Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    who would ever play Gwent then without other incentives?
    "Who would ever play poker since you have access to all 52 cards right out of the box!"

People who just fucking like the game of playing cards, dealing with the deck RNG, and getting victories. Know how I played MTG? I bought all my cards from places like card kingdom as soon as the set dropped, went to my local MTG store, and played exactly what I wanted for friday night magic, and picked up a ton of victories in the process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    People would just get the most OP thing at the start, plow through all content and then be like "well, this is boring".
    Where is this idea that blowing through a game, getting a solid amount of enjoyment out of it, then growing tired of it is a bad thing? Is this or is this not a side-game in genshin?

Why, in a game I'm already grinding my ass off, do I need to grind yet ANOTHER bullshit thing just to enjoy something that isn't actually part of the main game? Genshin is the one that convinced me it's onl a 15min a day kinda game where I blow my resin and log out. Grinds can be okay if your gameplay is actually good. Chopping a tree down is as boring as mowing my lawn or cleaning dishes. Fishing in genshin is as boring as fishing IRL. Whatever the fuck we have to do for this card game is likewise going to be the most boring, mundane shit known to man.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post

Where is this idea that blowing through a game, getting a solid amount of enjoyment out of it, then growing tired of it is a bad thing? Is this or is this not a side-game in genshin?

Why, in a game I'm already grinding my ass off, do I need to grind yet ANOTHER bullshit thing just to enjoy something that isn't actually part of the main game? Genshin is the one that convinced me it's onl a 15min a day kinda game where I blow my resin and log out. Grinds can be okay if your gameplay is actually good. Chopping a tree down is as boring as mowing my lawn or cleaning dishes. Fishing in genshin is as boring as fishing IRL. Whatever the fuck we have to do for this card game is likewise going to be the most boring, mundane shit known to man.
    Sounds like its not your type of game then. Sometimes, I wonder around cutting trees. Other times, I do world quests. Its about having options and things to do to keep you engaged in the game.

Its able to be ignored. Right now though, I may begin trying to get electro occulus for the 4th serenitea pot map.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I can't imagine the type of person that enjoys running around left clicking at inanimate objects that have no recourse for hours. I also can't imagine the type of person that likes putting in hours of mundane challenge-less activity even if it ends in a reward of completing something. I hate every minute of such activity and it's just about balancing how much bullshit I can stomach to enable the good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    "Who would ever play poker since you have access to all 52 cards right out of the box!"

People who just fucking like the game of playing cards, dealing with the deck RNG, and getting victories. Know how I played MTG? I bought all my cards from places like card kingdom as soon as the set dropped, went to my local MTG store, and played exactly what I wanted for friday night magic, and picked up a ton of victories in the process.
    Very impressive strawman, too bad you're omitting the fact (which was also stated by Mihoyo) this game will never be competitive. You'll even have to go FAR out of your way to ever play it with another living person, since you won't even get dedicated matchmaking for it, you will have to enter coop with someone and only then play it. And then there will be no rewards for it. This minigame is literally made to run around, talk to NPCs, beat them at what I assume will be faceroll matches and gather their cards. Nothing else.

I'm still amazed at what the hell are you still doing in this thread since you're shitting on literally every aspect and type of content in the game. Every announcement you're back here with your "EHMAGERD MORE MEANINGLESS GRIND" rants. It's clearly not made for you, it will never be tailored towards you, just quit already (if you haven't yet, but I can't imagine eating shit every day and still complaining about the taste, as you would be), and if you have, please just leave this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Nah, fuck you. I'll stay here and enjoy the parts of the game I enjoy and shit talk the parts I don't and you can either ignore me or put up with it. I've spent plenty of money to show how much I like the game. They've had some fantastic events, some fantastic story, some fantastic characters. The artifact grind is retarded even though I have some really good ones for every character I care about. The tree grind for serenitea is dumb. Whatever this grind is... is dumb, though if that's all the card system is is an excuse to go talk to everyone instead of having random generated deck opponents or actual rando queue vs other people, then yea... shitty feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit of leaks + offical stuff:

Nahida -

Child (Like Klee)
    Dendro (Like Tighnari)
    Catalyst (Like Klee)
    Her E is a camera (Like Fayz Trials), Take pic of enemy - Do dmg and then mark them. Do reaction against marked enemy to do more dmg
    Her Q makes a HUGE area. Have pyro/electro/hydro chars in area, buff time.

