Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Also the dude literally spent years apologizing for his former associations and working to help fix the damage they were causing.

Whereas the only thing we actually get in evidence of Republicans being the "anti-slavery" party is...the fact that they were against slavery during a time period where none of the current party members were actually alive. Lol.
    I heard that Hitler was actually really sorry for everything he did as well. All better, right?

Don't be ridiculous. The guy was an awful racist Democrat.

I'm sorry this cognitive dissonance inducing bombshell seems to be stumping you but, sadly, it's true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean there's all that vacant land there, though. You yourself pointed out that it wasn't getting used.
    You need to learn to read better, I didn't say it wasn't being used, I said it wouldn't be used. There is a difference between present and future tense in the English language. But you missed the main point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Jesus christ you are trying so fucking hard, just to be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, but Seashell doesn't care about facts.
    I'm not wrong though. Not at all.

I have literally no issue holding my ground against all this ridiculous nonsense. It's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Just build your cities higher. Its not like you dont have an endless supply of iron ore, boxite, timber, cement, etc. inside your metro areas.
    No but they have a huge supply of capital which can buy all those things.
    Those little area's you spoke about represented what 65-69% of the total GDP in this country in 2016 election.

BTW you think those silly city slickers don't own things like mines, timber companies, cement corporations, etc etc??

For example do you know that the vast majority and i mean VAAASST majority of all cement operations and production in this country is foreign owned? Not owned by Us citizens outside of the "cities". On top of the fact that the vast majority of cement production is outside of this country.

Easily sourced by those silly liberals in those big cities.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Grapemask is not incorrect because the idea of a national campaign does not predate Andrew Jackson who was notable for having the first national campaign, rather than just appealing to a set of electors as was the norm previously.

"Nitpicking" is a funny way of saying "insisting you adhere to fact, not whatever you were taught in a Texas high school".
    More specifically, adopting a broader scope in regards to campaigns.

This might be a concept you're familiar with: inclusive.

It was meant to be inclusive of all states.

And, what I find hilarious here is that you only care because you guys lose elections over it. That's all

ITT: Democrats scramble to justify history but come up short!

Quote Originally Posted by seashell86 View Post
    There were was one documented Dixiecrat switching. That's what I mean by documented.

I can assure you there are no goal post shifts here. It never happened. The point is that effectiveness is never evaluated. In order for a Southern Strategy to absolve Democrats from being the obvious racist slave owners that they always were, you need to prove that it worked. It emphatically did not. That was my point

You are welcome to nitpick but you're still hilariously wrong.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy
    In American politics, the Southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans. As the civil rights movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South who had traditionally supported the Democratic Party rather than the Republican Party. It also helped to push the Republican Party much more to the right.
    Now with 100% more evidence. Also the Civil War was about slavery and not state's rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard that Hitler was actually really sorry for everything he did as well. All better, right?[

Don't be ridiculous. The guy was an awful racist Democrat.

I'm sorry this cognitive dissonance inducing bombshell seems to be stumping you but, sadly, it's true.
    So racist he was rated as being 100% in line with the NAACP's positions on bills in 2004. Right.

People are not immutable in their viewpoints and can in fact be educated. Like Jane Elliot points out, every white person living in the United States who is not a racist has done so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Good lord, do you guys just nitpick everything. Yes, I'm aware it's not a constitutional mandate.

It's article 2, section 1. I am trying to point out that it exists for a reason.

The purpose of the electoral college is to FORCE campaigns to be national and not just cloistered behind the safe and comfy walls of densely populated cities.
    LOL when was the last time you saw a campaign in a place like CT for anything but fundraising? NY? CA?

the electoral college did anything but force them to be national. They can basically discount 35-40+ states.

without the electoral college you could have a political party muster up and campaign for millions of new votes in smaller states to offset larger states. Do you realize how many millions don't vote because their state is a lock one way or the other.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

And, what I find hilarious here is that you only care because you guys lose elections over it. That's all
    The electoral college has been discussed and argued over almost since inception virtually every election it has been an issue it's just that politicians never follow through on changing it. The democratic party doesn't have the balls to do anything bold and republicans like that it favors them even if democrats win this election it's highly unlikely the system will change.

10+ Year Old Account
    More specifically, adopting a broader scope in regards to campaigns.

This might be a concept you're familiar with: inclusive.

It was meant to be inclusive of all states.
    Moving goalposts?

