Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to imagine something like the Pitlords starting off as a natural race, they seem so perfectly demonic.

Has it been confirmed that any demonic race with a homeworld must have been mortal at one time? I don't see why planets couldn't exist naturally within the Twisting Nether and have demon races originate there as demons to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    It's hard to imagine something like the Pitlords starting off as a natural race, they seem so perfectly demonic.

Has it been confirmed that any demonic race with a homeworld must have been mortal at one time? I don't see why planets couldn't exist naturally within the Twisting Nether and have demon races originate there as demons to begin with.
    No, it's not been confirmed. There are still a few races who, pending further details, are natives of the Twisting Nether and thus "naturally" demonic. Chronicle Vol. 1 confirms that Pit Lords or Annihilians are born in the Nether. They only officially joined the Burning Legion after the corruption of the Eredar, though; as they were recruited by Kil'jaeden and Archimonde. The Nathrezim, Sayaad, and probably the Shivarra are all of natural demonic stock - born in the Nether, and later recruited by the Legion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

3+ Year Old Account

in WC3 they literally share the same skeleton, base, and even animations with the Magnataurs (the Pitlords has decay bone and the Magnataur has dissipate animations); I got the impression that their former selves were some Magnataur-like creature on whatever planet they came from
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    in WC3 they literally share the same skeleton, base, and even animations with the Magnataurs (the Pitlords has decay bone and the Magnataur has dissipate animations); I got the impression that their former selves were some Magnataur-like creature on whatever planet they came from
    they had no former selves tho. pitlords are 100% original demons
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Fel lands next expac

Side effects may include: Uncontrollable bloodlust, growing spikes, and an insatiable desire to destroy all that is cute and fluffy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

They probably started out as kodos with indigestion.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxuvox View Post
    Nope...there are Demonic Races...Felguards, Imps, Infernals, Shivarra etc....all demonic races, born of fel, not something afflicted with it. I suppose you could call them Fel Races too.
    And the Pit Lords/Annihilan too... that said, it's a little disappointing that the Burning Legion - the main demonic faction we are aware of - was led by surprisingly few true demons.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    With all the information that came can we now assume that demonhood is a condition that you become after dealing with fel and demonic magic? So any race can become demon like being undead. And no race is actually demon itsel even the nathrezim.
    I would consider the alternative that there are many demon races. Eredar, for example, are fully demonic and no longer the core 'Draenei' race. They are fully demonic, just as a Nightborne is not just a Night Elf that likes Arcane magic but is considered a completely different race. Same with Void Elf now from Blood Elf etc.

A Fel Orc is technically a demonic race because they are heavily afflicted by Fel to the point of becoming demonic. That is what lore tells us, anyways. As for it being a condition, well lore says it's reversable as seen by Grom in WC3, and there may be other means of 'curing' this as we have seen the Light-forged Nathrezim too. It may be a case that Grom wasn't fully Fel Orc (though Reforged seems to make it so) and maybe even Illidan is still considered Night Elf somehow, but overall in lore I think these are exceptions to the rule and the rule is that generally these races would be considered 'Demons' given enough time and exposure to fel.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    maybe even Illidan is still considered Night Elf somehow, but overall in lore I think these are exceptions to the rule and the rule is that generally these races would be considered 'Demons' given enough time and exposure to fel.
    didn't he die in TBC and his soul was just crystalized to prevent him from regenerating in the twisty nether
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    With all the information that came can we now assume that demonhood is a condition that you become after dealing with fel and demonic magic? So any race can become demon like being undead. And no race is actually demon itsel even the nathrezim.
    Yes. sorta.
    there is no actual demon race, all the demons we see were once normal races transformed by some sort of magic to become demons, why we see stuff like the imps outside of the legion, and well felguards and stuff not actually being demons and having been their own race.

there is a couple of exceptions.

Infernals, in theory they arte ONLY demons, but only really because they are basically fire elementals but made of fel, shoved into stone.
    Nathazim- but this is like super up in the air and confusing right now so like we dont know
    succubi- again not sure, it may even be cannon now these are descendents of the female nathrezim, again stuff is prettty in the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I dunno what the official lore was / is, but I don't see any evidence that there are any "demons" who were born from some kind of evil life force before Sargeras. Annihilan became Pit Lords, Grell became Imps, Nathrezim became Dread Lords, etc. Sargeras himself became the Fallen Titan, and all of the Man'ari were Eredar (or vice versa) before they were given the power of Fel. It's just a power that changed mortals into immortal demons, binding their souls for all eternity.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Daglop

There is a legend that some of our ancestors can be found on this world that are not part of the Legion. I bet they are boring.

This seems like confirmation for grell to imp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler

SPoiler

Nath are from shadowlands, its in a missive to infiltrate the burning legion, the army of light, etc, they are infiltrators not originals, their thing is being manipulative, the jailer might even be nath
    Last edited by Begrudge; 2020-10-20 at 11:55 PM.
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

The fact that this discussion is even happening because of the potential plot development that the goddamned Dreadlords aren't actually demons give me a headache.

What is the supposed point of this banal twist that undermines the foundation of the story with Sageras and the legion? So that Betauser's OC doughnut steel death lord can look better by having 'secretly' (i.e. asspulled) been playing eleventeen D chess all along?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?