◆ Nahida
    ◆ Physic of Purity
    ◆ Lesser Lord Kusanali
    ◆ Dendro
    ◆ Sapientia Oromasdis

Layla -

Girl (Like Ayaka)
    Cryo (Like Ayaka)
    Sword (Like Ayaka)
    Her E makes shield (Like Diona), makes stars which do dmg
    Her Q is makes a circle with a big thing in the middle (Like Lisa) and does cryo dmg

She likes HP (Like Thoma)

◆ Layla
    ◆ Fantastical Evening Star
    ◆ Half-Awake, Half-Asleep, All Incredulous
    ◆ Cryo
    ◆ Luscinia

Don't sweat the details!!!

so as far as wifu type we have dendro klee & cryo sucrose incoming, hard pass for the loli and I'm too close to soft pity to risk trying for the 4 stars, since I have 100% garantee next 5 star drop

also, hating card games, not touching that new mini game at all, doesn't matter if I lose primogems!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    A bit of leaks + offical stuff:

Nahida -

Child (Like Klee)
    Dendro (Like Tighnari)
    Catalyst (Like Klee)
    Her E is a camera (Like Fayz Trials), Take pic of enemy - Do dmg and then mark them. Do reaction against marked enemy to do more dmg
    Her Q makes a HUGE area. Have pyro/electro/hydro chars in area, buff time.

◆ Nahida
    ◆ Physic of Purity
    ◆ Lesser Lord Kusanali
    ◆ Dendro
    ◆ Sapientia Oromasdis
    Hoping the dendro archon is at least decent. Seems that Tighnari may not get a rerun since he is going to the standard banner. Still curious how they decide all of that. I have Collei, but still trying to build her. Those mushrooms elude me. Even with maps its a real pain to gather.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Hoping the dendro archon is at least decent. Seems that Tighnari may not get a rerun since he is going to the standard banner. Still curious how they decide all of that. I have Collei, but still trying to build her. Those mushrooms elude me. Even with maps its a real pain to gather.
    Have fun with Dori, it's worse than Xynian and Itto put together
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

most of them are really hidden in caves you can't get into without doing all the Naranara's quests.
    I got most of mine in the cave inside the giant golem (on the middle of the vines between floating islands), around the TP in the big tree at the left of Adem forest, in the south (2 on the same level as the TP, 2 on the level above and 4 on the level below), and the most are in the giant mushroom forest north of sumeru (some of them are around on the ground, others are on the middle of the wooden branch that support the mushroom top)

10+ Year Old Account
    10% chance to win 30 day sub lol:
    https://www.hoyolab.com/article/9382470

And if you miss a single day its fuuu you

Well its still 60 primos at least.

I like the last picture

And the results of 50 wishes dropped trying to get a Candace... is 6 Kukis (I didn't even have or want her before) and C3 Jean. Jean dropped at ~30 wishes in, so that's a bonus, plus I like her so her Cs are never a waste, though I'd have preferred Keqing or Mona. Should have over 200 wishes saved for dendro loli when she comes out, maybe I'll try for her weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the results of 50 wishes dropped trying to get a Candace... is 6 Kukis (I didn't even have or want her before) and C3 Jean. Jean dropped at ~30 wishes in, so that's a bonus, plus I like her so her Cs are never a waste, though I'd have preferred Keqing or Mona. Should have over 200 wishes saved for dendro loli when she comes out, maybe I'll try for her weapon.

She is not that good. Just use Yunyin

Nahida skill is kinda sus:

Kira Yoshikage pretty much

Her normal skill is some type of dance:
    https://nitter.net/Plusleleaks/statu...795304591361#m

This is cute:
    https://nitter.net/Plusleleaks/statu...983666581504#m

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

She is not that good. Just use Yunyin

Nahida skill is kinda sus:

Her normal skill is some type of dance:
    https://nitter.net/Plusleleaks/statu...795304591361#m

This is cute:
    https://nitter.net/Plusleleaks/statu...983666581504#m
    I'm getting a lil' worried that she won't be filling the healing niche and might be a dedicated Sub DPS. Tried to hit Kuki for a healer in Electro comps but got 2 Sayu's (now C6) and 3 Candace which is kinda useless. Not willing to risk rolling anymore and hitting Cyno. It was cool to have a banner where I needed all the 4 stars anyway. Fingers crossed for Nahida banner having good 4 stars.

My punching bag (>_<)

10+ Year Old Account

Yay, got an early 5-star on the Cyno banner.

It was a C2 Diluc. :|

Dendro loli's kit is so broken, dayum. And these C1/C2. Plus the amazing visuals. Mihoyo seems to really want to break some records on their banner revenue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dendro loli's kit is so broken, dayum. And these C1/C2. Plus the amazing visuals. Mihoyo seems to really want to break some records on their banner revenue.
    Yup. The worst thing is.... i cant use electro on those mobs now to farm them
    She needs to much mats like that.

Anyway... here is Layla:
    https://streamable.com/pf2kwk

Her skills is......

...does this mean she is a big baby?