Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh, I thought the physical CEs got delayed too.

As for the covenant abilities, I don't actually mind the idea of Shadowlands borrowed power only working in the Shadowlands, what I really dislike is the inconsistency. IMO if we're gonna have borrowed power only work in the new content, we shouldn't lose it at the end of the expansion. We should be able to use our Artifacts in Legion content, and our Essences/Azerite Armour in BfA content. They can make 'borrowed power' work more like 'prestige levels' for an expansion, curbing overwhelming stat increases over the course of an expansion by using expansion-specific power boosts that will always work in that content.

Not letting things work in older content while removing the ones that does effectively makes it harder or drastically slows our ability to solo old raids and dungeons, and I don't really like that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Lore that justify it:

“Covenant abilities cant be used outside of the Shadowlands”

Nothing more is needed. Blizzard are writing the lore and there are no rules.
    Can you provide a piece of lore restricting it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    From a purely story or lore-based perspective it makes sense
    sylvanas used shadowlands powers to blast Saurfang ass off, in azeroth

She kick Bolvar ass with shadowlands powers, in Azeroth

So it doesn't make sense at all.

But of course, we can make up an arbitrary and rly, rly convenient excuse of why she can we can't, for the power of plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Lorewise it makes some sense to not be able to bring them outside of the Shadowlands, but outside of that the decision makes no sense at all. I hope it's reverted.
    Sylvanas used her covenant abilities out of the Shadowlands, same with the Lich King. So no, lorewise it doesn't even make sense.

Plus the Ascended grab souls and fly between retaining their powers and abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    But how did a covenant ability break something in old content, we can oneshot bosses with our main-abilities already.

Regardless its a 180 from Blizzard, Im not surprised though.
    Nobody is claiming to "need" the abilities in old content, but putting restrictions on current content like that is new.
    Well, when talking about "old content", I think we shouldn't look at Vanilla Ragnaros. Technically in BfA N'zoth will be "old content" and I don't think you'll one-shot him, with or without covenant ability.

One thing I was wondering, is there an AH in Shadowlands ? Would make sense not to. Will be fun trying to test out your rotation on Azeroth if you're missing one ability due to the impossibility to test in Org/Dala/Stormwind

They probably doing it because they want people to stay on the new content areas is my best guess still seems a silly way to do it imho!

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    Can you provide a piece of lore restricting it?
    I just did.

The lore is made up by Blizzard. They can make a pink bunny Warchief tomorrow if they want. WoW is a fantasy World. Blizzard can just say that members of the Alliance and Horde are not able to bring abilities outside of the shadowlands. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    They probably doing it because they want people to stay on the new content areas is my best guess still seems a silly way to do it imho!
    No, they're just running out of time. It's oct 8, less than 3 weeks away from their first tentative release date and they're still iterating on some covenant abiliites/legendaries/core spec abilities on the beta branch.

I just don't see the purpose of this change.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

But of course, we can make up an arbitrary and rly, rly convenient excuse of why she can we can't, for the power of plot.
    Is your character Sylvanas? Is your character teamed up with the jailor? No? Then the same rules doesn’t apply. Blizzard are writing the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

One thing I was wondering, is there an AH in Shadowlands ? Would make sense not to.
    There's usually no AH in new content, outside of an Engineering one. And I guess the brontasaurus mount

Quote Originally Posted by Voidism View Post
    I just don't see the purpose of this change.
    “It’s an RPG element” - casuals 2020

Is your character Sylvanas? Is your character teamed up with the jailor? No? Then the same rules doesn’t apply. Blizzard are writing the lore.
    There is no lore involved in this, your posts are kinda cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Sylvanas used her covenant abilities out of the Shadowlands, same with the Lich King. So no, lorewise it doesn't even make sense.

Plus the Ascended grab souls and fly between retaining their powers and abilities.
    Our characters are not Sylvanas or the Lich King. It make sense lorewise if Blizzard say so. After all they are writing it. It’s not real life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    There is no lore involved in this, your posts are kinda cringe.
    How do you know? Your post is kinda cringe.

7+ Year Old Account
    an yes, the convenient and lame excuse of why she can and we can't, thts exactly what blizzard is going to say

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Nope you are. Currently you can use it anywhere. Once Shadowlands / Pre-Patch hits you can only use it in BFA areas. It's been stated in a blog post awhile back by Blizzard.

Ok, you linked a couple abilities? I said all of the covenant abilities could cause some potential issues not just the teleport. So it is easier to balance it this way. Some abilities could have unintended interactions causing other bugs and glitches.
    Literally just logged on to the PTR, went to Azsuna, and the neck worked. In case you didn't know, the build on PTR right now IS the Shadowlands pre-patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

I mean you could say Sylvanas can break the rules via her connection with the Jailer whereas the Covenants don't have that power, but that's neither here nor there in regard to it just being a bad gameplay decision.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

“It’s an RPG element” - casuals 2020
    hehe or

"It’s an RPG element” - White Knight excuse department 2020.

Really wish they wouldn't make the digital content of a physical CE so commonplace by also making them available in the digital edition...

Our characters are not Sylvanas or the Lich King. It make sense lorewise if Blizzard say so. After all they are writing it. It’s not real life.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know? Your post is kinda cringe.
    You conveniently left out the Ascended, Kel'thuzad, wild gods, and Draka (seen stealing from a legion base in reality).

All of which still retain their abilities in both the shadowlands and reality. Wild gods arent native the shadowlands and Draka is an agent of the Necrolords not the Jailer.

You are trying way too hard to white knight this for who knows why but you are just straight up out of your sphere of knowledge on lore to be arguing the point you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.