Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    The only thing I'd really correct here is to say "you simply get so little value out of your $$ in gacha games". It's not a Mihoyo thing, it's basically the entire genre.
    The Gacha genre is known for it but there are lots of games with better $-value. MUCH better $-value.
    i.E. Neural Cloud which released for Global 6 months ago has one time purchases that end up being like 0,10€ per pull. The average amount of pulls is ~70 to get the banner character (pity is at 180 though) - and you only need one copy to max the character out (everything else -> you farm).

The game obviously doesn't make as much money as Genshin/Star Rail but it sure as hell "feels" better playing and paying for that, knowing you actually get something out of your money.
    I have 600+ pulls saved up and own every character in that game (or every character I actually wanted).
    So I'm probably good for the next 20 banners considering the amount of free stuff I get while playing. Obviously that means they are not getting any money out of me.

But the difference between these two games is huge. I'm just eyeballing it here, I forgot the actual average for Genshin/HSR but it should be somewhere around what I'm saying:

Mihoyo = 1-3€ per pull + ~100 pulls required = 200€ maxing out a character = ~1200€ / and then you don't even have the weapon.
    Mica/Sunborn = 0,10€ - 1€ per pull + ~70 pulls required. = 42€ -> maxxed out. (you farm "weapons")

I mean.. 40+€ is still "alot" for a single character in a game, isn't it? But what the fuck is 1200++++€....

Not to mention that the amount of "free stuff" Mihoyo offers is close to zero compared to many other Gacha games.

-----------

Farming Relics in HSR feels worse than farming in Genshin. (at least I don't remember it being so bad)
    It honestly feels like losing the "gacha game" every time I use 40 stamina for it - and I'm not even talking about upgrading them to +15.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2023-05-06 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Farming Relics in HSR feels worse than farming in Genshin. (at least I don't remember it being so bad)
    It honestly feels like losing the "gacha game" every time I use 40 stamina for it - and I'm not even talking about upgrading them to +15.
    That's one thing that is definitely worse than in Genshin, and Genshin was already terrible in this department. Star Rail has even more substats, meaning higher chance for bad rolls, and having 4+2 setup rather than just 5 in a set means we can't even take off-pieces. This is silly and I'm NOT looking forward to starting relic grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I'm generally just gonna ignore min maxing. It's nice when it lines up but I'm not going out of my way for it when it rarely matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warning!!

The picture below may trigger some genshin players:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Warning!!

The picture below may trigger some genshin players:
    haha yeah I can see how if it would.
    mine is 9/9/9

also, my strongest dps is yoimiya and we all know how much shit has been thrown on that char

so who care what the "genshin online community" think really ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    haha yeah I can see how if it would.
    mine is 9/9/9

also, my strongest dps is yoimiya and we all know how much shit has been thrown on that char

so who care what the "genshin online community" think really ?
    You're comparing one of the best dps in the game to a character who is one of the worst designed kits. Not exactly the same.

Course I wouldn't be bothered by anyone playing any character they want, and I don't understand why anyone would.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You're comparing one of the best dps in the game to a character who is one of the worst designed kits. Not exactly the same.

Course I wouldn't be bothered by anyone playing any character they want, and I don't understand why anyone would.
    I'm just saying that the community if absolutely not objective when they spit on a good character too! and so, who care what people think about dehya, you like her, you get her and build her

I'm just saying that the community if absolutely not objective when they spit on a good character too! and so, who care what people think about dehya, you like her, you get her and build her
    Don't forget kokomi who got a lot of hate and now always lists as s tier

Lost the 50/50 and got Bronya. Currently only level 24 so hopefully will be able to get Seele before she leaves. So far I am liking the game. It is too bad that characters are as expensive as they are. I would probably only spend if I am 5-10 away from a guaranteed pity.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    To be fair, Kokomi also got super strong because of Dendro that did not exist at the time. Now shes also the best healer in anything bloom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I wanted her the moment she got announced. I think most more casual players understood her use early. Yes she was mainly just a healer, but she was so much better than any other healer, and still is. Even then, I started using her in freeze teams right off the bat.

Anyone else think that the zones in HSR are extremely small? There's not to much depth to them either. Just some chests and puzzles scattered around a bit. Honestly hope its leading into more frequent story progress and additional worlds added if the work is so much less taxing than Genshin Impact levels.

