Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Sylvanas post helm destruction

Would like to hear theories why she didn't kill Bolvar after shattering the helm?

I did question the same thing, my guess is that her only goal was to break the helm.

I think a better question would be that since no one is controlling the scourge will they be roaming Azeroth through out the expansion or only for the pre patch

I would think since her plan for a while now has been feeding souls to the jailor, bolvar( who has to have somewhat powerful anima) would have been easy money

Made zero sense.

The real reason is they wanted Bolvar as the Magni of the expansion. The anchor-NPC. They thought it was cool.

Now, in Blizzard’s Headquarters, they are trying to find a reason for that, something like 4D chess BS. They have plenty of time for that.

Of course, it won’t make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-GR View Post
    Made zero sense.

The real reason is they wanted Bolvar as the Magni of the expansion. The anchor-NPC. They thought it was cool.

Now, in Blizzard’s Headquarters, they are trying to find a reason for that, something like 4D chess BS. They have plenty of time for that.

Of course, it won’t make any sense.
    Why is it every time someone asks a question in the, wait for it, LORE SECTION there's always someone who comes in with a Doylian, almost universally negative, response instead of an in-universe Watsonian one?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Sylvanas has a tendency to overestimate herself and underestimate others - I assume she left Bolvar alive because without the Helm, and without control of the Scourge, she no longer considered him a threat or even worth concerning herself over. Pretty basic villain stuff, really. Having defeated him and taken what she wanted, he simply no longer mattered to her - she dismissed him without further thought.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

So he could send the players into Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gstheone View Post
    Would like to hear theories why she didn't kill Bolvar after shattering the helm?
    Sylvannas saw him as a puppet and imo didn't see him as a threat with or without the helm. With the helm shattered and the way opened, killing him would not do anything for her. Im sure later on she will probably regret it since hes become an important part of navigating the shadowlands and more importantly the maw.

5+ Year Old Account
    IMO, I think its important to remember how arrogant Sylvannas is. Her killing Bolvar would be her admitting that he was worth her time. Leaving him alive to live in his failure is the ultimate spit in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Sylvanas has a tendency to overestimate herself and underestimate others - I assume she left Bolvar alive because without the Helm, and without control of the Scourge, she no longer considered him a threat or even worth concerning herself over. Pretty basic villain stuff, really. Having defeated him and taken what she wanted, he simply no longer mattered to her - she dismissed him without further thought.
    Yeah, it's a typical villain thing that makes them look stupid as fuck. Bolvar was the Lich King, however weaker than Arthas he likely knows a whole lot about the realms of Death that Sylvanas is about to invade, and Azeroth boasts a laundry list of NPCs that managed to rally the factions to fight the good fight on their behalf- Sylvie herself was part or at least aware of some of these times. With how ludicrously overpowered she is it would take all of two seconds to kill what is now a liability, he's kneeling right there so it's not like she has to go out of her way.

It's the same reason she didn't kill Genn in Stormheim despite having every reason and opportunity to do so. Pure temporary stupidity on her part. That or they'll make it part of yet another hilariously convoluted scheme that blows up in her face like every other time.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2020-10-01 at 05:11 AM.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Sylvanas herself was once underestimated by Arthas and the Dreadlords and she took full advantage of it. So it doesn't make sense that she wouldn't understand the importance of not making that mistake. its like she forgot her own lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Also like most megalomaniacs she likes to have an audience when doing her stuff. Sometimes so that they can witness her "great" deeds, sometimes to make them suffer, sometimes a bit of both.

With Delaryn she wanted her to see Teldrassil burning to suffer (like she herself had at Quel'Thalas), with Bolvar she both wanted him to see and hear her declaration "I will set us all freeeee" but she also wanted him to suffer the loss of everything that gave the rest of his life meaning (protecting the world from an uncontrolled Scourge).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Sylvanas herself was once underestimated by Arthas and the Dreadlords and she took full advantage of it. So it doesn't make sense that she wouldn't understand the importance of not making that mistake. its like she forgot her own lore.
    Not quite. She just considers herself way waaaay above Arthas and the Dreadlords and thinks us all as nothing but insects, so such concerns do not exist for her.

Plot armor, ok?
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

There are plenty of reasons but if you want to focus on Blizzard being bad for no real reason what so ever, go ahead. Your negativity must have a great impact on your life =)

To give you a reason, Sylvanas wanted Bolvar to be alive just to have someone tell everyone what she did. just so they would follow her into the Shadowlands. That's one out of 100s of legit reasons anyone, even people lacking creative thinking, could come up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    Plot armor, ok?
    She broke his armor though
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Gstheone View Post
    My Theory is she doesn't want him in the Shadowlands. He has experience as the Lich King and is marked by the Maw, it's possible his presence may ruin her plans.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnfairStuff View Post
    IMO, I think its important to remember how arrogant Sylvannas is. Her killing Bolvar would be her admitting that he was worth her time. Leaving him alive to live in his failure is the ultimate spit in the face.
    I think this is pretty much it, Aside from plot armour this is a good bet, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Why is it every time someone asks a question in the, wait for it, LORE SECTION there's always someone who comes in with a Doylian, almost universally negative, response instead of an in-universe Watsonian one?
    Because most of the lore is dumb and written by retards.
    This is just an other exemple.

Arrogance. Sylv had just defeated him while he was in Lich King mode, so in that moment of hubris she deemed him a non-threat and let him live, as he, too, would eventually join all the world in death. It's a common theme for villain factions that they see us and our allies more as a nuisance than anything to be concerned about.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Maybe because "Doylian" explanation almost always is the only one that makes sense, no matter how many walls of text Aucald posts here to excuse dumb plot points.