Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Btw, I still don't know how Sara works even after testing her out a lot in the trial thingy.
    I don't get it, how do I buff someone with it other than herself?
    You have to get the character you want buffed to be hit by the little Electro pulse that goes out after the Crowfeather trap is set off. Which pretty much means you need to instantly switch characters as soon as you fire it off. I've been shooting it at the ground in front of me, rather than at enemies, just so I don't have to waste time moving around first.

In the end, it's an incredibly cumbersome mechanic for what seems to be very little benefit. The only reason why I have her on a team at all is that I like her that much as a character (she still has still has my favorite design for an Inazuma character, with Yoimiya being a close second, and her personality is adorable), and between Yoimiya and even my low level Shogun, things get deleted quickly enough that it doesn't really matter. If anything, the AOE Electro effect from her Crowfeather traps going off have been more useful, since they can kill off weakened enemies, leaving Yoimiya and the Shogun to focus on beefier foes, and they also "prime" nearby enemies with Electro, so I can start having Overload chain reactions without having to wait for the Shogun's skill to proc.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish i didn't kill everything with eula before i got to use raidens q

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    You have to get the character you want buffed to be hit by the little Electro pulse that goes out after the Crowfeather trap is set off. Which pretty much means you need to instantly switch characters as soon as you fire it off. I've been shooting it at the ground in front of me, rather than at enemies, just so I don't have to waste time moving around first.

In the end, it's an incredibly cumbersome mechanic for what seems to be very little benefit. The only reason why I have her on a team at all is that I like her that much as a character (she still has still has my favorite design for an Inazuma character, with Yoimiya being a close second, and her personality is adorable), and between Yoimiya and even my low level Shogun, things get deleted quickly enough that it doesn't really matter. If anything, the AOE Electro effect from her Crowfeather traps going off have been more useful, since they can kill off weakened enemies, leaving Yoimiya and the Shogun to focus on beefier foes, and they also "prime" nearby enemies with Electro, so I can start having Overload chain reactions without having to wait for the Shogun's skill to proc.
    The worst part is that her skill is a glorified charged shot, it does nothing on its own rather than buff your next shot... the stepback is whatever. Imagine if Ganyu had to use her skill to shoot her lvl2 charged shot.
    Such a shame because, like you, I really like her design, looks cool af, but I don't see me using her in any comp any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    209 Fish spawn on whole map

500 needed for 20 primogems and probaly 1000 for next one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    The worst part is that her skill is a glorified charged shot, it does nothing on its own rather than buff your next shot... the stepback is whatever. Imagine if Ganyu had to use her skill to shoot her lvl2 charged shot.
    Such a shame because, like you, I really like her design, looks cool af, but I don't see me using her in any comp any time soon.
    Yeah, she is a worse version of Bennet and takes longer to set up.

Anyway:
    https://www.ginx.tv/en/genshin-impac...y-have-a-point
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I don't get it, how do I buff someone with it other than herself?
    You pop her e, then charge shot the ground somewhere near you so you don't have to run a sprint marathon and then you switch to the character you wanna buff. After about a second the E will pop and there will be an aoe. That aoe radius is where you have to be in to get the buff. If you have c2 you don't have to charged shot at all. There will be the aoe automatically.

- - - Updated - - -

Sara is kind of weird. She may be the first 4* where you actually need constellations for her to be useful and / or not a pita to play. Her c2 makes her way less clunky and her buff is smaller than bennett. She's only good if you have c6 and the character you're buffing is electro. But even then, you have to use up 2 slots for buffer and healer, where as with bennett you can cover both with just 1 slot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Honestly none of the upcoming characters really excite me enough to wish on them. But it would be nice another S-tier 4 star character for once.
    I really want a xing clone so I can use for separate freeze comp. There's no one else nearly as effective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    That's slightly inaccurate. The E does do damage after a second but it just has an annoying mechanic to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post

I don't really care about performance all that much because I have my hard carries leveled that will forever and always be enough to clear everything unless they start nerfing something or powercreep them into nothingness.
    While I absolutely adore Sara's design (especially her hairstyle), that seems so weird to pull off from a gameplay perspective, I can't be bothered to level her if it's like that.
    It sounds *horrible*.
    Even if you like the character, you have to immediatly switch out of her again because you want to buff other characters.
    Or does the buff carry over???

I mean, I got Baal for the style as well, even if she doesn't carry the team or whatever, she still kicks ass by being so awesome looking while on the field.
    Can't say the same about Sara because if you have to switch to the character you want to buff, how will I ever see her do anything.
    It's like Fischl. Since she is no longer my "main-sub-DPS" and basically always off-field, I started to dislike her a bit more every patch.
    70k OZ summons are awesome numbers and stuff. But I just press E/Q and switch out again
    Sara sounds like she is exactly that, but clunky as well.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-09-03 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lmao, the Light Novel name in the Ei archon quest is great.

A+ Mihoyo.

So my actual thoughts on the new story quest.

Story is good but honestly felt a bit rushed, I'm sad it only lasted me a day. 2.0 ended with just the introduction to the resistance and the war they were fighting. 2.1 feels like it was even shorter, with two islands added and the main story quest not even touching one of them. Everyone just makes a token appearance then you're headed to the Shogun for the final show down before you know it. Shesh, even Teppei feels like he got more fleshing out than anyone else besides the Shogun, and he's not even a playable character... and they just kill him off. Felt bad for him.

