Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Nov 24 is still an option. Any later than that and we won’t see raid til next year
    The only "issue" with that is thanksgiving, which is obviously only an American thing, and yes, they even launched wow itself on this weekend, but some say it is still a factor to consider.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    History is what imbedded it. Events usually run ~4 weeks.
    Nah i have convinced myself that it was 3 weeks of staggered events - something different / additional each of those 3 weeks. And i think we are beyond looking at history for this release, because it has not exactly gone to plan.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    With no new date yet given, i would think november is out the window and december unlikely due to the holidays.

Sure they could do jan but i doubt it since i feel like a lot is being redisgned that spring is looking more then likely
    They've released expansions in December before.

See: Cataclysm
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    They've released expansions in December before.

See: Cataclysm
    Also see January for TBC. So it's by no mean unheard of.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Fine here is one of the latest, not even a month ago? A change to how the conduit system works itself what would have been a month before release

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318351/...nduit%20Charge.

Oh and back in july they changed it to act like this

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-update/596481

And this was changed from acting like it was in alpha where your conduit worked like something that you destroyed when you changed so there was no collection system.

This is just one example here. These are not just 'balance' changes. These are changing how the system works as a whole, these should have been alpha decisions not beta decisions, and for sure not changes that would normally be happening a MONTH before release.

There is a solid reason they discussed pulling the ripcord, you don't hear that a lot from blizzard. And once again, this is not because they just need to balance it, it's because they are finding it imbalanceable. I mean it would take a monkey not to be able to see this.
    Yes. Latest fundamental change - 23 days ago.

The other thing you linked is several months old.

Point stands - no fundamental changes in a long time. Balance is where its at - and that can and will happen post launch aswell

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    I thought blizzard stated that the expansion will still be a 2020 release?
    Blizzard also stated it would come out in october.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I mean, delaying something once is a bit different than delaying multiple times. Let's not go the Cyberpunk road and actually hope Blizzard lives up to their words this time. They keep saying later this year, everything is pointing towards this aswell, i would be very suprised if they delay it further.

Seeing how close we were to release date before they delayed the release tells me it's still going to be this year. Anything else will be a massive warning sign of how bad the state of the expansion actually is should they come this close to release and go "fuck this, we still have months of rework to do to fix this shit" and postpone it to next year.

If that's the case it says more of how bad the state of the developer team is, than anything else. It's honestly already close to a disgrace with this failure of a pre patch (seen from a pvp point of view atleast) current state is imo complete shit when it comes to PvP. Nothing is really balanced anymore, burst is insane and without any gear catch up system, pvp scaling and current burst, pvp is only viable for main characters that already have top end gear. Playing an alt right now is worse than any other time in BFA imo.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Yeah I have it in my brain that it was 3 weeks, and for the life of me I don't know where or when that imbedded. I keep saying they will give very little warning for the event - even a couple of days would be fine, and when they announce that, they will be announcing the new release date at the same time. I expect this date to be 3-4 weeks after the announcement date.
    I have been in this mindset as well. I swear I read somewhere legit that the expectation on Blizz's part was 3 weeks between 9.01 and event, then 3 weeks from event to SL launch. Maybe it was one of the earnings/shareholder updates. Which, is the biggest reason by far that SL will still drop in 2020, even if it is Dec 31. Without it all the revenue from presale and SL purchases can't be recognized in 2020. Even though Blizzard and Activision are performing well, deferring hundreds of millions of revenue has a large impact.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Yes. Latest fundamental change - 23 days ago.

The other thing you linked is several months old.

Point stands - no fundamental changes in a long time. Balance is where its at - and that can and will happen post launch aswell
    Lol the point doesn’t still stand the latest fundamental change was less than a month before its release. That’s not “so long ago” this is as recent as recent gets when it comes to a game being released.

The change 3 months ago is also An extremely recent change considering fundamental changes are suppose to be an alpha or even pre alpha decision. Not 3 freakin months or even worse a month before it’s release.

Do not even attempt to spin a huge change a month ago being “so long ago” my dude thats being insanely dishonest.

So your point is disproven, period. The issue isn’t just balance. It’s at a fundamental level. There’s nothing more to discuss. I guarantee there will be even more changes going into shadowlands. Whether it before release or during the shadowlands, but they will not be able to balance a system like this with how it’s setup. Full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Titebiere83 View Post
    Could you tell me how paying for an actual service is considered a scam ?
    There have been reports that people have had their sub run out and still are able to play so yeah it's a scam if that's true. You're paying for the xmog not the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    It’s not going to be Nov 10
    Nov 10 could be the start of the prepatch event.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    There have been reports that people have had their sub run out and still are able to play so yeah it's a scam if that's true. You're paying for the xmog not the sub.
    What? Lol. I know this sounds crazy but do you think maybe people lied about something over the internet with no proof of their claims? That’s a crazy thought I know...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denying_the_antecedent

Some light reading about logical fallacies

10 new bugs on beta, resources is not even generating no mana reg no focus gain etc, everything is completely broken, no new info about maw changes in this weeks build either, scourge event not even tested on ptr yet

no way they are releasing in 2020 at this pace

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    scourge event not even tested on ptr yet
    Hasn't it been tested on beta though? There is no real reason to test it on both and the events seem pretty well documented on WoWhead.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Lol the point doesn’t still stand the latest fundamental change was less than a month before its release. That’s not “so long ago” this is as recent as recent gets when it comes to a game being released.

The change 3 months ago is also An extremely recent change considering fundamental changes are suppose to be an alpha or even pre alpha decision. Not 3 freakin months or even worse a month before it’s release.

Do not even attempt to spin a huge change a month ago being “so long ago” my dude thats being insanely dishonest.

So your point is disproven, period. The issue isn’t just balance. It’s at a fundamental level. There’s nothing more to discuss. I guarantee there will be even more changes going into shadowlands. Whether it before release or during the shadowlands, but they will not be able to balance a system like this with how it’s setup. Full stop.
    I'm not sure what point you think you are making, you are the one writing me. My point, when you where writing me, was that the game is in a state now where they are doing balance changes and that it means its about ready to release soon. As in they arent doing major fundamental changes anymore.

At no point during our discussion have you been able to make a single argument against that, and i'm honestly not even sure what you are trying to convince me you have disputed. I'm not even sure you know yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denying_the_antecedent

Some light reading about logical fallacies
    It's not a fallacy to point out that they changed their minds before. Taking as gospel something a company says when they already changed their minds once is foolish. Your cute attempt a pseudo intellectualism with a wiki link doesn't actually change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    10 new bugs on beta, resources is not even generating no mana reg no focus gain etc, everything is completely broken, no new info about maw changes in this weeks build either, scourge event not even tested on ptr yet

no way they are releasing in 2020 at this pace
    jeeeeeeesus, is it really that bad?

It's not a fallacy to point out that they changed their minds before. Taking as gospel something a company says when they already changed their minds once is foolish. Your cute attempt a pseudo intellectualism with a wiki link doesn't actually change that.
    Your argument was:
    Because blizzard set a release date this year and changed it
    Because blizzard still says its going to be out this year
    Because blizzard changes their minds when they set a release date. Its going to be out next year

Thats a logical fallacy - specificly the one i linked. Thats the comparison you where making, intentional or not.
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-10-28 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    jeeeeeeesus, is it really that bad?
    most of these bugs last like one day, they are also making many great changes. They just doubled the effectiveness of the new set bonus of wearing two PvP trinkets, Gladiator's Distinction for example