"Inclusive of all states" is not the same thing as

to FORCE campaigns to be national and not just cloistered behind the safe and comfy walls of densely populated cities.
    We're already aware that the Electoral College was designed to be "inclusive" of the opinions of slaveowning states in such a way as their positions on owning slaves would not be assailable by the federal government, hun, but for some reason you keep trying to paint it as some sort of protector of democracy (which is really just a telegraph for the fact you don't view Democrats as Americans, lol).
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategyNow with 100% more evidence. Also the Civil War was about slavery and not state's rights.
    Right, but here's the problem with your horrible point.

It didn't work. The South continued to be swept by Democrats periodically throughout the decades in various elections.

If it was a "strategy" then it was a horrible one.

I mean I can understand your incredible determination to be correct since the entire Democratic religion depends on being the "good guys" in spite of all American history.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to learn to read better, I didn't say it wasn't being used, I said it wouldn't be used. There is a difference between present and future tense in the English language. But you missed the main point anyway.
    The point being that there are things you want to use the land for that city dwellers do not, and prevent you from doing so.

What things are those?

- - - Updated - - -

Right, but here's the problem with your horrible point.

It didn't work. The South continued to be swept by Democrats periodically throughout the decades in various elections.

If it was a "strategy" then it was a horrible one.
    "Our cultural strategy didn't work immediately therefore it wasn't a thing", again - arguing that it took place over a long time is not disproof of its existence. That's how cultural and political trends work.

Moving goalposts?

"Inclusive of all states" is not the same thing as

We're already aware that the Electoral College was designed to be "inclusive" of the opinions of slaveowning states in such a way as their positions on owning slaves would not be assailable by the federal government, hun, but for some reason you keep trying to paint it as some sort of protector of democracy (which is really just a telegraph for the fact you don't view Democrats as Americans, lol).
    Hey, I mean, we could always be the United State of America.

But, sadly, we aren't.

I'm not wrong though. Not at all.

I have literally no issue holding my ground against all this ridiculous nonsense. It's history.
    Except the evidence, the KKK supporting Trump and Republicans now, and everything like history? Yeah, STILL WRONG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I mean, we could always be the United State of America.

But, sadly, we aren't.
    We're not the Confederate States of America either, which y'all seem to have trouble forgetting with this "states rights" bullshit.

The point being that there are things you want to use the land for that city dwellers do not, and prevent you from doing so.

What things are those?

- - - Updated - - -

"Our cultural strategy didn't work immediately therefore it wasn't a thing", again - arguing that it took place over a long time is not disproof of its existence. That's how cultural and political trends work.
    Right, but then there's the whole droves of Democrats dying Democrats that never switched. I guess maybe they missed your "Psst... we're Republicans now, bros" memo.

Whoosh.

Yes, because I totally believe that 164 million people live in New York and California. It was sarcasm. You should look into it.

The point was that the electoral college exists for a reason. Otherwise, the overly educated liberal elites that fly from New York to California wouldn't be forced to realize that there is in fact America down there and that it's not all hypocritical virtue signaling coastal cities.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    No but they have a huge supply of capital which can buy all those things.
    Those little area's you spoke about represented what 65-69% of the total GDP in this country in 2016 election.

BTW you think those silly city slickers don't own things like mines, timber companies, cement corporations, etc etc??

For example do you know that the vast majority and i mean VAAASST majority of all cement operations and production in this country is foreign owned? Not owned by Us citizens outside of the "cities". On top of the fact that the vast majority of cement production is outside of this country.

Easily sourced by those silly liberals in those big cities.
    Which is of course why you so desperately want to continue to control them. You know if the rural areas formed their own countries you would no longer have that.

The US is still the 3rd largest manufacture of cement in the world, btw.

Don't forget, you would have to source most of your water, power, and food as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, but then there's the whole droves of Democrats dying Democrats that never switched.
    Restating "it took place over a long time" in a different way doesn't make your point less wrong, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is of course why you so desperately want to continue to control them. You know if the rural areas formed their own countries you would no longer have that.

The US is still the 3rd largest manufacture of cement in the world, btw.

Don't forget, you would have to source most of your water, power, and food as well.
    Sure. We can just buy it from the rural countries at cut rate prices since they have no negotiating power by virtue of their nonexistent economies.

You're literally using Brexit arguments right here.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Except the evidence, the KKK supporting Trump and Republicans now, and everything like history? Yeah, STILL WRONG.
    So, just to be clear, the KKK supports the candidate that established opportunity zones in inner city areas to drive funding to underpriviledged citizens (predominantly minority) in America? They backed the candidate who passed a historical funding for HBCU legislation? They backed the candidate who collaborated for prison reform thereby releasing a large number of unfortunately imprisoned African Americans at the hand of Bill Clinton's awful crime bill?

Well, like I said, the KKK must be horrible at their job.

So, sadly, nothing really proven