Poll: If Aliens seeded earth does that mean Earth and Humans are their property?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    *shrugs*
    Strength/power, and the will to use it is the ultimate virtue.
    So..as they say, not as we say.

Legally? According to whom? Earth based life? Then no. Alien interplanetary court? Maybe.

If they claimed it, came along to the planet and demand control over the planet, would we be able to do some kind of X-com or war of the worlds or Independence Day defence? Laughably no.

We have nukes. Do our nukes defeat their ownership claim?

Put another way: Does Dr. Frankenstein's claim if ownership over his monster matter if the monster rips his arms off and beats him to death with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

If their guns are bigger than our guns which most likely would be the case then yes.

You actually think your little firecrackers are going to be effective?
    Cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

(Assuming they could PROVE it!)
    If an alien species seeded Earth along with all life on it would Earth and everything on it legally become their property?

I am going to say No, but Technically Maybe
    I don't think any species that has sentience should be any other things property.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You actually think your little firecrackers are going to be effective?
    Cute.
    The bomb itself probably not, but the resulting EMP could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Our laws would matter little to them.

What if this is true, and sometime in the future aliens came and said "okay, looks like the human crop is finally ready to be harvested."

"Huh?! I'm not food, I'm a person."

"Yeah sorry, on our planet we eat humans."

"Bullshit, I'm a sentient being and you can't eat me."

"Sorry, it was always your future to be made into a biscuit. It's your fault for tasting so good."

"I have rights."

"You have the right to be delicious."

Think I'll go now and eat a big juicy burger before I start to make too much of a correlation to animals here.

Odds are if they seeded.. the EARTH.. with life.. and were still around to make claim very little could be done to stop them. We are talking about an alien race that was interstellar and able to do things like.. seed whole planets with life.. several BILLION years ago and then were still aware and able to come check in and make the claim... well.. that's all folks. We would either end up enslaved, destroyed, or left to be how they see fit. When that is the case they are the law. This isn't a movie so the plot armor isn't in our favor here.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I've learned anything from Prometheus it's that if that were true, the Earth is destined to become boring and unwatchable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I don't think any species that has sentience should be any other things property.
    Unless our sentience is basically nothing compared to theirs. An ant thinks it is king until it meets a boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    The bomb itself probably not, but the resulting EMP could be.
    Lol...as if alien tech would need to worry about needing electricity...at all.
    Think...think of an alien civilization that can pass through the heart of a star...on a whim.
    You need to understand that human tech can be seen as a joke.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Lol...as if alien tech would need to worry about needing electricity...at all.
    Think...think of an alien civilization that can pass through the heart of a star...on a whim.
    You need to understand that human tech can be seen as a joke.
    travel through space and time and whatnot also requires mechanisms against radiation. EMP is a hummingbird's fart if you sail close to galactic cores and magnetars.

Ya.
    Too many can't overcome the likely wrong thinking that what applies to human should apply to alien.
    Human limitations are just that; applicable to human.

Nope.

If I ate some seeds, then took a dump on your lawn, what grew from my turd would not belong to me, let alone what grew on that spot 4.5 billion years later.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I feel like we've touched on this idea a couple times before.

And I'm going with no. We've developed/ravaged this world and even if somebody came by saying they were responsible for the seed, we grew the tree. I'd just ask "hey, got any more of those seeds? We might've developed technology you hadn't thought of due a different environment, some exchange is in order."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    Unless our sentience is basically nothing compared to theirs. An ant thinks it is king until it meets a boot.
    I don't think an ant has the mental capacity to know it exists. I don't think an ant has any self-awareness. An elephant, whale, dolphin, and chimp probably has some self-awareness. They are capable of realizing their suffering. Even though they are not as intelligent as humans, their freedom should be respected.
    I would think an alien race who would be a lot more advanced than humans would respect that as well mainly because they would not need us for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I don't think an ant has the mental capacity to know it exists. I don't think an ant has any self-awareness.
    Only an ant would know...and even then it couldn't communicate to humans since it likely couldn't grasp that we...are.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would think the aliens would demand a paternity test if they came back to our planet and see the state it’s in.