Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Speaking of controllers, do you guys have issues using the quick menu? It literally doesn't work for me. If I try to open one thing, it opens up a completely different thing. I just stopped bothering trying to use it.

Also having major issues with auto zoom in, and it's reallyyyyyyy bad on Razor and his burst.
    I have a few times when the quick wheel menu thinks I am selecting one thing when I actually am trying to get another. For instance I am trying to get to the inventory at 3 on the wheel and the game thinks I picked the character menu at 4. I just chalk it up to imprecise joystick movement on my part and try again. It seems you have to be dead on or it will pick something right next to what you want.

Not sure if you mean camera during combat but I have had a few yells at my tv when I am fighting a group and the camera decides to play in the tall grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    The only sources of mora past AR30+ are leylines, Abyss and dailies. There are no quests, there are no chests, because you most likely done them already before this point (yeah, some chests will be left, but getting 2k mora and 2 primos for a buried chest you were looking for for 10 minutes isn't exactly worth it). Dailies don't get you 50-100k, they get you 40k at best. Yeah, a week may not be a long time, but spending a month (between levels, weapon, artifacts and talents) to get a new character relevant is. That's my point. Free bonus resin allows you to keep progressing your main characters at a relatively steady pace, but it sure as hell will not allow you to get new characters up to speed.
    Okay, lets do this

let's assume we get 1 new character to level up and ready every month. Because you won't be pulling 4* left and right after your initial "outburst" of primogem spending early on

It cost 1 Million Mora to lvl from 1-80 with books
    Another 300k for Ascension up to lvl 80
    Weapon ascenion to 80 costs 5+15+15+30+35k = 100k
    To level it up to 80 it costs 535k.

So 2 Million Mora for lvl 1-80

I get, from abyss alone, every month: (9/6/6/0 2x a month)

120k Floor Reward +120k Star Reward
    150k Floor Reward +70k Star Reward
    180k Floor Reward +70k Star Reward

From dailies alone, every month.
    900k (30k x30)
    From 10 Daily event quests wich are done in 10 minutes every day, every month
    ~450k (15k x30)

2.060.000 Mora Every month - no leylines touched.

Chacha~~~
    Didn't include any events or free stuff you get from mail, didn't include any mora drops from bosses or farming artifacts (both domain and open world). Didn't include any open world monster killings, which add up to a few ten thousands every month too. Didn't include any AR Rank ups or any Story-quest rewards, like the Mona one recently.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-03 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    From dailies alone, every month.
    900k (30k x30)
    From 10 Daily event quests wich are done in 10 minutes every day, every month
    ~450k (15k x30)
    It is kind boring to do a month of daily to get one character level 1 to 80.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It is kind boring to do a month of daily to get one character level 1 to 80.
    Yes?
    It's also kinda boring to get a character from 1-80 in a day.
    What would be more exciting about that.

You are doing the dailies anyway, if you want to progress and if you want to play the story later.
    Doesn't matter if it's Genshin Impact, Kings Raid, Epic Seven, 7knights etc. etc.
    You do your daily stuff, save stuff, increase your characters to some degree.
    Wait for a new character you like to show up.
    Spend all the ressources you have saved up. Get him to max level. Farm/beat stuff with him instead of your old character
    Wait for a new character you like to show up
    Spend all the ressources you have saved up. Get him to max level. Farm/beat stuff with him instead of your old character

etc. etc.
    That's the gameplay loop.

You get a carrot, you eat the carrot, you look for the next carrot.

At some point in the near future. Even F2P players will have a hard time finding upgrades and you won't know where to spend stuff on if current upgrade paths remain the same. You will just switch Gear from "Keqing" to "Yamato" and later to "Anubis" or "Boris"- your team is still limited to 4 units and not every hero will require a very unique stat-build, which means your ATK% gear can be used by any of them.
    Might be different if more ascension levels appear with more talents or maybe character-related unique weapons/gear/sets and shit, but that's future stuff.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-03 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two quick questions while I'm at work and unable to really look this stuff up.

1. Where can I find treasure hoarders in bulk?
    2. How long do people tend to keep the "Traveler" character in their party? Seems pretty solid over all for now at least (mind you I'm only AR18)
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post

2. How long do people tend to keep the "Traveler" character in their party? Seems pretty solid over all for now at least (mind you I'm only AR18)
    1. Mostly in ruins. There are pretty much non existant in 1.st zone. Second zone has many of them. If you run araund the water area you should find their camps.
    2. Main character does learn all elements so its worth putting xp into it. (well only wind and geo right now) It works pretty well with Klee for example.

