Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Not sure if it's gonna be months, but I agree with you. It benefits them to have people think that something is exclusive and going away because then people spend hundreds on token sales, but once it is gone, it's gonna be super tempting to bring it back another way to get those sweet token sales rolling again once subs start to flag in a few months. I think they might have another version that costs double the price or something in the future.
    Blizzard already said they will not be introducing a mount that costs nearly as much as the Brutosaur because of how absurdly high it was. Also, you can't sell an item for "double the cost" as that is more than gold cap.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    That's a non sequitur. That still takes time that could be put to progress. Some people have lives outside WoW too.
    Time that can be put to raid progress is a very small amount of time in most guilds. If buying consumables costs you raid time every raid, the time spent waiting on those people is probably the least of your problems. Regardless of if it's 30 seconds or 2 minutes, you still made the other people in the raid wait for you. Plan better. Planning is what kills bosses.

You're playing with words. It's still an advantage FOR raiding even if it's not in the raid itself.
    For one you can mount it right out of instance entrances.
    How is mounting outside the entrance an advantage during raid times? It is literally faster to hearth to town and be summoned back to the raid than it is to run out of the instance and use a long boy. You yourself stated that the advantage is in the time spent during raid time since people don't have time available after the raid or before the raid to buy consumables (which also isn't based in reality but I've already covered that)

You also deliberately chose to delete the parts of my post that went over why, even if you could mount in the raid, the brutosaur is not the fastest why to get consumables to raid members even if you need them mid raid. Is it the most convenient? maybe that's a lot more subjective and depends on a lot of other factors. But there is a difference between something being a convenience and something being an advantage. No one will ever lose a world first race or drop a rank they otherwise would have gotten because they didn't have a long boy. Your argument is not supported by any real game play of top guilds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Its surprising we haven't gotten a mog/AH mount in store yet. Its the only mount I'd ever buy from their shop and that shit would sell like CRAZY.
    There's no price point they could set it at that would both

a) be as profitable as having it available for gold

and

b) not get them really bad PR

For comparison if you were to buy the Long boy with the current conversion of token to gold it would cost your ~$700 and I'm sure more than a few people bought a long boy with tokens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    How is mounting outside the entrance an advantage during raid times? It is literally faster to hearth to town and be summoned back to the raid than it is to run out of the instance and use a long boy. You yourself stated that the advantage is in the time spent during raid time since people don't have time available after the raid or before the raid to buy consumables (which also isn't based in reality but I've already covered that)

You also deliberately chose to delete the parts of my post that went over why, even if you could mount in the raid, the brutosaur is not the fastest why to get consumables to raid members even if you need them mid raid. Is it the most convenient? maybe that's a lot more subjective and depends on a lot of other factors. But there is a difference between something being a convenience and something being an advantage. No one will ever lose a world first race or drop a rank they otherwise would have gotten because they didn't have a long boy. Your argument is not supported by any real game play of top guilds.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no price point they could set it at that would both

a) be as profitable as having it available for gold

and

b) not get them really bad PR

For comparison if you were to buy the Long boy with the current conversion of token to gold it would cost your ~$700 and I'm sure more than a few people bought a long boy with tokens.
    yeah but its ugly as fuck

7+ Year Old Account
    It would be a modest but clear advantage to progress. Expect to either see more mobile AHs within months or for the item to be nerfed and have something else on it.
    Could you clarify what you mean by "few lucky ones"? Anyone who did raw gold farming of WoD content throughout BfA could afford the Brutosaur; gold making isn't luck, it's almost wholly deterministic.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally wat. Sometimes I wonder if people are still subscribed to WoW.

Prove to us how being already in a raid with a brutosaur saves 0 time.
    Not all raids you can mount up everywhere.

Ouch.
    Hi

The mount isn't even that rare. Almost 10% have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

You're playing with words. It's still an advantage FOR raiding even if it's not in the raid itself.
    Non-slacking, non-afking people who can prepare consumables before raid time is advantage.
    Longboi isnt.

As I said before, hardcore progress raiders prepare full bags\banks of consumables for the entire race before mythic raid even releases. They do not need AH at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    The mount isn't even that rare. Almost 10% have it.

Actually almost ten times fewer have it at 1.4%.
    https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/mounts
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Actually almost ten times fewer have it at 1.4%.
    https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/mounts
    That site was updated like a year ago. The stats on data for azeroth is more accurate.

https://ibb.co/j4sV1c1
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Im looking forward to when Blizzard releases numbers on how many actually have the brutosaur, and we'll see exactly how "easy" it is to farm.
    It is easy to farm.

But it's also time consuming and a lot of people might not put that commitment in.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Its surprising we haven't gotten a mog/AH mount in store yet. Its the only mount I'd ever buy from their shop and that shit would sell like CRAZY.
    Blizzard took the brutosaur out because it had an AH on it, because it allowed AH farmers to flip hundreds of auctions while parked next to a mailbox.

I doubt they’ll be adding another AH mount any time soon.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

How on earth does having a mobile AH grant any sort of benefit for raids? Seriously how?

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    That site was updated like a year ago. The stats on data for azeroth is more accurate.

https://ibb.co/j4sV1c1
    Ah, good spot.
    Am not familiar with that site so i cannot verify independently, but fair enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    How on earth does having a mobile AH grant any sort of benefit for raids? Seriously how?
    Raid preparation, saving time travelling while preparing?
    I agree it's a stretch that it'd be a decisive benefit for competition, but you'd have to be blind or intentionally not looking to not see its benefit.
    I mean for crying out loud there's a reason people were not only willing but hurrying to fork over 5 million gold for it.

Yeah serious advantage. HS to auction house and summoning back takes 2 min, really game breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    This is why we cant have nice things in game. Always some vocal minority will complain that something petty is constituting an unfair advantage for those who have it. I don't have this mount and I really can't see whats the game breaking that it brings. If anything it removed a lot of gold from the game.
    The real reason why "we" can't have nice things is the absurd price and grinding-time-wasting of a rare few players. Had it been commonly priced and/or not removed OP would not have had anything to conplain about.

And let's be fair if it were just about the rarity or gold deflation then where'd be the harm in removing the auctioneer or something of the like?
    The gold remains gone and the rarity is unchanged.
    No, let's not pretend those things factor into this, nor that they are the reason that people complain.

It's artificial sparsity for a (minor but real) effective benefit.
    Last edited by loras; 2020-10-16 at 03:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Everyone i've seen with the brutosaur only wanted it because of its model

The AH is just something on the side
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Buying consumables BEFORE raidtime saves more time, because you do not even need to cast longboi, portable mailbox, etc.

Ah, good spot.
    Am not familiar with that site so i cannot verify independently, but fair enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree it's a stretch that it'd be a decisive benefit for competition, but you'd have to be blind or intentionally not looking to not see its benefit.
    I mean for crying out loud there's a reason people were not only willing but hurrying to fork over 5 million gold for it.
    Who in their right mind is raid prepping outside of an instance? This is done way before you're about to raid. There is literally 0 benefit when it comes to raids lol. People also were ready to fork over 3mil or 2mil whatever it was for the spider mount and it gave you literally nothing. People just like to spend gold on shinys.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Everyone i've seen with the brutosaur only wanted it because of its model

The AH is just something on the side

Model is cool, but worth max. 100k. The AH is what makes this special and accounts for most of the price.