Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how older raids in the expansion become irrelevant after the new tier comes out.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Shadowlands dungeons look ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    Shadowlands dungeons look ugly.
    The thread's point is posting an UNPOPULAR opinion, krl.

the new customization options are half-assed and people only praise them because they were starving so much for any kind of customization that even half-assed ones are better than nothing.

I love lfg system and tbh i would love to see it implemented everywhere in the game that requires a group.

The community is atrocious it has done more harm in the game than Blizzard itself has done to it.

Competitive scene has deteriorated the game.

PvP > PvE.

Alliance > Horde.

I like the lore.

10 man raiding should be in the game

Ion is a very clever and competent guy.

Blizzard ex-employs won't be able to succeed the same way they did with Blizzard.

Housing, Bards, Pet Battles are among those things that are lame.

There should be restrictions in races, classes, even genders.

There should be more than 2 factions.

Subscription is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rectify View Post
    Cataclysm pvp was the best out of all expansions!
    I Agree, until 4.3 arrived. That was a mess. Because 4.3 PvP dominated by pve heros. All the Castercleaves with Legendary Firelands weapon, rogues with legendary and melees with gurthalac HC.

Unpopular ? ok, here's mine:

Note: I started playing in BC and mostly went on hiatus after Pandaria, just occasionally playing now (2 kids+job :P)

WOTLK was the best expansion (I'm talking about the state at the end of the expansion with LFG, but without pre-cata changes).
    LFG is great.
    Normal/heroic dungeons are much more interesting than Raiding in any form/difficulty.
    All expansions/lore after WOTLK seems forced and not very interesting.
    How the hell could you guys miss all those new continents/large landmasses throughout all the years before WOTLK?
    Casuals make most of the population and should be main target populace to be catered to, not raiders/elitists.
    Classic is totally different game (in all aspects) than retail. To me they don't even fall in the same game category - Classic is MMO (with a bit of rpg and extended lore), retail is hack and slash with nice lore and cinematics.
    Classic should get LFG.
    Classic should get BC and WOTLK.
    Classic should get more fixes.
    We should go back to talent trees from WOTLK.
    You should be able to get all the lore events with max HC dungeons, raiding should be totally optional.
    Raids should be removed and each changed into a couple of dungeons.
    No, you don't get any outside world skills by playing WOW, it's a game.
    WoW, in essence, is a waste of time (and feels nice, due to tickling our dopamine receptors often - that's why you can level faster now and get rewards more often).
    WoW is designed to create addiction.
    WoW should get 16+ age restriction and more gore/explicit content.
    Arthas was right culling the Stratholme.

7+ Year Old Account
    The horde should never have been given paladins and the alliance should never have been given shamans.

3+ Year Old Account
    the lore of WoW and experiencing is my favorite part of the game
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if its unpopular or not.. but I think Cata was the best iteration of Shadow Priest (I liked MoP As well), and Void Form is utter shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    The biggest problem with WoD was a lack of raid content.
    That's a fact, not an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Death Knights only for Light-worshipping Races (since they are inherently anti-Paladins)
    eh... what?
    DKs being "anti paladins" is true for very few DKs in lore - Arthas, both Mograines and Zeliek (or whats his name, one of four horsemen)...
    first DKs were actualy ORC WARLOCKS...

Difficulty of roles from highest to lowest: Healing > mdps > tanking > rdps.

Classes no longer being gcd capped is the worst change to ever happen to WoW.

Systems like mythic+ have no place in an mmo, and if you enjoy them, neither do you.

The best gear should always come from raids. There should be no alternative gearing paths, aside from maybe one or two pieces from currency, like back in wrath/cata.

Being "done" with a patch is a good thing for everyone except Blizzards pockets.

Pathfinder is fine, but should be in in its entirety the day of launch, and should not require rep.

Raid bosses have become too complicated. The game had a good encounter balance from wrath to MoP, but the amount of abilities bosses had in legion and BfA is simply absurd.

Race class restrictions are dumb, but the game should have racial modifiers. A "small race" warrior should have less health and output than an orc, who should less health and output than a tauren, etc. The game should then be balanced around the "weakest" of these combinations, so as to not exclude people based on their preference.

Underperforming classes should be buffed instead of strong classes being brought down. The game becoming easier as a result of that is acceptable.

Mythic+, pvp, and the open world should have their own sets with their own bonuses. They shouldn't be an alternative way to reach the same goal, they should be their own endgame for the people that want to do them.

The gear earned from raiding, pvp, and mythic+ should not be usable at all outside of the activity they were gained from.

The game moving on from us being adventurers to being important people was good, but it went too far with us being called champion at every turn, which is very annoying. We should be commanders, nothing more, nothing less.

PvP is an irrelevant side activity, and PvPers should accept that. The game should never be balanced around PvP. Only PvE performance matters.
    Last edited by Thelyron; 2020-10-22 at 10:02 AM.

Getting raid-quality gear from M+ is great and provides alternative gearing routes for people not interested in raids.

If you don’t do high-end raiding, M+ or arena then your opinion about class design/performance doesn’t matter.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If you don’t do high-end raiding, M+ or arena then your opinion about class design/performance doesn’t matter.
    ^ /10 10 10

WoD has by far the best soundtrack in the entirety of WoW till now.

Also probably not that unpopular, but:
    BfA was an unfocused mess that failed mostly because it wanted to do too many things and deal with just about all remaining threats on Azeroth at once (plus its story was self-contradictory at points).

It's not in the MMO genre anymore and has more in common with Destiny 2 and other live service games than MMORPG's.

We should have our hourly sub reinstated, instead of it being taken away after 8 years.

Here's my rare unpopular WoW opinion: I actually like the game.