already in a very recent banner with Klee. I already have her at c6 thanks to trying for klee.

So, how does crystalize work? Im trying to make a 100% uptime on Noelles Q build and I cant figure out crystalize. Never really done anything with geo before, so I have literally no idea how to activate it.
    For Crystalize to work, you need to land a Geo attack on an enemy (or object) already affected by another Element. This creates an elemental crystal on the ground that applies a shield when picked up.

Note that Geo characters can't really activate Crystalize by themselves, except maybe on Slimes (that always carry an Element) or when the environment applies an Element on enemies (such as rain or a bonfire). The rest of the time, you'll need other team members to apply the Element.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardi View Post
    For Crystalize to work, you need to land a Geo attack on an enemy (or object) already affected by another Element. This creates an elemental crystal on the ground that applies a shield when picked up.

Note that Geo characters can't really activate Crystalize by themselves, except maybe on Slimes (that always carry an Element) or when the environment applies an Element on enemies (such as rain or a bonfire). The rest of the time, you'll need other team members to apply the Element.
    Got ya. That explains it. I used Xainglings and Fischls E attacks and it was using the reaction as opposed to Noelle. I think I got it figured out. Now to find a way to get favonious greatsword so I can spin to win!
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Just installed it on my phone. Kinda promising, didn't expect that there is a PC version. Got like 2 hours of game play, but cannot continue on a phone. That stuff just isn't for me.

Is it actually worth in terms of it's quality as an RPG?

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Just installed it on my phone. Kinda promising, didn't expect that there is a PC version. Got like 2 hours of game play, but cannot continue on a phone. That stuff just isn't for me.

tbh, no. you shouldn't bother starting this game.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    tbh, no. you shouldn't bother starting this game.
    Any specific reasons as to why?

To go against dk3790, absolutely. You get a choice in dialog in most cases, though it wont change the outcome. The story is pretty interesting thus far and there are lots of side quests you can do with more stuff being added on the 23rd. Gameplay is solid and focuses on using elemental reactions.

Any character can be built up to be strong enough to be competitive. Playing with friends is also about to get a lot easier as well. Id say its very much worth it. I still play it every day. Just remember to try to limit spending if that is a problem for you, though you really don't have to spend anything to begin with.

The only real downsides I have seen is some of the reward scaling sucks. Like for doing the 4 dailies.

To go against dk3790, absolutely. You get a choice in dialog in most cases, though it wont change the outcome. The story is pretty interesting thus far and there are lots of side quests you can do with more stuff being added on the 23rd. Gameplay is solid and focuses on using elemental reactions.

Any character can be built up to be strong enough to be competitive. Playing with friends is also about to get a lot easier as well. Id say its very much worth it. I still play it every day. Just remember to try to limit spending if that is a problem for you, though you really don't have to spend anything to begin with.

The only real downsides I have seen is some of the reward scaling sucks. Like for doing the 4 dailies.
    I'm mostly looking for a story based RPG after the Cyberpunk disaster. I get that Genshin is F2P and probably finances itself with some lootbox or gatekeep system. But if it has a good story and you can actually finish the story of the game I wouldn't mind spending some money until I reach a regular investment of a normal AAA game.

What I wanna avoid is a time sink game like WoW.

I'm mostly looking for a story based RPG after the Cyberpunk disaster. I get that Genshin is F2P and probably finances itself with some lootbox or gatekeep system. But if it has a good story and you can actually finish the story of the game I wouldn't mind spending some money until I reach a regular investment of a normal AAA game.

What I wanna avoid is a time sink game like WoW.
    Well, the story isn't all there yet. We have the story for 2 areas with more coming in the future as new areas are added in. So, if you want to have the main story 100% completed, its going to be awhile for that to be achieved here. Though I do enjoy the story and there certainly is an over arching story present. There are plenty of side quests to do as well. Most quests have voice acting, and all of the story quests certainly do.

Now, the gatekeep system is there for everyone. Can't really get around it. Its their resin system. You could get more resin with money, but only 5 times a day. The current theory is its there due to Chinese anti addiction laws forcing any game to be developed there to have something that "limits" the game play to force people to go outside.

The lootbox is present, but its not in your face. It can be 100% ignored. In fact, there are some people who do just that for added challenge. The best value is certainly the $5 a month card. 30 days and you get 90 of their gems once a day. Plenty of events that reward more gems as well.

Well, the story isn't all there yet. We have the story for 2 areas with more coming in the future as new areas are added in. So, if you want to have the main story 100% completed, its going to be awhile for that to be achieved here. Though I do enjoy the story and there certainly is an over arching story present. There are plenty of side quests to do as well. Most quests have voice acting, and all of the story quests certainly do.

Now, the gatekeep system is there for everyone. Can't really get around it. Its their resin system. You could get more resin with money, but only 5 times a day. The current theory is its there due to Chinese anti addiction laws forcing any game to be developed there to have something that "limits" the game play to force people to go outside.

The lootbox is present, but its not in your face. It can be 100% ignored. In fact, there are some people who do just that for added challenge. The best value is certainly the $5 a month card. 30 days and you get 90 of their gems once a day. Plenty of events that reward more gems as well.
    I'll ask Merkel for an exception to let me play outside

I think I'll just wait. For me it's right now not so much about playing daily quests etc. I want to enjoy a good game from start to finish in this lock down period. I think I'll whip out a new round of FFX and continue to lurk the RPG market some more.

Thanks for the run down here bud