Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I literally dont understand how people can unironically say male characters in this game look trash when for me it has been the first gacha where I ve had the reverse experience. Usually gachas go for wifu>husbando design but in genshin whenever they release a female its literally always the same thing minus a few of them (eg; hutao) in terms of design. Looking at Shenhe she literally looks like a variant of ganyu/eula/rosaria. Again, full bodysuit spandex, blue and white colors, soul-less expression with minimal personality. Yaaaaaaaawn. And the only female archon we ve gotten looks like an NPC compared to the other 2.
    That being said this is of course my personal opinion but male designs have been pretty solid in this game and more distinct from one another. Both looks and gameplay wise.
    Neither male nor female characters in this game look that similar to each other in my opinion.
    In fact I think they are all very much different from each other than Barbara/Jean being the exception but they are sisters.
    Soon Shenhe and Ganyu will have some similarities but both are students of the same master. So I guess it fits. Their design is different though. You can tell the mood of each character simply by looking at them.

I'm saying that the male characters look boring. Zhongli for example, while being a cool character, looks plain. He's brown/yellow from top to bottom, no/not much play with colours or accessories. Nearly no highlights. His animations are cool but not how he looks.
    And many male characters have questionable clothes in general, blame me for being homophobic or something, maybe I am - whatever - but I'm too lazy to find the corrects words for this:

Most of them look gay. It bothers me.
    The ones that don't are just as generic as the female versions, but they are male, so there is nothing to like for me.
    I mean, look at MC and Kazuha not so unique at all....just different clothing, still different enough but certainly not more than what you say about Shenhe... in fact, a lot less unique actually.
    Last edited by KrayZee33; 2021-12-02 at 10:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a damage per screenshot:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee33 View Post
    Neither male nor female characters in this game look similar to each other in my opinion.
    In fact I think they are all very much different from each other than Barbara/Jean being the exception but they are sisters.

I'm saying that the male characters look boring. Zhongli, while being a cool character, looks plain. He's brown/yellow from top to bottom, no/not much play with colours or accessories. Nearly no highlights. His animations are cool but not
    And many male characters have questionable clothes in general, blame me for being homophobic or something, maybe I am - whatever - but I'm too lazy to find the corrects words for this.

Most of them look gay.
    They are a Shota trap more or less.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Neither male nor female characters in this game look that similar to each other in my opinion.
    Soon Shenhe and Ganyu will have some similarities but both are students of the same master. So I guess it fits. Their design is different though. You can tell the mood of each character simply by looking at them.

I'm saying that the male characters look boring. Zhongli for example, while being a cool character, looks plain. He's brown/yellow from top to bottom, no/not much play with colours or accessories. Nearly no highlights. His animations are cool but not how he looks.
    And many male characters have questionable clothes in general, blame me for being homophobic or something, maybe I am - whatever - but I'm too lazy to find the corrects words for this:

Most of them look gay. It bothers me.
    The ones that don't are just as generic as the female versions, but they are male, so there is nothing to like for me.
    I mean, look at MC and Kazuha not so unique at all....just different clothing, still different enough but certainly not more than what you say about Shenhe... in fact, a lot less unique actually.
    Traveler and kazuha are the exception to this I agree. The general feminine vibe you get from a lot of characters and their clothing is... well... an Asian characteristic in general. For example, Childe doesnt give me very feminine vibes but he has a subtly exposed belly button. XQ is a shota. Same with Venti.
    These dont really bother me as I m so used to anime styles but at the end of the day tastes are different. For me for example, Zhongli perfectly encompasses what a geo archon should look like. Earthly colors and a very stoic posture and demeanor. Calm and soothing voice and being the oldest archon from the ones alive he is the perfect one to be the narrator of the games story (which for most of the Liyue arc he kinda is).

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    snip
    I think I would've perfered Zhongli the way he is portrayed on his statues.
    The way he looks right now makes complete sense given the story and his character, but if I had to choose soley on looks I would've perfered his hooded version, maybe with short sleeves.
    Dunno, type in "Zhongli hooded" in Google images. That guy basically. It's more interesting for me to look at.

I think I would've perfered Zhongli the way he is portrayed on his statues.
    The way he looks right now makes complete sense given the story and his character, but if I had to choose soley on looks I would've perfered his hooded version, maybe with short sleeves.
    Dunno, type in "Zhongli hooded" in Google images. That guy basically. It's more interesting for me to look at.
    Yeah thats his archon form. We will likely get that in a future skin. Same for venti and raiden I m thinking. raidens archon form is VASTLY superior to her incredibly boring in game model.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Reaction on normal attacks? Wouldn't that effectively only be catalyst users? As far as I can tell, Fischl doesn't have an elemental aspect to her normal attacks.
    I'm pretty sure he means characters that have off-field skills that proc on normal attacks, like Xingqiu's burst or Fischl c6. I'ts a staple in comps that have selfish main dps, because you want them as much as possible on the field hitting stuff. Noelle has the advantage her burst doesn't get canceled when swapped.

