Thread: Genshin Impact

A daily quest took me to this Chinese mountain pillars with rope bridges. Reminds me of Forbidden Valley from Lego Universe. Probably my favorite area in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    no im saying name a Game that is SUB free, that isnt P2W in the MMO Genre
    This is a losing proposition. There are far too many personal definitions to what P2W means. No matter what game I put, you or someone else will say "well what about ....." and say it fits your/their definition of it. It happens in every thread this topic is brought up. Besides, you're the one making the claim it's up to you to prove it, not for me to disprove it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    As someone who's a really focused on combat and game mechanics, when does this game really start to kick in?
    Combat is pretty much the same throughout. Constantly switch between your four party members to use their abilities on cooldown and to chain elemental combos, when everything is on cooldown switch to your highest DPS character and do normal attacks. There is a little bit of building your character by obtaining and crafting items sets, like stacking elemental mastery on the main character to make their Wind Blade deal a ton of damage, or crit builds so your normal attacks do a lot more damage, but nothing too elaborate.

The game is more fun when you play with other people, but as of right now there isn't any incentive to group up with other people. There have been rumors of 8 man content.

The grind isn't horrid, but it is still a grind (doing dailies and leveling up to unlock the next part of the story). If you don't care for the story, then the only question is: do you like the gameplay? If not, then there isn't really any reason to stick around.

Combat kicks in when more enemies with shields and geo shields and abilities join.
    Most of that is post-stormterror.

That's when you truely need to swap characters properly to make progress in time.

3+ Year Old Account
    hmm... Venti looks like his ult is spammable if there's around 5 or more enemies, gonna use him often when I genocide some Hillchurl villages

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    was released on IOS/Android, with in app purchases that lead to ease of access and made everything easier for the player to adventure/play the game,
    but they're all just cosmetics that have nothing to do with winning the game
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So how is the monetisation in this game? Just did my first hour and the first impression I got was really damn positive. This could be a good one for me personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    So how is the monetisation in this game? Just did my first hour and the first impression I got was really damn positive. This could be a good one for me personally.
    It's kind of bad. The Resin system and the Constellation system are the two key factors that I have a problem with in this game. So much character progression is locked behind the terrible mobile stamina system that is Resin, which you can pay $ to speed along for the day! And the constellations are mostly only bad due to them being more of the make/break character power more so than the rarity of characters. If you pull a duplicate character, you can unlock an extra power for them, up to 6 extra duplicates. Wanna go for the C6 5* character? Haha, good luck or be ready to pay a LOT of money.

Thankfully, at base power levels, I've found that gearing up characters does more for character power than the difference between 4* and 5*, so at least there's that?

Got my first legendary/orange piece of gear last night and of course its the same artifact as a purple I had to 10+ was hoping to get the 4 set of gladiator but keep getting the same 2 parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Who enjoys using Ningguang?

So far my team is Ningguang, Xiangling, Qiqi, and Fischl. Good cover of elementals, and Ninguang's crystalize makes damage reduction nearly passive for me.
    I really like her. Her Q could be a little more impressive but overall I'd say she is probably the best designed character. Hate the Geo Hypostasis though most annoying boss in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Did you test if Jade screen works on that dragon boss that you can only do once a week? (no i dont have her)

I kinda wait for Diona to come out, so i can get a better Cyro character (if i get lucky at all). Chongyun is meh. Most mobs just end up out of frost zone if you try to use a 2h spin attack.
    I have her but never tried her on the dragon boss. I use Fischl and Amber to elemental burst the shield while he's in the air so I'm not wasting any combat time and even with my world rank just shot up and unable to upgrade shit yet I don't have a problem with the damage he does. I did almost fail this week though when I got stuck inside his neck for a round and all the platforms got lit up.

I wasn't impressed with Chongyun either, I've been investing in Kaeya for my cryo reactions. I use him with Amber and Fischl on the dragon boss when he lands. Diona might be a good replacement but I'm not sure I need another bow user in my team setups.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    It's kind of bad. The Resin system and the Constellation system are the two key factors that I have a problem with in this game. So much character progression is locked behind the terrible mobile stamina system that is Resin, which you can pay $ to speed along for the day! And the constellations are mostly only bad due to them being more of the make/break character power more so than the rarity of characters. If you pull a duplicate character, you can unlock an extra power for them, up to 6 extra duplicates. Wanna go for the C6 5* character? Haha, good luck or be ready to pay a LOT of money.

