10+ Year Old Account

Chromie time question

Is there a way to stay in Chromie time after hitting 50? I have a bazillion alts, so I am in no rush to have another bazillion max level alts. However, I love the new Chromie time leveling and want to relive the old storylines casually while leveling since I haven't played them in years.

But when I started WOD, after finishing Frostfire Ridge, Gogrond and half of Talador I already hit 50 and Chromie time stopped.

Alternatively, is there a way to stop experience gain in Chromie time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

There is no way to stay in Chromie Time but there is an NPC in both Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will stop your XP for small amount of gold.

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Level_locking

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Is there a way to stay in Chromie time after hitting 50? I have a bazillion alts, so I am in no rush to have another bazillion max level alts. However, I love the new Chromie time leveling and want to relive the old storylines casually while leveling since I haven't played them in years.

But when I started WOD, after finishing Frostfire Ridge, Gogrond and half of Talador I already hit 50 and Chromie time stopped.

Alternatively, is there a way to stop experience gain in Chromie time?
    I mean if all you’re after is just doing the storyline you can continue them outside of CT. You’ll just be at max level while mobs in whatever expansion will be scaled down meaning the quests will be easier.

Also yes I believe you can turn off xp gains in CT. Just do it at 49

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

I hit 50 on my Dark Iron Dorf and it triggered a 30 second timer that literally kicked me out of Legion and into Stormwind. And it was kind of jarring since I was in Shadowforge getting my heritage armor, so my mole machine was also put on cooldown.

You can stop experience at 49. But the moment you hit 50, Chromie Time stops.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    There is no way to stay in Chromie Time but there is an NPC in both Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will stop your XP for small amount of gold.

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Level_locking
    If I do this at say level 49-ish in Chromie time, it will lock me to level 49? Won't I stay forever in Chromie time then at level 49?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    If I do this at say level 49-ish in Chromie time, it will lock me to level 49? Won't I stay forever in Chromie time then at level 49?
    Yes it will lock you to 49 and if you do all the quests you want you just talk to that npc again to unlock your level and then you can do some dungeons to go to that 49.