10+ Year Old Account

Memory_management BSOD & Hardware problem

Hello. Check ---> https://imgur.com/a/uC1f1UH for BoD info & stuff.
    So i have memory problems that crash any program like web browser, discord, games etc after any thing from 10 seconds to half an hr. The SFC /scan now also says "Powershell has found corrupted files but was unable to fix some of them"

Would something like this be fixed with a new SSD?

Hello there.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Would something like this be fixed with a new SSD?
    Why do you suspect your SSD? Winmemtest results indicate you have a memory problem, not a storage problem.

Hello. Check ---> https://imgur.com/a/uC1f1UH for BoD info & stuff.
    So i have memory problems that crash any program like web browser, discord, games etc after any thing from 10 seconds to half an hr. The SFC /scan now also says "Powershell has found corrupted files but was unable to fix some of them"
    Looks like you have a problem with memory. Causes would be (in order of probability):

1) Bad BIOS settings. Try reseting CMOS and updating BIOS.
    2) Faulty power delivery to either RAM or the memory controller (which is inside of the CPU in all the newer CPUs). This in hand can either be caused by a bad PSU or bad motherboard.
    3) Bad RAM stick(s).
    4) Bad CPU.

In some cases this behavior can also be caused by drivers, which could indicate a storage problem, but imo it's extremely unlikely. If you doubt your SSD you have to check your disk through another PC. Checkdisk with /r parameter first and then repair system files through repair console via installation media.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Hello there.

Why do you suspect your SSD? Winmemtest results indicate you have a memory problem, not a storage problem.

Another guy i asked said ” Hi there, I had this issue for like 5 months, I just bought a new ssd and clean installed windows and it fixed it”

So that’s why.. snd you save things to the SSD... so memory? Sorry i’m not that good at computer stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Also my full computer specs, My comp is a few years old now

Another guy i asked said ” Hi there, I had this issue for like 5 months, I just bought a new ssd and clean installed windows and it fixed it”

So that’s why.. snd you save things to the SSD... so memory? Sorry i’m not that good at computer stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Also my full computer specs, My comp is a few years old now

Yea, I dont know exactly how Windows build-in kind of memtest works, but in theory your SSD shouldnt be involved in testing at all. The fact that it detected errors most likely means you have memory issues, not storage.

I suggest getting Memtest86 and running it from an USB stick to be sure.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2020-10-11 at 12:06 PM.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve ordered some Ram sticks and will see if that fixes any thing.

so memory? Sorry i’m not that good at computer stuff.

I’ve ordered some Ram sticks and will see if that fixes any thing.
    Make sure you get the older ddr3 and not the more common ddr4 now