Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seratox View Post
    Buy a house IRL and then you won't care whether or not you can buy one in a game.
    Me and my husband own a house and an Apartment, I want housing in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Another house? Jesus how many houses/apartments do I need to own before I lose interested in housing in WoW?
    Now that's a thinly veiled brag if I ever seen one.

I will say it IS pretty ridiculous that there's literally nothing.

They don't even have guild housing. Just completely nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Now that's a thinly veiled brag if I ever seen one.
    Bragging? Is it really that hard to own your property? Maybe it is. *shrug* Bragging, imo, would be mentioning that I bought a shit load of ATVI at ~$11 and sold it at ~$80. Now THAT would be bragging.

Regardless, I can't be the only one on this forum that both owns property AND wants in game housing.

Bragging? Is it really that hard to own your property? Maybe it is. *shrug* Bragging, imo, would be mentioning that I bought a shit load of ATVI at ~$11 and sold it at ~$80. Now THAT would be bragging.

Regardless, I can't be the only one on this forum that both owns property AND wants in game housing.
    How priviledged does one have to be if owning propery is nothing special lol? Glad you doing good tho.

Its a dumb feature that a very very small niche group of people want. Use resources on usefull and wanted stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    How priviledged does one have to be if owning propery is nothing special lol? Glad you doing good tho.
    It's all relative I guess.

Edit:
    Reminds me of one of my all time favorite songs:
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-11-05 at 08:13 AM.

Can we just not? There are better systems which we could get in WoW and it would be easier to maintain too - Armor recoloring, class halls, guild halls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Can we just not? There are better systems which we could get in WoW and it would be easier to maintain too - Armor recoloring, class halls, guild halls.
    I'll never understand people wanting guild halls over personal housing.

This is probably the last thing on my wishlist, slightly below costumes for pets (and I never done any pet battling, nor collected any pets).

If I could get developers to spend time on a silly project, then this would be at or near the bottom of the list. Being able to fly in Silvermoon would be higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Source on this?

As usual it is a shame that ppl like OP can write big swear words but not include a poll. As skewed as it might be with something like only 300 ppl voting, but this thread DOES gather attention. So it is something that moves people.

Personally I would vote "Don't care as long as I see it"

Housing seems as interesting as dressing up your Barbie dolls. But hey...multi-million business...what do I know? People like to play Barbie Doll simulators in WoW with transmogs, too. So maybe they look at their shitty, dollar store furniture and messy room and wish at least in a fantasy realm they could live somewhere nice?

BTW: I don't count Garrisons as "housing" attempt anymore.
    The poll would be skewed even with 10 000 votes, if it was made on this forum. The people who frequent this forum is not a representative of the playerbase at all. Most of the playerbase doesn't read news about wow, patch notes, or discuss wow on a fansite.

It's fine if you dont count Garrison as a housing attempt, even though Blizzard themselves calls it that. That just proves how you don't represent the majority.
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    Dude, please, stop.
    I know, its hard to take in. I'll try to stop.

I'll never understand people wanting guild halls over personal housing.
    I will never understand people wanting housing in WoW. There are other games for that and I would rather get an extra dungeon rather then devs trying to make housing appealing for more than 5% of people and keep it up to date.
    There would not be balance - either it's meaningless and niche as pet battles with much more maintenance or if it gives bonuses people will get gimped and will have to go back and do old content in future expansions not to suck.
    I am sure there are ways out of that but they can lock those bonuses behind something more appealing.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't want ingame housing, I own several properties. Owning a property or two isn't anything special, and if you have a mortgage, you shouldn't say that you own anything. Same with a car you're paying for monthly, stop paying and what happens? The owners take the property/car back.
    I would REALLY not call "owning" an apartment in the US very special. Let's not forget about 2007/8.

Buying ATVI shares at $11 and selling at $80 is cute. Try being able to brag about getting into the Bitcoin game early and selling during christmas of 2017.
    Hi

So many people come to these threads with the same tired "garrisons were housing and people hated it so Blizzard won't do it again". No. Garrisons were NOT housing. At least the version we got wasn't. All they need to do is follow the same model as ESO or Wildstar. Wildstar had the most incredible housing system in an MMO and they only had a portion of Blizzard's funds. So if Blizzard says they can't do it, it has nothing to do with resources. It's because they're fucking lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The poll would be skewed even with 10 000 votes, if it was made on this forum. The people who frequent this forum is not a representative of the playerbase at all. Most of the playerbase doesn't read news about wow, patch notes, or discuss wow on a fansite.

It's fine if you dont count Garrison as a housing attempt, even though Blizzard themselves calls it that. That just proves how you don't represent the majority.
    Blizzard calls it that so they don't actually have to give us proper player housing. There is no way in hell they ACTUALLY consider garrisons player housing.

Why aren't Garrisons player housing?
    You have options for buildings and ornaments that show off your accomplishments.
    It gives you access to important functions, like bank/AH and it's the hub for your followers.
    It progresses along your character.

What exactly does it take to qualify? Wallpaper-options?
    Mother pus bucket!

7+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand people wanting housing in WoW. There are other games for that and I would rather get an extra dungeon rather then devs trying to make housing appealing for more than 5% of people and keep it up to date.
    An extra dungeon...... yeah, how exciting. What would draw more people to the game: an extra dungeon or player housing?

I know I know, a lot of people think of wow as nothing more than a dungeon crawler/raid game. However, housing and dungeons/raids are, most definitely, not mutually exclusive. There's a lot more casuals in this game than there are hard core players. Similar to transmog, I think players would go absolutely nuts over player housing.

There would not be balance - either it's meaningless and niche as pet battles with much more maintenance or if it gives bonuses people will get gimped and will have to go back and do old content in future expansions not to suck.
    So many examples of player housing in MMOs in which this is not a situation what so ever.

I am sure there are ways out of that but they can lock those bonuses behind something more appealing.
    Player housing should have no bonuses at all. Problem solved. Player housing should be aesthetic only just like transmogs.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Why aren't Garrisons player housing?
    You have options for buildings and ornaments that show off your accomplishments.
    It gives you access to important functions, like bank/AH and it's the hub for your followers.
    It progresses along your character.

What exactly does it take to qualify? Wallpaper-options?
    No you don't. The ornaments were promised but never made it to game. You also can't customize the way buildings looked like it was promised either. Everyone has the same fucking garrison. The important functions also made it not player housing because housing should NEVER be a hub you never leave.

Look at FF14, Wildstar, ESO, and SWTOR. Full customization would make it player housing. Not predetermined buildings that only fit in specific spots.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't want ingame housing, I own several properties.
    Thank god I never suggested owning propety means you would want player housing. If I had, you'd have owned me!

Owning a property or two isn't anything special, and if you have a mortgage, you shouldn't say that you own anything. Same with a car you're paying for monthly, stop paying and what happens? The owners take the property/car back.
    I would REALLY not call "owning" an apartment in the US very special. Let's not forget about 2007/8.
    You should tell that to the other guy. I never suggested it was special. I'm thinking you quoted the wrong person at this point.

Buying ATVI shares at $11 and selling at $80 is cute. Try being able to brag about getting into the Bitcoin game early and selling during christmas of 2017.
    Or how about talking about the 500 shares of Apple stock my Grandfather gifted me when I graduated high school in 1986. Bought my first house with that. But this is out of context. My comment was relevant to the quote I was responding to.