Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Still waiting on that list of requirements you need to classify it as housing. It shouldn’t be that hard tbh
    dude. im ignoring you because youre not worth talking to. i made that fairly clear a while ago. stop pinging me. i really dont give a damn how right you think you are. youre annoying at best, and things i shouldnt say at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    dude. im ignoring you because youre not worth talking to. i made that fairly clear a while ago. stop pinging me. i really dont give a damn how right you think you are. youre annoying at best, and things i shouldnt say at worst.
    You do realize you can add someone to the ignore list without telling them?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You do realize you can add someone to the ignore list without telling them?
    theres an ignore list? no, i didnt realize that actually. ill have to look for it. ty.

edit: found it. i dont normally look around in that area. thanks again.

Answer the question it's a very simple question. What is player housing to you?

theres an ignore list? no, i didnt realize that actually. ill have to look for it. ty.
    Left click their name, go to profile, and under "Send Private Message" is "Add to Ignore List".
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Why would you ignore someone simply because their opinion doesnt line up with yours? What a strange thing to do. Anyway, i happen to agree that the garrison absolutely fit the mould of 'player housing', just maybe not each individual persons subjective expectation of what player housing should encompass.

While I'm all for player housing, no tying it to covenants/shadowlands lore wise like that is a bad idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well if you ask me, I am very certen we will get a Eastern kingdoms and Kalimdor revamp, with that we could get player housing and a system similar to (Elder scrolls online player housing).

Player housing should just be cool looks and zero player power, it should be a side things that if you like it do it , if not, leave it there.

The Core things about an mmorpg is to give the players choice, since we are so many we all play world of warcraft for different reasons.

Hope this comes true in 10.0, we will see
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

why do devs waste time on whatever garbage you like? its boring af and it should never happen.
    Tell me one successful game with player housing

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    *That's an mmo

TBF player housing is amazing, in single player games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I've yet to see a reason why they aren't wanted without a direct Garrison comparison. When it comes to Blizzard, everyone is very pessimistic towards them, but they won't ever cut the umbilical cord from WoW, very telling.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why you just put the damn things in the damn Capitol cities. The entrance to get to them could be in the Capitols and the housing could be a hub, with instances for each personal home.
    Hell SW USED to have a gated portal to a planned player housing area.. removed in cata of course but it was there

k. ff14, which is still gaining popularity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Fact: Blizzard declared before the expansion even started that there would only be two tiers where the norm was 3 tiers.

Where did the development go? Everything else was the same as recent expansions. Dungeons? Mythic dungeons. PvP? Ashran like winter grasp. Pet battles? Exactly like MoP. World bosses? Just like MoP.

Conclusion. A raid tier of development was spent on garrisons. It's only a lie because this fact doesn't line up with your beliefs.

Checkmate.

- - - Updated - - -

Relative to the amount of people who don't want it you might as well say no one. The proportion is so low that it is statistically irrelevant. 0.
    Pretty sure they abandoned ALOT of stuff for WoD such as the capital cities, a raod tier, choosing where our garrisons would go and ALOT more..that expansion was a dumpster fire(good leveling but outside that a dumpster fire)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Pretty sure they abandoned ALOT of stuff for WoD such as the capital cities, a raod tier, choosing where our garrisons would go and ALOT more..that expansion was a dumpster fire(good leveling but outside that a dumpster fire)
    You didnt enjoy the raids or dungeons or pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Op is the kind of player that made Blizzard devs think that a level squish was a good idea.
    NEWSFLASH: It's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Player housing was tried in the form of garrisons and was overall disliked and one of the more negatively received features wow ever received.

I do not know how other mmos implemented player housing (never played a mmo that had it) but WoW is already just about teleporting to raid/dungeon/BG/arena when a popup shows up and either doing dailies or afking in the meantime.

Not sure in what way would player housing be a worthwhile addition to WoW considering all that.
    Seems to me the vast majority of players would not even bother trying out this feature.
    Others likely replied buut

In general garrisons aren't even really player housing

In other games it is FULLY optional as in no quests(except maybe to unlock)

It is customizable from wallpaper to decor to even yards in many cases

It adds content to run during lulls as well as stuff to craft and sell

You never lose progress as in you can keep working on it expansion after expansion unlike borrowed power

No gameplay impacting features or auction hall etc..so you still need to go out

Garrisons were as many others have saud a quest hub not player housing

10+ Year Old Account
    Others likely replied buut

In general garrisons aren't even really player housing

In other games it is FULLY optional as in no quests(except maybe to unlock)

It is customizable from wallpaper to decor to even yards in many cases

It adds content to run during lulls as well as stuff to craft and sell

You never lose progress as in you can keep working on it expansion after expansion unlike borrowed power

No gameplay impacting features or auction hall etc..so you still need to go out

Garrisons were as many others have saud a quest hub not player housing
    then go play the Sims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    There's also GW2, ESO, and SWTOR, which have upfront costs but no subscription, but they don't seem as popular as FFXIV in my experience. I don't have any numbers to back that up; I'm going strictly by how often I see those MMOs mentioned.
    Fuck rift, wildstar and frankly most mmos i know of have it in some form..wows actually an outlier by not having it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Oh, it was good during the alpha. Now it's been gutted of all the fun.
    I wish i could have tried the alpha version..it sounded AMAZING sadly modern blizz hates player agency/letting us just have fun or be op

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Wildstar implemented some of the best player housing ever seen in an MMO, and look where that got them.
    That probably kept it alive longer..wildstar had ALOT of issues

Fuck rift, wildstar and frankly most mmos i know of have it in some form..wows actually an outlier by not having it
    And yet is the most successful of the lot by so far its not even funny. Hell, wildstar was completely shut down, was it not? Im just saying that using your "other games have it" as a logical reason to include loses any weight when those games failed horribly. An argument could be made that so much dev time was spent working on this feature that they took shortcuts in other areas, and ultimately, that hurt the game overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Player housing is actually a waste of time though. It can only hurt the game, look at garrisons. The overwhelming majority of players disliked it, and even if the players did like it, it completely is counter intuitive to an mmo. A system that basically rewards you for not being out with other players and confining yourself to your own little space is not good for an mmo.

Player housing is more for single player games
    If garrisons is what you think of when you hear player housing no wonder you don't like the idea..but to many of us who have played games with ACTUAL player housing it is a heavily desired feature

- - - Updated - - -

Ffxiv, eso, gw2..all the other big names have some form of it