Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    shadowlands end of dec now after this "update"

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I read here is "we didn't really think this through!" ... you know, like most of BFA.

Personally I am fully okay with the game taking until NEXT december if it means there will be a quality xpac released. And an improved pipeline.

They should have vetted players under NDA of all skill levels who can be trusted with feedback testing systems right now for the xpac to follow shadowlands so they can iterate on things with a massive amount of feedback and time to get it right. It shouldnt be elite players but it should be a variety of styles and skills to make sure the game is fun for everyone at some level, offers a satisfying introductory and lower skill level option with a reasonably high ceiling for those that want to push it, and systems that allow you to choose between wtih the more difficult ones giving a ~5% boost with perfect execution, and a ~3% loss if flubbed. Risk reward gameplay, satisfaction of doing it right, depth without being frightening- you'd be surprised that players can actually tell you what feels right when playing the game they love.
    Raid bosses can be tested, they dont need to have a form yet, just use old bosses but give them new mechanics you want to see tested.
    The last things the players need to see are quest and world content, whatever else. Make a tight, responsive and fun game to play and you could have us fight over a +5 int dog turd and we would love it.

I think people are missing the point of this delay by looking at it short term. This kicks into the 5 year plan they have laid out of when to get the next things rolling for the next expansion, and will hopefully mean a better integrated system of how to handle things in development and feedback. Also hopefully it opens their eyes to the need for a ghostcrawler 2.0. Someone to really fix the mechanics (And nerf paladins into the ground). I personally LOVE the delay because it shows at least a bare minimum respect for a quality product we havent felt lately.

These changes sound great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The big issue with the maw was the original reason to go there got scrapped.

The struggle with the maw was originally we were supposed to go there to get torghast keys, thats it, it was literally just for a few quests and torghast keys.
    but when we wanted those removed and blizz listened, they had to come up with reasons for us to want to go there, and so theyve had to rush to add reasons.
    hell until only a couple weeks ago there was no reason to go there other then your quests and unlocking a pretty cheap upgrade for torghast.
    Keys dropped from all content it wasn't a maw thing.

To be honest I think it was just cut for time and now they have a chance to fix it with the push back.

The conduit change is whatever... there glyphs the only classes that might change them are classes that need to hit a certain amount of stats for the scaling ones to be bis.

It's nice to know they are putting something in the maw but I suspect it will still mostly be know as the place where to torghast portal lives.

Dear lord just admit you got it wrong about the conduits and make them respec with a gold cost and let them each have a set per spec like glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Whoa, at some point they actually thought The Maw is good for release in this state?
    It is. Its just that people must have 9000 things to do thrown in their face when they enter a zone or they get confused.
    Last edited by Tesshin83; 2020-10-06 at 02:01 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its so tiresome to see Bizzard pulling this pointless shit and see players going along with it, parroting about meaningful choice, while there are at least two constant systems that are literally the same (PvE and PvP talents) that for obvious reasons are free to swap.

Reasons are to give people freedom of choice and customization. Conduits serve the same purpose, they are harmful for meaningful choice in the same degree as talents or essences are, then why the hell do Blizzard try to put a limitation on them?

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    I dont know why they keep wasting their time with stupid restrictions... just remove the damn restrictions and let people play how they want.

Then you can focus on actually making fun content that people might actually want to do, or hell actually make the maw fun...

Blizzturd doesn't want to let go of their control freak tendencies... this expac is gonna be a shit show.
    Because people get bored and complain everything is dull and boring and quit playing the game if they can do what they want for more then 3 hours.

This is basic human psychology.

You have to actually out restrictions on people to protect people from themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Its so tiresome to see Bizzard pulling this pointless shit and see players going along with it, parroting about meaningful choice, while there are at least two constant systems that are literally the same (PvE and PvP talents) that for obvious reasons are free to swap.

Reasons are to give people freedom of choice and customization. Conduits serve the same purpose, they are harmful for meaningful choice in the same degree as talents or essences are, then why the hell do Blizzard try to put a limitation on them?
    Because this is what the playerbase have been asking for years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the covenant balancing. I really hope they somehow let us choose who we want with minimal performance loss. I can definitely see myself playing less if half my gameplay is dedicated to grinding rep with a faction I don't care for with rewards I'm uninterested in.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Because people get bored and complain everything is dull and boring and quit playing the game if they can do what they want for more then 3 hours.

This is basic human psychology.

You have to actually out restrictions on people to protect people from themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Because this is what the playerbase have been asking for years?
    No, players surely havent been asking Blizzard to restrict talent swapping for years.

Con-don't-do-its from what I've seen in beta so far. Just crappie game idea that should be dumped into the Maw.

Seems like Shadowlands is in a state worse than "it just needs more polish". Personally I wish they would focus more on the core mechanics of each class instead of these borrowed power concepts. The ideas are cool but it seems like they just can't pull it off... IDK maybe the 3rd or 4th times the charm?

They messed up, we complain, they acknowledge it and offer to try better this time. We continue complaining that we had to complain in the first place. Then we forewarn of further complaints due to the inconvenience of the initial complaint and past complaints. I’m starting to loathe this website.

Not everything needs feedback. A zone designed and intended to be; hostile and difficult wasteland with or without goal or incentives is just that, a zone designed and intended to be; hostile and difficult wasteland with or without goal or incentives.

If the concept is what it is then the feedback isn’t feedback, it’s; implorement, suggestion, anger, sincere thoughtfulness, whines, etc, all personal opinions on what to do with a zone that seems lacking yet is fully realized already.

So, any changes made isn’t based on feedback, they’re changing it because people don’t know what to make of it because it’s currently not like any zone that can be compared to - not in a good or bad way, just different.

They could have used the feedback and make the maw into something that fits with blizzard’s intention for it instead of letting feedback change the zone completely to look like every other zone.

Lastly, just because the maw is what it is now, doesn’t mean it wasn’t going to or couldn’t be different later. I guess that means they didn’t have a plan for it if they are changing it to meet demands.

Kind of a shame as perhaps there should simply be some places intended to not be there for you to enjoy, just existing and create a mood.
    Last edited by dunkl; 2020-10-06 at 03:14 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    No, players surely havent been asking Blizzard to restrict talent swapping for years.
    yes they have, next your gunna sya players havent been asking for classic for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    Not everything needs feedback. A zone designed and intended to be; hostile and difficult wasteland with or without goal or incentives is just that, a zone designed and intended to be; hostile and difficult wasteland with or without goal or incentives.

If the concept is what it is then the feedback isn’t feedback, it’s; implorement, suggestion, anger, sincere thoughtfulness, whines, etc, all personal opinions on what to do with a zone that seems lacking yet is fully realized already.
    imagine if we had got to test mage towers, people would have complained constantly to the point it woulda been massivly nerfed to ez pz status.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I just want mounts in the maw.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    I just want mounts in the maw.
    then do some torghast and you will!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    basically maw getting revamped is what i read
    Let's remove the ability to switch gender then, and put a two week CD on transmog.