Poll: What BFA System do you consider to have been successful?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I didn't mind easy benthic for my alts. I totally get where people havint to play lottery with them on multiple alts are coming from tho.
    But that's about it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devylknyght View Post
    You play alliance primarily I take it? I only play Horde. I thought Dazar Alor looked so awesome when I first got there.
    Nah, I've always mained Horde, but even so, the Ally levelling zones were imo much better than Horde's. And Dazar'alor looks like !@#$ to me, it feels like a temple, and a quite abandoned one, rather than this huge, prosperous capital of a millenary empire that it's supposed to be. Not to mention how impractical was gameplay-wise. Besides, how could Zandalar be this great, sprawling empire when it had almost no cities or towns other than the half abandoned Dazar'alor? Also, the music really gets on my nerves, and that's something that has seldom happened in WoW, where the music has traditionally one of its strongest points.

All subjective, I know, but still those are some of the reasons I remained unsubbed for like half the xpac.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Nothing. BFA is the first Expansion is which I spent 18-19 of the past 26 months unsubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Nah, I've always mained Horde, but even so, the Ally levelling zones were imo much better than Horde's. And Dazar'alor looks like !@#$ to me, it feels like a temple, and a quite abandoned one, rather than this huge, prosperous capital of a millenary empire that it's supposed to be. Not to mention how impractical was gameplay-wise. Besides, how could Zandalar be this great, sprawling empire when it had almost no cities or towns other than the half abandoned Dazar'alor? Also, the music really gets on my nerves, and that's something that has seldom happened in WoW, where the music has traditionally one of its strongest points.

All subjective, I know, but still those are some of the reasons I remained unsubbed for like half the xpac.
    Okay I gotcha. You said Zone Design could be BFAs only saving grace, so I was trying to not even give it that much credit lol. Sounds like we pretty much agree on most things. If by Zone Design, you were referring to the Artwork I think I can totally see that. They do a really nice job of having an aesthetic theme for each zone and sticking to it and fleshing it out. So, artwork well done as usual? Yes. Remarkable enough to be a saving grace of the expansion? My opinion would be no.

I also was unsubbed for a large part of the xpac for the first time in over 10 years. I really wanted to quit forever, but could not find anything else that was much better with what I consider solid ethics. So I have decided to have fun playing alts and leveling, but I will primarily stay away from the endgame hamster wheel of gear and borrowed power, and barring a shocking Lore revelation in this xpac, I will be staying away from any supplemental story content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corruption by far.

/grabspopcorn

You mean features?
    Successful features: None
    Features that I liked: Warfronts. Of course, untill they got axed cause the community whined too loud. And I only liked after the 2nd run cause the gear sets were awesome.

Successful Systems: None
    Features that I liked: None

From your list:
    Azerite Gear: Lmao
    PvP Cache: Rather have a vendor
    M+ Cache: Bracers gallore
    Lore: Turning a warchief into a villain once again/10
    Zone Design: Not a success
    Class Balance: lmao
    Island Expeditions: Cool on paper. Mindnumbing after the third one.
    War Campaign: Good. Not memorable enough to consider it successful.
    Raid Design: Cool Fights, not entirely unexpected.
    Warfronts: Read above
    Dungeon Design: Not a single fun one, sadly. Cata was my favorite dungeon design-wise.
    Corruption: Could have been good if they were disabled on pvp and not getting nerfed at all.
    Horrific Visions: Peak feature of 8.3, not BFA. The fact that hasn't carried it out to Shadowlands says it all, tho.
    Benthic Gear: Catch up gear isn't an exclusive feature of BfA. The exclusive part was the forging/socket proc. We all know how that went.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Warfronts were OK.

The way they structured the cosmetic reward from them however, wasn't. I gave up after doing the Arathi warfront every time it was up across 20 characters and not getting the one item I was after. Not sure I'll ever go back unless they add the appearances to a vendor for currency. Screw the RNG on RNG on RNG.

Is even a single system introduced in BfA coming with us into SL...? Allied races will remain playable ofc but the system of unlocking them is going away. I wouldn't call several of the things on the list "systems unique to BfA" though.
    Warfronts were alright but after the 3rd-5th time they just sucked. IMO what they should have done is make it a 20v20 or 40v40 (depending if the Instance could handle it) were the attacking team gets stronger over time and eventually crushes the defensive team

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only system in BfA that isnt a complete and utter failure is the Allied Races... if you can even consider that a system. Everything about BfA is a worse version of whatever it carried over from previous expansions.

That it's over.

From the list:
    Azerite Gear: Without a guaranteed gem slot and random stats, this was underwhelming.
    PVP cache: I don't bother with PVP, so I only got 3 of them total, and they were weak.
    M+ Cache: I would have rather had some say, either by what I ran or something, concerning what gear drops I could have gotten.
    Lore: Very twisted and contrived. I think the writers need to put themselves in the positions of their subjects and ask if this even sounds right.
    Zone Design: As much as I hated WoD, it's zones were significantly better.
    Class Balance: F- See me after class!!
    Island Expeditions: Stupid idea.
    War Campaign: The Horde should have done a coup d'etat a lot sooner, and this "4th war" was over with and done before it even started.
    Raid Design: I'm tired of fighting opponents while playing hopscotch all the time.
    Dungeon Design: I'm not going to miss a single one of these.
    Corruption: Borrowed power pisses me off. Ever since our Artifacts were destroyed, I have had a bitter taste in my mouth.
    Horrific Visions: Like Island Expeditions, stupid idea.
    Benthic gear: Interesting in concept, a pain in the ass in reality.
    Last edited by Melusine; 2020-10-13 at 07:05 PM.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Raids were decent, particularly Uldir and Eternal Palace.

Zone design was good, even if i didn't like all the questlines. Voldun, Drustvar, and Nazmir were the highlights.

Dungeons were okay. None of them really stand out as memorable, especially compared to Legion.

Almost everything else was awful. Corruptions, heart of azeroth, essence gear all awful. Class balance an abomination. Worst pvp I can remember in terms of balance. Island Expeditions, World Quests, Warfronts repetitive unchallenging garbage. The final patch of Rajani and Pandaria reputations were horrible. War campaign was horrible dreck, the worst writing in Blizzard history?

If they did Azerite Gear minus the attachment to AP and minus the massive base stat boost, it could've turned into a really neat and easily expanded new system of gear.
    I'm a thread killer.