Thankfully, at base power levels, I've found that gearing up characters does more for character power than the difference between 4* and 5*, so at least there's that?
    aren't there constel potions sold at the novelty shops? the moonstadt one costs 225 anime coins
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    aren't there constel potions sold at the novelty shops? the moonstadt one costs 225 anime coins
    Those are only for your main character. But the cash shop does have 2 up atm in the super rare glitter shop.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post

Right, I've seen this type of thing with mobile games like FF Brave Exvius. Only planning to spend an hour or two daily in this game so that energy thing might not be as bad for me as it will for others. Gotta say though, the first couple of hours had me puking rainbows left right and center.. Game is gorgeous for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i kinda finished a chest/primogem farm now (still missing 1 geo lol) and i can give you now a idea how much money a free to play can save.

151 Rolls in total. (this counts everything, even free stuff from mail, so for some players joining later is gona be even less)
    24160 Primogems collected. (ok maybe 152 rolls as i probaly missed some chests and also a few more from achivments)

110 euro = 6480 (i will ignore bonus)

3x 110 euro and primogems 4720 left
    So going for second pack 55 euro for 3280 primogems.
    1x 55 euro and 1440 primogems left
    Now going for 300 pack for 5.50 euro.
    5x5.5 euro (-60 primogems but it doesnt matter) 27.5 euro

Now if we put everything together (330+55+27.5) a free to pay player will not spend:
    412.5 EURO!!!!!

.............I didnt expect that this much money gets turned into this.

And i can also give you a general idea of gatcha rates (free ones will be -1)
    Barbara 1x
    Fischl 3x
    Xiansomething 3x
    Noelle 2x
    Chungus 3x
    Jean 1x
    Kaeya 1x
    Venti 1x
    Lisa 1x
    Bennet 1x
    7x 4 star weapons (some duplicates of cose)

Would you realy spend that much money for this shit?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Those are only for your main character. But the cash shop does have 2 up atm in the super rare glitter shop.
    I thought it was element like moonstadt = wind, chinese town = geo, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i kinda finished a chest/primogem farm now (still missing 1 geo lol) and i can give you now a idea how much money a free to play can save.

151 Rolls in total. (this counts everything, even free stuff from mail, so for some players joining later is gona be even less)
    24160 Primogems collected. (ok maybe 152 rolls as i probaly missed some chests and also a few more from achivments)

110 euro = 6480 (i will ignore bonus)

3x 110 euro and primogems 4720 left
    So going for second pack 55 euro for 3280 primogems.
    1x 55 euro and 1440 primogems left
    Now going for 300 pack for 5.50 euro.
    5x5.5 euro (-60 primogems but it doesnt matter) 27.5 euro

Now if we put everything together (330+55+27.5) a free to pay player will not spend:
    412.5 EURO!!!!!

.............I didnt expect that this much money gets turned into this.

And i can also give you a general idea of gatcha rates (free ones will be -1)
    Barbara 1x
    Fischl 3x
    Xiansomething 3x
    Noelle 2x
    Chungus 3x
    Jean 1x
    Kaeya 1x
    Venti 1x
    Lisa 1x
    Bennet 1x
    7x 4 star weapons (some duplicates of cose)

It'll depend on how much more free stuff they can keep giving and if it can keep up with the amount of new characters that get added. And all of that is ignoring the constellation system.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    It's aggressive. You get a lot for free but the gacha rates are poor and character progression is basically gated by an energy system that limits how much you can do per day unless you buy refreshes.

So, like, there's a ton of content there for f2p players, but getting new characters and leveling characters / gear will be slow if you aren't spending, and if you are spending it takes a lot of money to get meaningful results. What characters you get is also mostly a matter of luck, so you might never get your favorites.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-10-13 at 05:17 PM.

But now you blew your load and are going to take forever to get new characters. Plus if nobody spends money the game dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I thought it was element like moonstadt = wind, chinese town = geo, etc.
    Nope. They are just for the traveler. They get so many of them because you need to unlock the skills in each elemental constellation individually. I put one into Geo for the aoe meteor explosion but I'm probably going to save the rest for when the next element comes out since geo traveler is worthless except for puzzles.

if you are a f2p you are not supposed to unlock every character just a few weeks after release, gacha games takes long time if you play f2p

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    if you are a f2p you are not supposed to unlock every character just a few weeks after release, gacha games takes long time if you play f2p
    dios mio it took me like 2 years to get my first nat5 in Summoners War

- - - Updated - - -

and it was a fucking water hell lady; wack

So I've been trying this game for a while, up to rank 16 atm, and my main question is, does the game ever get harder? Not once has my HP come close to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So I've been trying this game for a while, up to rank 16 atm, and my main question is, does the game ever get harder? Not once has my HP come close to 0.
    Not really. There area a handful of high level mobs you might stumble into or elite dailies, both of which aren't actually more mechanically challenging, they just have higher numbers so it takes longer to kill them and you have to heal more.

Once you hit level 20, the mobs in the world scale up a little bit but not a lot. You'll just need to eat food more often.