Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I wish you would still get AR xp for doing stuff even if you chose to not open (or couldn't) the reward boxes with resin. At least then I could spend my time doing the fun shit and still feel like I was progressing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to do it without a reward *if* I was already at max AR. Or *if* I could do all of these sweet activities with my friends/wife and could get THEM some resources by carrying. I'm confident they will evolve the game. Onmyoji was apparently utter garbo the first year (which I didn't play) due to the same type of stuff and it got whipped into shape eventually.
    Its just a strategy they use. They try to push the worst version on you to see if you are willing to part of your money. Be anoying and loud and they will have to backup.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I only fought it once underleveled (my world leveled while going to its island and I didn't realize it leveled the bosses too...

I learned very quickly that it can kill its own pillars in its active phase. The downed phases is similar to the electric boss where you can melt through it if you combo quickly.
    MY first fight I kept breaking all the pillars cause the first youtube video I saw on it did it. Took like 10+ mins lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    my 1 and only dps is NOEL. that explains the slow kills. team is made of amber, lisa and mc or qiqi. I just love playing them but good luck doing fire dps with amber.
    Use ambers charged shot. It deals fire dmg. And use Lisa for superconduct. Also always go into a boss fight with all your skills up and as long as you are doing elemental reactions you should be able to burn the plant bosses relatively quick. Fire one takes me like 10 seconds to kill using 2 electro and 2 water.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Raged hard at that one. Have Noelle but couldn't break the pillars fast enough.

Not a cube, but I got really pissed at the water elite.It just summons other monsters you kill, which was going fine for awhile. But then it summoned like four birds. I can't hit them. They're too far for melee, and they dive so fast I can't charge one shot with Fischl. By the time I eventually was able to kill one, the spirit summoned some thing under my character that drained their health incredibly super fast. I left, and just assume I won't get to ascend barbara for awhile.
    Fischl's E can attack the birds and I think her Q also hits em. Pyro vs water isn't as good as water vs pyro but it still does increased dmg so use Amber for her taunt and ranged charged shot if you are having alot of problems. Also use the elemental resonance effect of having 2 lighting chars on your team: Element Electro Affected by Hydro for 40% less time. Superconduct, Overloaded, and Electro-Charged have a 100% chance to generate an Electro Elemental Particle (CD: 5s). And if you don't need a healer have your other two party members two fire users like Amber and Xiangling or who ever you got or ice users to freeze them and react with the electro.

I assume both Xiangling's and Kaeya's Q hits flying units as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Try doing bosses before you hit appropriate rank/level and without dumping tons of resources on artifacts you don't intend to use. I tried wolf boss at like AR20 with lvl 40 people and base level 3 star artifacts. I was hitting for like 200 and it took a solid 20 minutes, in addition to constantly being unable to find good windows to get more than 1 attack in (I don't run with any ranged people, save lisa who isn't really "ranged").
    I did the wolf boss with 2 of my heroes being Jean and Venti (I didn't know he was immune to wind before i started). My Fischl was 40, and barbara was level 20.. lol that took forever. Thank god for Barbara healing.

Darn it, I got Keqing and not Klee.

Guess I have to wait for the 4* Ice-archer now to get the ice element in my group since she has an healing ult.

The most annoying thing about not getting Klee: I got several Eyes of Perception.
    Whom do I give those? Barbara for DPS Barbara? But I'm not using DPS Barbara if I have both Fischl and Keqing.

I'm about to build Ninguang, because her burst is so amazing..just so I can use the weapon...
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-20 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post

Guess I have to wait for the 4* Ice-archer now to get the ice element in my group since she has an healing ult.

The most annoying thing about not getting Klee: I got several Eyes of Perception.
    Whom do I give those? Barbara for DPS Barbara? But I'm not using DPS Barbara if I have both Fischl and Keqing.

I'm about to build Ninguang, because her burst is so amazing..just so I can use the weapon...
    Give it to me.
    I got nothing usefull as expected. But at least i got the other catgirl.
    https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Sucrose

Exept for Xiao i have all wind characters....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post

For what it's worth, that means that the next 5* that you might pull from that banner is guaranteed to be Klee.

Can someone explain the currency system(s) in this game? I have seen crystals and primo gems and this and that.

I only ask because I saw Razor for sale in the shop for a currency I thought I had (it's the blue and black star thingie, not the primo gem star). But when I went to buy it, it said I have insufficient funds, although I have that same icon on my UI showing I have enough. Then there are currencies for wishes which are different from the shop currency.