Location on the bottom. I've been there brother

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wi...asure_Hoarders

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I have a question about them too.
    What are they actually weak against?
    I deal by far the lowest amount of damage against them.
    Doesn't matter if it's the ice or fire version.
    I think they have high resistances in general until you stun them, then their resistances drop dramatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, some mobs just have no weight to them. It's kinda frustrating at times, especially when they get knocked into weird places.

Whopperflowers are the worst. I just look at them with a melee weapon and it's like an episode of Dragonball, knocking them halfway across the planet with one punch or something.
    Know what really sucks? Using Klee. I've knocked mobs UP mountains with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I plan on dumping a ton of time into this game and don't mind throwing a few bucks at it is the "Blessing of the Welkin Moon" worth while costwise?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    If I plan on dumping a ton of time into this game and don't mind throwing a few bucks at it is the "Blessing of the Welkin Moon" worth while costwise?
    You get 90 primo for 30 days (but i have no idea if you get them if you miss a day of it). 2700 in total.
    I guess its cheaper if you are patient.

Also -- Apple, google and playstation have increased prices of the game in specific countrys:
    https://twitter.com/Zeniiet/status/1323704766313099266

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Not sure if you mean camera during combat but I have had a few yells at my tv when I am fighting a group and the camera decides to play in the tall grass.
    Not sure exactly what you mean either lol. But like when I pop burst on Razor, my camera zooms in and his wolf thing is all up in my face. I can't see crap. It's annoying to have to constantly zoom out again, but that's what I have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Not sure exactly what you mean either lol. But like when I pop burst on Razor, my camera zooms in and his wolf thing is all up in my face. I can't see crap. It's annoying to have to constantly zoom out again, but that's what I have to do.
    I haven't seen that. But then again, I don't have Razor either. My problem was just that a lot of stuff like trees and grass get in the way of the camera during fights making me have to adjust the camera or I can't see.

Probably gonna just quit the game for the time being so I can focus on the Destiny 2 Xpac as well as next-gen stuff. It's a shame the patch is coming out when it is.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Probably gonna just quit the game for the time being so I can focus on the Destiny 2 Xpac as well as next-gen stuff. It's a shame the patch is coming out when it is.
    I'd honestly suggest doing the daily commissions (10 minutes) each day tbh if you want to plan to come back.
    Will save you a lot of "trouble" once you actually do return.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's extremely good value, just spread out over time.

It's 3000 Primo in total for $4.99. Just to put that in perspective, to buy that many straight up would cost you somewhere between $40 and $50.
    I want to point out that this kind of assessment is inherently skewed by the fact that they normally overcharge for primogems by a shitload. All gacha games overcharge baseline.

So you say "Oh $5 for 3000! That's a bargain!" just because it's normally $50. But 3000 primogems is not even 20 pulls. It's most likely going to net you one copy of a single 4-star unit, and it's also going to tether you to the game because you'll need to login every day to collect the rewards or you lose them. Same with the Battle Pass, it's just a method of tethering you to the game so that you don't lose the "value" of your purchase.

It's all super manipulative.

But yeah, if you're going to spend money on the game, that's the most reasonable. And honestly the only thing that approaches actual reasonable pricing in this game. Anything else is basically "for the price of a brand new AAA video game you might get a 4-star unit."

Yes, $5 is the "best" deal, compare to others.

However, this "best" deal only gets you 18 pulls.
    You may not even get a 4 star character. Just an useless weapon.

You have to buy it 5 times (months) to get a 5 star character.
    You need 8 characters to run the end game (Spiral Abyss). One is not enough.

You said that you plan to "dumping a ton of time".
    It is a gacha game, so it doesn't let you.
    It has a "stamina bar". You can only play half hour at most.

However, I still suggest you to try it to understand what a gacha game is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It has a "stamina bar". You can only play half hour at most.
    I mean, there are a ton of things you can/ should do that don't require stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I mean, there are a ton of things you can/ should do that don't require stamina.
    The first 20 days, yes !
    You can look for chests, etc.

After 20 days, nothing you can do.
    The chests don't respawn.
    Right now, I just login for half hour.
    Every 3 days, I farm for ores.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    At it again
    Today i've stolen 45 rare flowers.

I am the flower snatcher.

(is fine, they are low levels still exploring the world and no idea what to do...they dont need them...i think )
    Why though? If its for the weekly, just go to woldum for wolfhook and liyue harbor for a lot of rare things there.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?