Had to bring the secret weapon in to get 3* stars in 12-3. Qiqi with the new healer set hyper carry confirmed.
    Last edited by Gomelus; 2021-12-02 at 08:22 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post

Had to bring the secret weapon in to get 3* stars in 12-3. Qiqi with the new healer set hyper carry confirmed.
    I have C4 Mona and no Qiqi T-T I'm going to have to pull on the next healer apparently. Corrosion would be way more interesting if it forced swaps or something, but no, let's put in on everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I have C4 Mona and no Qiqi T-T I'm going to have to pull on the next healer apparently. Corrosion would be way more interesting if it forced swaps or something, but no, let's put in on everyone!
    I'm only half memeing but Qiqi is way better for keeping your team healthy than Diona with corrosion. Plus it provides superconduct for my Razor team. Can't say for sure how much damage did the bubble on average, mostly because I just threw 4 pieces of the set just to get 4p, some leveled pieces, others at 0, 2k atk on her. But what's for sure is that it did more damage and healing than Diona, because I was missing the check by 15-20 seconds before that.
    The new def set is insane, but the healer one is sleeper op, it makes the dedicated healers actually relevant and worth the slot to bring to the abyss.

I'll crown Noelle next.
    This is her attack stat on burst...and is like level 8?
    I "think" she will become a beast:

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I'll crown Noelle next.

Well, that's inside Bennett burst then. As she won't be having 2.200 ATK *and* also 2500 DEF which would add up to roughly C6 Noelle with Burst lvl8 (which would turn DEF into roughly 2,8k ATK)

But honestly, she won't.
    You have to run Geo Resonance with her and frankly, Eula AA hit harder and is easier to set up. Not to mention Eula's insane Q.
    60%-80% Physical shred is after all a lot more than 20%-40%. Not to mention that Zhongli who could add it up to 40% is a lot stronger in Eula's team.

She is a cool healer/bruiser type but she isn't that strong, sadly.
    She might be strong against Geo-doggos though, as they get -%geo resistance once they enrage.

Although, while I'm all saying that, it's not like she aint going to be "fine enough". Even for the new Abyss, in fact, that's where she'll actually shine a little more than elsewhere.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-12-03 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I'll crown Noelle next.

Good for you you have crowns to spare, i fully crowned Hu Tao Eula Ayaka and the crown i got from last event will go to Baal 9/10/10 atm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    You have to run Geo Resonance with her and frankly, Eula AA hit harder and is easier to set up. Not to mention Eula's insane Q.
    I was lucky enough to get 2 Eulas in a row way before soft pity, seriously thinking about going for C3 for very big Q
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    800 primos from some crappy reward Mihoyo got. Well at least this time we dont have to promote or anything.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    800 primos from some crappy reward Mihoyo got. Well at least this time we dont have to promote or anything.
    Last year, for reaching 3mil players they gave us x10 wishes... so now its 800 primos not even 1600 for x10 pull, they become more greedy with each second.

Pepperidge Farm Remembers
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

@KrayZ33

She is not inside a bennet ult She is just holding a 5* weapon and the new artifact set fully stacked

spiralabyss .org seems to be having issues getting enough data points this time around I wonder why

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    spiralabyss .org seems to be having issues getting enough data points this time around I wonder why
    I love how they do a Hu Tao rerun and then basically break her comp in abyss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I love how they do a Hu Tao rerun and then basically break her comp in abyss.
    You can still use her, but you gota have a good healer on hand.

I'm not sure what's with all the complaints about this Abyss reset, the wolves are obviously horrendously designed, but they seem to have much less HP than previous resets' mobs and they actually seem to have less i-frames and dodge less than a good couple of previous resets (like, fuck Maguu Kenki with a 3 metre pole). Spectres were as horrible as ever, but then there's only 6 of them on 1 floor. I usually swear a lot doing F12, this time it was almost a pleasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I'm not sure what's with all the complaints about this Abyss reset, the wolves are obviously horrendously designed, but they seem to have much less HP than previous resets' mobs and they actually seem to have less i-frames and dodge less than a good couple of previous resets (like, fuck Maguu Kenki with a 3 metre pole). Spectres were as horrible as ever, but then there's only 6 of them on 1 floor. I usually swear a lot doing F12, this time it was almost a pleasure.
    Cuz the wolves literally never stand still. The magu kenki at least had some moments of being stationary. Also, the hitboxes on the wolves are legit broken. But yes, I felt this abyss was more lenient for dps check than prior ones.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Cuz the wolves literally never stand still. The magu kenki at least had some moments of being stationary. Also, the hitboxes on the wolves are legit broken. But yes, I felt this abyss was more lenient for dps check than prior ones.
    They may not, but they seem to get hit in plenty of situations where they had no business getting hit. At least it felt that way. And then they may be porting around, but most of the ports are short range and are very short duration, so it's hard to even count them as i-frames. You won't be missing most of your damage on them. Compare that to Maguu, who has completely random rotations with basically every single skill fully capable of ruining your bursts, and yeah, I'll take the wolves every day. I might have gotten lucky with the single attempt I needed, though.

I've seen complaints about the hitboxes blocking the dodges, but that's another thing I feel is just the wrong approach. You don't need to dodge the wolves too much, they don't hit hard on their own and corrosion damage is fully negated by a burst healer, so take Jean or Barbara and you're set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.