Couldn't have simplified this could they?

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do i have to wait to wish for kleeeeeeeeeeee reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to get home from work and spend my saved up primogems to get some sweet duplicate 4 star weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Can someone explain the currency system(s) in this game? I have seen crystals and primo gems and this and that.

I only ask because I saw Razor for sale in the shop for a currency I thought I had (it's the blue and black star thingie, not the primo gem star). But when I went to buy it, it said I have insufficient funds, although I have that same icon on my UI showing I have enough. Then there are currencies for wishes which are different from the shop currency.

Couldn't have simplified this could they?
    First, there are primogems (far right on the top right of the picture). They are explicitly used to buy rolls in the gacha or to refresh your resin.

Second, Stardust (far left on the top right of the picture). That's the star icon WITHOUT a circle that you just get from every 3 and 4 star pulls that you get from the gacha. Used mostly for buying monthly rolls or crafting mats from the shop.

Third, the Starglitter (middle of the top right of the picture). This is the one used to buy those characters that you mentioned. This is the star icon WITH a circle around it and only obtained when you pull 4 and 5 stars from the gacha (extra for characters that you've maxed out the constellations on). These are used to either buy characters, more rolls, or high level crafting mats. I would suggest to not ever spend that on the crafting mats and only buy rolls or characters with them. Supposedly, 5 star characters may be added to this currency exchange in the future.

That helps explain a few things. But when Razor showed up on the screen you linked, it had the far left currency denoted underneath. Which I have. Unless I am going blind and didn't see the difference between the two star shapes

So, I noticed that my WL went up, but the amount of character exp from the leyline didn't. The mora one increased though. Sucks it didn't at least upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    That helps explain a few things. But when Razor showed up on the screen you linked, it had the far left currency denoted underneath. Which I have. Unless I am going blind and didn't see the difference between the two star shapes
    He's marked as costing Starglitter (with the circle), not Stardust (no circle), so you're probably just blind. Either that, or there's another sale going on that I haven't seen yet

Granted, there's honestly not much difference between and if you just see them flashing up

Anyone know what you do to unlock the toad statue puzzles? Theres an area I found with three of them so I assume its gotta be a puzzle of some sort but elemental dmg didnt seem to do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Anyone know what you do to unlock the toad statue puzzles? Theres an area I found with three of them so I assume its gotta be a puzzle of some sort but elemental dmg didnt seem to do anything.
    I think you need to trow down a Geo main character one in a missing spot. If its next to that water tree.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    For what it's worth, that means that the next 5* that you might pull from that banner is guaranteed to be Klee.
    Keqing is also abnormal in terms of damage and the extra recharge from 2 electro characters (fischl) is kinda insane.

I won't have enough money/XP tomes for Klee now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I think you need to trow down a Geo main character one in a missing spot. If its next to that water tree.
    This is in a kinda maze like area where a key shrine is down in a valley between minlin way point and mt aozang. I dont see any geo spots near em maybe they are just a way point so you dont get lost?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is in a kinda maze like area where a key shrine is down in a valley between minlin way point and mt aozang. I dont see any geo spots near em maybe they are just a way point so you dont get lost?
    There is a hidden chest there that you gota get out by just clicking on ground i think. There is also one on small part where cyro puzzle is.

You can also use your spidey senses / sonar button to see if there is anything interactable around you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not going blind, but Razor is for sale for the middle currency not the left most one. For some reason they decided to make the two look nearly identical. It's really annoying and messed me up as well.

And yeah, this game has way to many currencies. There are a grand total of 5 (7 if you also count the two different types of Fate used to make wishes). Mora, pretty much gold used to buy some things from vendors and also a cost for upgrading characters/weapons. Primagems, used to make Wishes. Crystals, the only one that can be purchased with real money and it's only use it to turn into Primagems at a 1to1 exchange rate, most likely to both get around some legal shenanigans as well as to further obfuscate how much money the player is spending in game. Stardust, gained from making Wishes and used to purchase stuff from the in-game shop like Fates for more Wishes, upgrade materials, XP items, as well as Mora. And finally, Starglitter, I believe it is only gained when you roll a duplicate character with a Wish, can also be used to purchase upgrade materials, Fates, as well as some characters and weapons.

It's really a total mess if you ask me but I am guessing it is intentionally overly complicated to further confuse the player.