Seeing as the land were in now is based on Japan I also like how the Shogun's wishes to keep her nation the same forever is based on the Japanese Isolationism period... which must make the Traveler American for telling them to cut that crap out. Also makes sense that Snezhnaya is based on Russia because they are just the [I]worst[/I] to other countries for their own personal gain.

So the Shogun kills Signora and says you can go. Then once you get to the bottom of the stairs she appears behind you with a sword at your back saying "Sike! Nothing personnel kid." I guess? Kinda weird at the flip flop. Cutscene was cool though.

Other than the there's the weird matter of how the Shogun is portrayed. In her story quest she's made out to be the clueless and cute archon but in reality she's really just a monster. She put an emotionless puppet in charge of her country that started a war, in addition to a waifu she killed who knows how many of her own citizens, robbed them of their visions which really messes them up, all to pursue her own self goal of eternity which she later discovers is wrong. Like Omni-Man she doesn't give a rat's ass about people because their life spans are so short... so why not step all over them to get what she wants? Afterwards she shows no remorse for what she's done and no one appears interested in holding her accountable. Its just weird.

10+ Year Old Account

Story is good but honestly felt a bit rushed, I'm sad it only lasted me a day. 2.0 ended with just the introduction to the resistance and the war they were fighting. 2.1 feels like it was even shorter, with two islands added and the main story quest not even touching one of them. Everyone just makes a token appearance then you're headed to the Shogun for the final show down before you know it. Shesh, even Teppei feels like he got more fleshing out than anyone else besides the Shogun, and he's not even a playable character... and they just kill him off. Felt bad for him.

Seeing as the land were in now is based on Japan I also like how the Shogun's wishes to keep her nation the same forever is based on the Japanese Isolationism period... which must make the Traveler American for telling them to cut that crap out. Also makes sense that Snezhnaya is based on Russia because they are just the [I]worst[/I] to other countries for their own personal gain.

So the Shogun kills Signora and says you can go. Then once you get to the bottom of the stairs she appears behind you with a sword at your back saying "Sike! Nothing personnel kid." I guess? Kinda weird at the flip flop. Cutscene was cool though.

Other than the there's the weird matter of how the Shogun is portrayed. In her story quest she's made out to be the clueless and cute archon but in reality she's really just a monster. She put an emotionless puppet in charge of her country that started a war, in addition to a waifu she killed who knows how many of her own citizens, robbed them of their visions which really messes them up, all to pursue her own self goal of eternity which she later discovers is wrong. Like Omni-Man she doesn't give a rat's ass about people because their life spans are so short... so why not step all over them to get what she wants? Afterwards she shows no remorse for what she's done and no one appears interested in holding her accountable. Its just weird.
    She is a god. Gods think much different than humans. And you cant realy held god for the crimes of the corrupted people, as archors are more or less a living religion.
    You can see her name is used.

15+ Year Old Account

If you know much about japanese history, there are a ton of digs at japan. I'm surprised mihoyo could get away with them, but japanese tend to whitewash their history so they probably won't get the refrences
    Last edited by Video Games; 2021-09-03 at 09:26 PM.

Well, she did say "you can leave Tenshukaku alive". No guarantees past that. Even Zhongli would be proud how she kept her word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Has anyone taken a look at Sara's shoes? Don't think she's doing heels right.
    It is a kind of traditional footwear. I have seen them in other games as well. If I remember right, Anji Mito from Guilty Gear Strive has the same kind of shoes.
    I may be wrong but it is something that Tengu prefers. Maybe I have seen them in Shinobi 3 as well. I am sure there is someone who is more knowledgable can explain better.

15+ Year Old Account

0 pity, free rolls from free primos, c2 huehuehuehu

I got Eula 10 minutes before her banner ended. I really really want Baal...hmmmmmmmmmMMMMMmm
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post

0 pity, free rolls from free primos, c2 huehuehuehu
    why do you keep making posts like this

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really care about performance all that much because I have my hard carries leveled that will forever and always be enough to clear everything unless they start nerfing something or powercreep them into nothingness.
    While I absolutely adore Sara's design (especially her hairstyle), that seems so weird to pull off from a gameplay perspective, I can't be bothered to level her if it's like that.
    It sounds *horrible*.
    Even if you like the character, you have to immediatly switch out of her again because you want to buff other characters.
    Or does the buff carry over???

I mean, I got Baal for the style as well, even if she doesn't carry the team or whatever, she still kicks ass by being so awesome looking while on the field.
    Can't say the same about Sara because if you have to switch to the character you want to buff, how will I ever see her do anything.
    It's like Fischl. Since she is no longer my "main-sub-DPS" and basically always off-field, I started to dislike her a bit more every patch.
    70k OZ summons are awesome numbers and stuff. But I just press E/Q and switch out again
    Sara sounds like she is exactly that, but clunky as well.
    do you have c2 on sara?

10+ Year Old Account
    So a new event will give away free Xinyan.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post

do you have c2 on sara?
    I have C10 Sara probably. ( I got her to C6 before I got Raiden, I guess I was lucky in that regard)
    Why?

Does that change something? I can't make it out by reading it.
    Doesn't that still just mean I switch out of it asap?

edit: the 6 second duration seems like a joke as well tbh.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-09-04 at 11:44 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Terry Chen leak said that future lore would be copypaste OP story.
    Scara = Blackbeard
    Childe = Ace
    But whole point was that readers loved Ace , while in our case killing ginger guy at monday common thing for our folk.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    So a new event will give away free Xinyan.
    Who?

10char

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    why do you keep making posts like this

- - - Updated - - -

do you have c2 on sara?
    Because I've been posting my lucky rolls since the original klee banner