Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    if they actually take this time to balance things out , it's more than worth it .

All these angry people, lol. Sometimes things come up at the last minute. Just because you’re angry and you want to wag an angry finger in any direction other than yours, doesn’t mean you’re right when you say they’ve been lying this whole time about the state of things.

Shadowlands is going to be a great expansion. It’s 100% worth whatever extra time they’re taking to make it right. Balance has, and always will be, a pipe dream. Balance need not apply when you’re playing with your friends, you can play whatever you want and clear whatever you want - assuming you’re good enough.

Just tell your bosses that you need to reschedule because the game you took vacation to play got delayed. I’m sure they’ll understand.

Everything, including they way they were doing alpha and beta and this, eventual, delay makes me feel they reeeally invested into Shadowlands. I guess their BfA fuck up was absolutely GIGANTIC and they are now acutally trying to make a good expansions, cause there is no room for a failure anymore.

I think this is the right move. There are some pretty glaring balance issues they need to work out and, while balance will still be a problem at launch, this will give them some time to mitigate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I doubt it's delayed much more than a month. I'd say end of November max, any later and the release of the raid will be in a very awkward position. Then again releasing this the same week as Cyberpunk would be... questionable at best methinks. So maybe this will go this mid-December and the raid releases after the holidays; would make for a long ass pre-patch however.

But if Blizzard feels it necessary to delay, delay away.
    I'm betting this releases in the first week of December, with the first raid opening the first week of January. Scourge invasion starts around Thanksgiving.

I'm in the beta. This was NOT ready for release, it's a buggy mess. All of it needs a lot of work. I'm betting there's going to be some big changes rolling through in all of it - Chromie time, professions, the maw, Torghast, all of it. The only parts that don't need a lot of work are dungeons and the raid. Covenants, soulbinds and conduits are going to see the most changes, even as far as conduits being scrapped outright.

You don't defy Activision-Blizzard and the shareholders and take the public slam to your reputation over small tweaks and polishing. They hit the emergency brakes, hard. They have to include this in the Q3 shareholder call now, and that's not going to go over well.

I'm not saying they can't recover. I'm not saying this is a bad thing. But for them to slam on the brakes this late into beta...yeah. You don't do this for another week or two of tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Warcraft III: Reforged also all got delayed, off the top of my head.
    And what a glowing example of Blizzard's "quality standards" that gem of a game turned out to be, especially considering how long it got delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I almost feel like this is so naxx will come out for classic and they can get ppl after a month or two of that to buy the box.
    I'm sure that if their reason for delaying the cash cow that is an expansion, was a raid and its predicted longevity in Classic, they'd have given us a later release date to begin with.

I attribute this delay not to what's literally said in the post, but rather to the fact that my hamster is poorly. They want to delay the game until such a time where I can enjoy the game without caring for a poorly pet.

Yep. That's it.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-10-01 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Smartasses being all smug like oh yeeee, how could you not have seen this coming, totally OBVIOUS.

No, it wasn't totally obvious you smug c*nts. Because shit used to release in whatever shit state it was at the announced date in the past. Al-fucking-ways. No a single exception.

This was NOT obvious. This was NOT to be expected. You're just being smug ass fucking c*nts. This is just about the most unusual and unforeseeable thing Blizzard have done in like the last 20 years.
    I mean, TBC was delayed so...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sad about this but also I'm gonna have more time to level my new main with the new system so that's okay with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvlx View Post
    Why are people like you so combative? Like just take the information and move on, honestly.

Also people saying it wasn't going to be delayed aren't "white knighting" Blizzard, it was based on 15 years of not happening before.
    TBC was delayed for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Egolock View Post
    fuck you fuck this company fuck this game fuck it all, thanks you fucking cucks. Some of us are only allowed a small portion of time off from work each and every damned year! My time off requests have to be submitted 8 weeks prior....I CANNOT CHANGE IT NOW!
    you should be mad at your boss/company for being so stingy with your hours and time off.

I don't mind the delay other than having to readjust my time off, its no big deal. And while I welcome the delay because things need work, I have my doubts blizzard will make good use of the extra time.

From the class beta forums I follow, no one is excited about their class from any prospective it seems. The issues with covenants are still a huge factor for players, and having 2/3rds of you specs be suboptimal so you can have the best ability for your main spec is terrible design. And while this delay sounds like they are listening, I hear the same complaints now that I did months ago, and they just keep marching forward with class changes people hate and borrowed power systems people loathe.

I really i have high hopes for this expansion and at the same time low expectations.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

I'm really glad they decided to do this. Shadowlands needed extra time.

Good stuff Blizz <3

Of course, they announce the delay the day after I reactivate my subscription. o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    didn't expect that..

things people asked for are done

things no one asked for are not done

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    sorry what i meant to say was i took a sick day. i never scheduled a whole vacation around it. im not on my high horse, i just think its funny that people schedule vacation around a game instead of actually taking a vacation.
    well, a lot of people think playing a video game like wow where you have to scheduale raid times and be on time for raids / apply to guilds is funny. wow is a funny game because it really can be time consuming and that is the appeal of it to many people. being able to just play WoW for a week while getting paid instead of working is a great idea for a vacation for a lot of people including myself. I'm not going anywhere anyway because of the coronavirus and wouldn't anyway. I hate traveling and "vacations".

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    To all of you who took some time off to play at launch: ROFL.
    Joke's on you, I can just re-schedule my vacation days.

This is good news, but I'm still not fully convinced that it's even possible to make the Covenant system good or balanced even if the game is delayed honestly.