[EU] EU lawmakers reach agreement on law targeting Big Tech

I have been pretty vocal about my disdain towards big tech. So it comes at no surprise I'm a bit hyped about this headline:

https://www.euractiv.com/section/dig...ting-big-tech/

MEPs have reached a compromise on the most controversial aspects of the EU regulation that will introduce strict obligations for internet giants.

The Digital Markets Act (DMA) is designed to regulate gatekeepers, online platforms so large that they have a systemic role in the internet economy. Until now, MEPs have been scrambling on provisions around the scope, killer acquisitions, and targeted advertising.

The proposal is now expected to be adopted by the European Parliament’s internal market and consumer protection committee on 22 November, with then voted on during the December plenary session.
    What's most interesting to me is how big the fangs of the DMA are going to be. And it seems they're going to be massive:

Non-compliance

The measures for systemic non-compliance under Article 16 are the most feared by the internet giants as they enable the EU executive to impose structural or behavioural remedies, which in the most extreme cases might include breaking up the platform into separate entities.

Systemic non-compliance will be considered after two infringements, and after the first offence behavioural remedies could be imposed.

The sanctions regime has also been toughened by MEPs. The minimum fine was set to 4% of the annual turnover, which might reach a maximum of 20%.
    This is the type of law I'd like to support. Fines ranging from 4% to 20% annual turnover? Heck yeah, let's go! Even breaking them up if necessary? That's almost verbatim what I said before needs to happen. Good times to be in the EU once more! Fuck big tech.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Good step in the right direction.

Great, we got the theory. Now onto the practical application. Then i might consider an opinion on this.