Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Anyone a lawyer, 30day rule ahadowlands release date?

Basically have been reading a lot about if a preorder existed for a specific release date and the release date got pushed back, the company is obligated to give refunds (obviously) as well as release their product within the 30day window unless they have full consent from customer.

Not sure if true or bologna.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...elephone-order

They are already giving out refunds.

Are you planning on suing them if they don't release on November 26th?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    People acting like it's the first video game delay in history..

Some people have way too much free time on their hands..
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

LOL!!!!!! Kids man. You guys are great! ROFL!

Man there are some real Karens around here

If you didn't notice pre-order always said "available before 31 December". There is a reason for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    People complain all the time that game companies dont delay games that need it.
    And people wonder why game companies dont delay games anymore.
    People like this are why.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by onchehap View Post
    man there are some real karens around here
    lol!!!!!!!! Dead!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, don't tell that people who pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077.

I'm amazed that people are pre-purchasing a game that is in a death spiral...

They've already sent out offers to refund.

Karens and Kevins are shit out of luck here.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    People complain all the time that game companies dont delay games that need it.
    And people wonder why game companies dont delay games anymore.
    People like this are why.
    I'm very glad that Blizzard decided to ignore the screeching idiots for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I'm amazed that people are pre-purchasing a game that is in a death spiral...
    If it's in a death spiral, then why are you wasting time posting on one of it's fansites? You should have much better things to do, no?
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2020-10-03 at 07:40 PM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Basically have been reading a lot about if a preorder existed for a specific release date and the release date got pushed back, the company is obligated to give refunds (obviously) as well as release their product within the 30day window unless they have full consent from customer.

the 30 day rule is for specific orders, you really think the law covers them having to contact every single person who ever boguht their product?

No, that law covers if "Oh hey i sold you a jetskii, it will be a few days late" whatever "I sold you a jetski but it will be 31 days late" they need to ask you if that is ok, this does not cover mass delays, this covers individual delays.

I'm getting a refund because I have no intention to play anymore since I ordered in January. But I wouldn't even think about suing them. That is crazy.

Pretty sure as long as they deliver by Dec. 31 it is not even technically considered 'delayed' as far as any pre-purchase agreement goes, they aren't obliged to hand out refunds until they miss the New Year mark. It's only delayed relative to a community announcement, which is just a good as ye old SoonTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post

Lots of games get a delayed release. CD Projekt Red has pushed back Cyberpunk 2077, twice. (Fine with me as they will be able to deliver on the polish and quality that their studio is known for.)

If you are going to sue a game developer because they want to release a better quality product, you really need to reexamine your priorities in life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Pretty sure as long as they deliver by Dec. 31 it is not even technically considered 'delayed' as far as any pre-purchase agreement goes, they aren't obliged to hand out refunds until they miss the New Year mark. It's only delayed relative to a community announcement, which doesn't mean anything.
    ^^^ The prepurchase date legally is december 31st, as that is the date set on your original purchase.
    the date of the 27th was legally a "you get it early" date. this way if they do need to delay, they have till december 31st before they could even possibly hit legal trouble. (In specific countries)

how many times have cyberpunk been pushed bak at this point? like 2-3 times? These entitled kids must have a field that with those delay announcements

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    I'm very glad that Blizzard decided to ignore the screeching idiots for once.

If it's in a death spiral, then why are you wasting time posting on one of it's fansites? You should have much better things to do, no?
    If the game is so good then why aren't you playing the game right now instead of posting on one of it's fansites?