- - - Updated - - -

So I am massively shooting far past where I feel like I should be in the simulated universe worlds for my level. On world 6 and still rank 37. The trick is building up a freeze build with Remembrance blessings. There's something called Dissociation which deals damage to equal to 30% of a enemy's max HP... and yes, it works on all bosses. As if permafreezing everything in ice wasn't good enough, they also made it the biggest source of boss damage ever that also doesn't give a flying flip how poorly you built your characters. Can't wait for this to get nerfed.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2023-05-07 at 03:10 AM.

This should be changed to a Hoyoverse mega thread.

I said this on reddit and I'll say it here: Honkai Star Rail gameplay is every bit as good as Honkai Impact 3rd which are both overall better than Genshin Impact gameplay.

And yet any time I'm playing either Honkai game I'm asking myself why I'm not playing Genshin instead. The games are world apart from each other in terms of content but Genshin's content appeals to me a great deal more.

Honkai impact 3rd is a great lobby game/has great end game. But it feels like that's all there is. The super casual Genshin, by comparison with it's nearly non existent end game, is the perfect game for dad gamer me who doesn't want to invest tons of time to face constant challenges. And when I DO want to face a challenge, Abyss is just enough for me.

I imagine Honkai Star Rail might end up similar to Honkai Impact 3rd but I'm honestly not sure if I'll stick around long enough to find out.

All that said, Hoyoverse does a damn good job of making a super solid game and giving you all the relevant characters that the gacha part of it way overblown. May be I say this as someone who can easily afford to at least dolphin for the things I want but neither Genshin nor Honkai 3rd every DEMANDED my money. I gave it out because Hoyoverse deserves every penny.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So I am massively shooting far past where I feel like I should be in the simulated universe worlds for my level. On world 6 and still rank 37. The trick is building up a freeze build with Remembrance blessings. There's something called Dissociation which deals damage to equal to 30% of a enemy's max HP... and yes, it works on all bosses. As if permafreezing everything in ice wasn't good enough, they also made it the biggest source of boss damage ever that also doesn't give a flying flip how poorly you built your characters. Can't wait for this to get nerfed.
    Yep, my friend did same with freeze He killed Kafka on simulated universe like that. (forgot which world is it)

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Lost the 50/50 and got Bronya. Currently only level 24 so hopefully will be able to get Seele before she leaves. So far I am liking the game. It is too bad that characters are as expensive as they are. I would probably only spend if I am 5-10 away from a guaranteed pity.
    I lost 50/50 and got gepard, but it was at my 8th roll, so I wasn't upset at all, and gepard has been carrying my teams as tank, really hard ! I got seele 77 pull later
    and I now have around 50+ special tickets stored, so you should be able to get to the next pity and get seele before her banner end

and with bronya, you'll have the perfert duo, where bronya buff seele and seele destroy everything in front of the team

I lost 50/50 and got gepard, but it was at my 8th roll, so I wasn't upset at all, and gepard has been carrying my teams as tank, really hard ! I got seele 77 pull later
    and I now have around 50+ special tickets stored, so you should be able to get to the next pity and get seele before her banner end

and with bronya, you'll have the perfert duo, where bronya buff seele and seele destroy everything in front of the team
    Yeah I hope so, got my 50/50 at 50 summons so not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Yep, my friend did same with freeze He killed Kafka on simulated universe like that. (forgot which world is it)
    Unfortunately it stops working on world six as they throw you a miniboss that is flatout immune to being frozen, but was fun while it lasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys need a Honkai Star Rail discussion, leave this Genshi Impact discussion alone...

Tried Honkai Star Rail.
    No early 5-star. Got Yanqing from pity.
    Uninstalled.

Star Rail has less production value than Genshin, because turn base animation is easy to create than action animation.
    It is no different from Blizzard decides to concentrate on Hearthstone instead of World of Warcraft, simply because Hearthstone is cheap to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Tried Honkai Star Rail.
    No early 5-star. Got Yanqing from pity.
    Uninstalled.
    Just sayin' - Yanqing is the only one, besides Seele, who can clear MoC 7-10 now. And since 2 teams are used, he's mandatory.