Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

snake diet aka snake juice

has anyone actually TRIED it themselves? not just heard about it?

how long did u fast on it? how much weight did u lose? share your stories
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Just reading about that this morning...That doesn't look healthy at all...can imagine people would lose any muscle mass they have along with the obvious fat loss of fasting/ low calories.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post

Looks like a fantastic way to get rid of any muscles you may have and become malnourished.

For god sake lads, stop trying to fix your problems with fad diets and other 'secrets' and 'tricks', eat what you want as long as it's healthy and you are in a caloric deficit

I think the name speaks for itself
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, don't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Just reading about that this morning...That doesn't look healthy at all...can imagine people would lose any muscle mass they have along with the obvious fat loss of fasting/ low calories.
    >WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
    This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
    "Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
    This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
    "Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."
    read the article you linked. they aren't talking about prolonged fasting, they are talking about eating proper amount of calories every day just in a shorter window, aka intermittent fasting, NOT the same thing because you are STILL getting adequate nutrients every. single. day.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...iet#what-it-is

just.. don't.

I can't imagine how incredibly shit it must feel to not eat for a day or two at a time..

Imagine how sluggish your brain must be when it is being deprived of fuel.

Yes I know the liver can metabolize fatty acids into ketones which the brain can use as fuel, but its not as efficient as glucose.
    And since the brain can't actually store fuel, it needs it continuously, hence why it's a good idea to eat throughout the day.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2020-11-01 at 02:36 PM.

Don't try to cheat your way out of fat, it'll just wreck your health nine out of ten times.

Find a sport you like (most of them get a lot more fun if you give a genuine try rather than once a week half-assing things) and just don't eat too much of stuff.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

There's no shortcuts to weight loss, at all, not a single one.
    You want to lose weight? Calories in, calories out. Only thing in the world that matters. Eat mcdonalds everyday if you want.

Looks like the OMAD fasting option with a stupid name, not for me but it's not a death sentence to you or your muscle mass.

I went OMAD. Works for me. But I do eat normally for that week and don't do some weird crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    read the article you linked. they aren't talking about prolonged fasting, they are talking about eating proper amount of calories every day just in a shorter window, aka intermittent fasting, NOT the same thing because you are STILL getting adequate nutrients every. single. day.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...iet#what-it-is

just.. don't.
    what about intermittent fasting then? would u recommend that for losing weight?

this sounds about as healthy as breatharianism

what about intermittent fasting then? would u recommend that for losing weight?
    Why would you try gimmicky things, calories out calories in is all that matter, it does not matter at what hour you eat as long as you are in a caloric deficit, you want to lose weight? focus on low dense caloric foods with going a little high on protein, eat what you enjoy, and try to build a life habit out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I think the name speaks for itself
    I was thinking "snake oil" myself.

32 pounds in first 30 days. It works. You feel great. I went 6 days fasting and then a feast on the 7th day. Repeated 4 weeks. Just took two weeks off of eating once or twice a day and back at it. First couple days are tough on your hunger. After that, not eating is no big deal at all, your body is used to it. Your fat is your food. Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add I did no exercise as I drive for a living so I did that sitting behind the wheel all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Grump View Post
    32 pounds in first 30 days. It works. You feel great. I went 6 days fasting and then a feast on the 7th day. Repeated 4 weeks. Just took two weeks off of eating once or twice a day and back at it. First couple days are tough on your hunger. After that, not eating is no big deal at all, your body is used to it. Your fat is your food. Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add I did no exercise as I drive for a living so I did that sitting behind the wheel all day long.
    Its a shit diet nobody should use, try or recommend.
    You lost weight because you were in a calorie deficit.
    You will lose muscle, you will be tired, nothing good will come out of doing what you did.
    And its not sustainable in any way shape or form. Try doing it for a year, you will never make it. Shit, you wont even make 6 months. Doubtful if you'll even manage 3 months. Why? Ghrelin and leptin will skyrocket and you will suffer extremely for no reason and as a result, you will give up and you will rebound and gain more weight than you previously had due to "science".